Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't nearly every big Marvel Studios release gotten a Super Bowl spot? Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Iron Man 2?

Hasn't nearly every big Marvel Studios release gotten a Super Bowl spot? Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Iron Man 2?

IM2 didnt if i recall correctly, they announced it back in 2010 and then cancelled it....
theres definitely gonna be some Marvel studious presence in the superbowl

A SB spot for IM3 is almost guaranteed, unless Disney gets like Warner Bros. and decide to save a few million dollars. However, if promotion is anything like The Avengers, we should get the 30-second spot in addition to a 60-second trailer that same day.

A spot for Thor 2 is really questionable because there's usually never SB ads for movies that'll release in the Fall...so I've been told.

Whenever the next trailer is. I hope we get to see more of the bad guys. We saw the Mandarin and we saw Killian, but I hope we get to see the other guys too.

I'm surprised at just how little the first trailer gave away. I have (speculation and rumours aside) very little idea as to what happens in this movie. The first trailer for IM2 gave more away in my opinion. Man of Steel trailer also had a kind of condensed narrative to it.

I know I won't be able to, but I want to refrain from the superbowl spot and the 2nd trailer, just so I can see everything for the first time on the big screen.

That said, I'd like to see some glimpses of iron man in battle.

I'm going to tell myself that the next trailer I see is going to be my last, but I know I'm just kidding myself haha

I'm going to tell myself that the next trailer I see is going to be my last, but I know I'm just kidding myself haha

lol same here. although i did succeed in resisting Avengers after watching its second trailer....

I'm surprised at just how little the first trailer gave away. I have (speculation and rumours aside) very little idea as to what happens in this movie. The first trailer for IM2 gave more away in my opinion. Man of Steel trailer also had a kind of condensed narrative to it.

I know I won't be able to, but I want to refrain from the superbowl spot and the 2nd trailer, just so I can see everything for the first time on the big screen.

That said, I'd like to see some glimpses of iron man in battle.

i like how in youtube comments people think the trailer gave away too much. But from a fans standpoint WANT MOAR!

i like how in youtube comments people think the trailer gave away too much. But from a fans standpoint WANT MOAR!

Ugh, yeah. They complain that they know his mansion gets blown up. But we don't know when it happens in the story, who exactly is responsible, who is flying the helicopters, and so on.

The avengers trailer, we knew aliens attacked, but we didn't know how it happened. Youtube comment-makers annoy me...

Yeah, although to be fair, there are plenty of fans who don't know when enough info is enough as well. With Avengers, there were people who could put the whole film together but still wouldn't be happy until they knew **** like how many individual costume changes there were.

Ugh, yeah. They complain that they know his mansion gets blown up. But we don't know when it happens in the story, who exactly is responsible, who is flying the helicopters, and so on.

The avengers trailer, we knew aliens attacked, but we didn't know how it happened. Youtube comment-makers annoy me...

I think the trailer makes it pretty obvious who's flying the helicopters: it's the Eye In the Sky Channel 1 News Choppers. Those guys are real ***holes. :o

Yeah. I definitely will not be watching any of the clips that usually come out shortly before the film itself. The Avengers released something like 10 clips, including a decent portion of the Iron Man vs. Thor scene.

Seeing action scenes with fresh eyes on opening day is something special. The first time I saw Iron Man use fusion with Captain America i had a major nerdgasm.

lol same here. although i did succeed in resisting Avengers after watching its second trailer....

I tried so hard not to look anything up for Avengers and then ended up finding a copy of it online the night before I was going to see the actual film in theaters haha. So pathetic but so worth it.

I tried so hard not to look anything up for Avengers and then ended up finding a copy of it online the night before I was going to see the actual film in theaters haha. So pathetic but so worth it.

I totally disagree, especially when the cam versions of movies look so horrible. Hope you can resist for phase 2 lol

Yeah. I definitely will not be watching any of the clips that usually come out shortly before the film itself. The Avengers released something like 10 clips, including a decent portion of the Iron Man vs. Thor scene.

Seeing action scenes with fresh eyes on opening day is something special. The first time I saw Iron Man use fusion with Captain America i had a major nerdgasm.
I'll try..

I usually watch all the trailers, but steer clear of the TV spots. Those are usually the worst for showing you the whole movie.

Don Cheadle recently spoke about Iron Man 3 in an interview at comic book movie dot com

COLLIDER: Expectations on Iron Man 3 are going to be sky high. What are your hopes for it?

CHEADLE: I hope that it performs to those levels. We did a little piece of it at Comic-Con and people went crazy. It looked great. The script is good. We’re doing a couple re-shoots next week, but I’m encouraged.

COLLIDER: Are you doing the re-shoots here in town?

CHEADLE: Yes, in Manhattan Beach.

COLLIDER: Do your kids like having a superhero dad?

CHEADLE: I don’t think it matters to them. They still want me to drive them places and go get food and take them to movies. It doesn’t really matter. They haven’t asked me to fly them there yet.

COLLIDER: What was it like working with Shane Black on Iron Man 3?

CHEADLE: It was good. We had a good time. It’s a really good cast. It’s a very interesting script. It was a lot of fun.

COLLIDER: What did you think of the red, white and blue armor?

CHEADLE: Oh, I’ll let you react to that when you see it.

COLLIDER: How will your character shake things up in Iron Man 3?

CHEADLE: I’m not supposed to say that he kills Robert Downey Jr.’s character. Is that a spoiler? That would be a spoiler. You knew that was coming. You read the comic books. No. I will just say that the buddy relationship that these guys have gets tighter. The third act set piece for the big finale is bigger and badder. It’s just a lot more.

I wonder if the Maggia will figure into the plot at all of the film. I think this is another angle that has yet to be exploited in the Marvel movies, is the organized crime aspect that develops super-villains.

Roger Wardell@RogerWardell
Inside News: When Stephanie Szostak's role is for Iron Man 3 is announced, fans will go crazy.

Did anybody put this Twitter post up...?

Has anything Roger Wardell tweeted ever been confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"