Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, who cares. It's just a design addition/subtraction.

I thought it was a neat variation on his latest armor design in Avengers. Doesn't mean every design has to have it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean the suitcase Armor was inferior to the Mk 3, doesn't take anything away from it as a suit though. It has a use based on certain contexts and I'm sure it will be the same here.

Word on the boxoffice.com forums is that a rough cut of the film will be screened at Disney/Marvel on January 24th. We may get some rumors about its content and reactions after that. I can't wait!

No reason he can't have a jet pack on the armor he is most likely to use (due to extremis allowing him to suit up on the fly)

mark 2 to mark 7 were all upgrades, with the exception of 5 which was used for emergencies. is this new armor more like a mark 5 than a mark 6 or 7? not in my opinion, no, it is meant to be a new, proper armor.

so add a damn jet pack, there is zero reason not to. it'd be like the new armor not having any missiles because another armor has one. what if he needs missiles all of a sudden? a futurist would make his armor have all the bells and whistles of the preceding model, plus upgrades.

his Extremis armor can be better in every way possible and not have a jet pack and you still won't be happy. what if he found a way to fly and shoot but not have bulky armor? yeesh....just wait for the movie..we have yet to see what this new armor can do.

yeah, and im saying it cant possibly hurt to have the jet pack plus all the other features you listed.

the jet pack itself has no down side, so why not include it? how can anyone not see the logic here?

as for his other weapons, he eventually runs out of ammo in his missiles etc not in his hands. his hand repulsors are limitless (they run on the power of the suit itself) so it makes a whole lot of sense for him to want to be able to use them whilst flying.

ugh. IMDB all over again.

has no downside? it makes him bulkier.....

Something just occurred to me...

If we are indeed seeing Tony utilize the Extremis virus in IM3, and he could therefore control his suits with with his mind alone...he won't need to bring Jarvis along with his armors anymore.

Will Jarvis now be relegated to nothing more than house duties from now on? Seems kind of sad...

Unless Jarvis' programming then has something to do with the creation of the Vision..........

Something just occurred to me...

If we are indeed seeing Tony utilize the Extremis virus in IM3, and he could therefore control his suits with with his mind alone...he won't need to bring Jarvis along with his armors anymore.

Will Jarvis now be relegated to nothing more than house duties from now on? Seems kind of sad...

Depends on if Stark wants to keep the virus. I'd be willing to bet the general consensus is that, by the end of the movie, Extremis won't be worth the risk and he'll 86 the virus and go back to tried-and-true JARVIS-driven suits.

I don't know I think he'd still use Jarvis for stuff.

Keep in mind, Jarvis seems to have the ability to assemble and paint his armors as well or directs all that.

Last edited:
i wouldn't be shocked if in the film, J.A.R.V.I.S. is compromised.
It would make sense considering the way the armors are blown up.
They look like they've been programmed to self-destruct rather than being blown up by a missile hitting the mansion.

And J.A.R.V.I.S. is the only one capable of programming them to do so outside of Stark himself.

this would also make sense as every armor except the one controlled by tony's mind gets blown up.

Last edited:
hal9000.jpg

I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Tony.

"Remember when you urinated into your suit?"

*Opens Tony's mask and crashes him into sewage treatment plant*

Lol!! ^ Then after the raw sewage water's in the suit, Jarvis can lock down the faceplate and swish it around in there with Stark.

Last edited:
Iron Man 3 Movie HeroClixTabApp™ Elite 2-Pack and Iron Man 3 Movie TabApp™ Elite Starter Pack

22758241.png
25358411.png

The Marvel HeroClix: Iron Man 3 Movie TabApp™ Elite 2-Pack includes one Iron Man Mk 42 figure with an electronic combat dial for use with the TabApp™ Elite Clixstation, and one TabApp™ Elite War Machine ally figure that can also be played during your TabApp™ Elite game, allowing players to use two figures at once! Both the Iron Man Mk 42 and War Machine TabApp™ Elite figures are 100% compatible with tabletop HeroClix, as well as the Marvel HeroClix: Iron Man 3 Movie TabApp™ Elite Starter pack that includes TabApp™ Elite Clixstation with an exclusive Iron Patriot TabApp™ Elite figure. These figured are expected to be released in April.

I believe the jetpack allows him to fly and fire repulsors at the same time. I say this because I dont ever remember him flying and using his repulsors in 1 or 2 and also he has said while in flight they are flight stabilizers

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/...g-in-hollywood-on-january-21-2013/#more-40766

According to Navigate Hollywood, “Caged”, which we know is the working title for Iron Man 3, will be filming additional scenes in Hollywood on Monday, January 21, overnight.

The shoot will cause street closures on Hollywood Blvd., between Highland Ave. and Orange Dr. Highland Ave. and McCadden Pl., will also be closed on Monday, January 21, 2013 7:00 p.m. – Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:00 a.m.

The filming may include re-shoots at TCL Chinese Theater (formerly Grauman’s Chinese Theater), located at Hollywood Blvd and Orange Dr. If you remember, last summer the movie recreated a similar theater at National Gypsum in Wilmington, N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"