Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So LokiD's stuff makes sense to you but THIS doesn't? :p

Isn't the whole co-production status with China so Marvel/Disney can distribute IM3 in China? I remember that's a reason for it. China's a huge, relatively-untapped market (at least 3 times the size of the US in terms of population). Remember the early story synopsis about Chinese heroes assisting IM? I'm sure Marvel/Disney is going to take advantage of Mandarin being the villain and try their best to use Chinese story elements (and some co-financing) to make a legitimate, theatrical representation in the country.

I think it's hilarious that Loki's still got all his crazy story theories going. Theories that are far more complex than all the films released so far. The stories of all the Marvel movies so far have been rather thin with very little connective tissue other than some SHIELD appearances (often shoe-horned into the plot). I don't think they're going to switch gears and suddenly decide to make everything completely interwoven and complex. It just doesn't fit Marvel Studio's MO.

I find all this Chinese representation and appeasement useless, since most people there will watch pirated versions of the film anyway, no offense lol

Odd question, but is RDJs scheduled to be on The Graham Norton show in the UK?

I find all this Chinese representation and appeasement useless, since most people there will watch pirated versions of the film anyway, no offense lol

The amount of people in China that will watch pirated versions of the film is no different than the amount of people that will watch pirated versions in the United States.

I hope we get a new poster soon.

So LokiD's stuff makes sense to you but THIS doesn't? :p

Yup :p

But seriously though, I saw we were talking about LokiD, (I think) then I noticed the Chinese were being discussed. I must have missed the bridge, I was playing LoL with my friends till like 4am, and then logged on here, but was too tired to read through the posts :p

Isn't the whole co-production status with China so Marvel/Disney can distribute IM3 in China? I remember that's a reason for it. China's a huge, relatively-untapped market (at least 3 times the size of the US in terms of population). Remember the early story synopsis about Chinese heroes assisting IM? I'm sure Marvel/Disney is going to take advantage of Mandarin being the villain and try their best to use Chinese story elements (and some co-financing) to make a legitimate, theatrical representation in the country.

I think it's hilarious that Loki's still got all his crazy story theories going. Theories that are far more complex than all the films released so far. The stories of all the Marvel movies so far have been rather thin with very little connective tissue other than some SHIELD appearances (often shoe-horned into the plot). I don't think they're going to switch gears and suddenly decide to make everything completely interwoven and complex. It just doesn't fit Marvel Studio's MO.

The thing with him, is that he's not saying marvel will do that. He claims to know a bit, regarding characters, and parts of the concept stage. He intentionally writes these obscure ridiculously long out of no where speculations to hide what "he knows", but at the same time, give away the small things he says he knows to the people who are willing to analyze his long posts, and see past the long speculation.

However, the IM3 thread isn't the best place for that, as people have said, we need an MCU thread somewhere.

anyway, back to China!!!

Also, why haven't we got another trailer for this movie yet? We got one way back in October, I would think there would be atleast one other trailer released at this point

I for one love LokiD's post, its at least an interesting read as opposed to the other stupid post full of complainers

I for one love LokiD's post, its at least an interesting read as opposed to the other stupid post full of complainers

+1

..he really brings the speculation into the news and speculation forums and I love it, even if the facts in them end up being false.

Odd question, but is RDJs scheduled to be on The Graham Norton show in the UK?

He's not been announced as far a I know (they usually only announce who will be on the show a week in advance). Plus, he doesn't have anything to pimp out so it wouldn't make much sense. I expect if we do see him on Graham Norton it would be nearer the time IM3 is due out.

It already is more interwoven than we know. This is part of phase 2 amping it up and exploring connections between characters even further.

When Falcon joins the team he's pretty much there from the start of Cap 2. They aren't even bothering to integrate him overly much, cover him up as a new member, or give him the Blackwidow/Hawkeye treatment... He's a major part of the story following some very quick backstory. I'm not pulling random things out of my ass when I bring up how Zola may be connected to AIM, and how Simon Williams may be amalgamated with Living Laser in Winter Soldier, as the secondary threat. I didn't remember Williams was an embezzler, but because I knew they were planning on using the character I selected very specific parts of the comics to fill in the details.

All I'll say is the Mandarin has been there overshadowing the Iron Man series the entire time, which has been hinted at. Shane Black helped with some of the stuff in IM1 and IM2, so IM3 is more like coming full circle for Stark in some ways and that's why it's moreso about Mandarin AIM and how Mandarin's reach knows no bounds. "Tony is left to his own devices", his own devices save him a number of times, including Jarvis knowing just what to do to help Rhodey and Pepper when he's in the middle of the country.

You have to remember a lot of my info comes from conceptual stages...
Ways things could be approached before they were finalized...
I know some of the general plans to include certain characters, but I fill in the specifics on my own. Which means I could be way off on purpose sometimes, while still circling the characters they wish to use.

Crossbones is a huge clue that they're looking for villains who've worked with the masters in the comics who can become part of the Masters later. Also some of the threats they/Zemo set up like Wonderman before he joins.

So I'm filling in the specifics on my own and making things more complex than they might be and sometimes showing alternative routes from what's actually planned. In this way I stay out of trouble, it looks like I'm speculating because anyone can bring up those characters and kind of link it to certain comic/comic portrayals... So instead of saying I know Simon Williams will be in CA2 I come up with a scenario based on the comics that includes some of the same characters. I.e. Zemo and Zola have a hand in what happens to Williams, Winter Soldier is good by the end of the movie, and helping Falcon, CA, Widow, Fury, and Shield take on Zola, AIM, and Simon Williams. While Zemo stays in the background. They may not need an actor for Zemo or certain other characters just yet.

Even Egghead has been a past master. So we could be looking at either him or Radioactive man in the Ant Man movie along with the first version of Ultron... I'm just going to say they might be leaning towards one over the other and don't get your hopes up to see Radioactive Man anymore. That was the plan, but there are contingency plans.
I'm combining it all to make it confusing for a purpose.

However, many characters/storylines are being amalgamated by Marvel.
Not as many as what I've written, but there are elements of Armor wars being mixed into this Extremis story we have here. No mixed characters in this movie, like Whiplash-Dynamo. Although we may see some familiar looking suits like the Titanium Man suit.

In CA 2 Living Laser may be amalgamated with parts of Simon Williams early story. In that movie they're combining Winter Soldier with some of Shield vs. AIM, Zola's robot body, and Zemo's creation of Wonderman. In this movie only Jarvis would really end up finding a little out about the extent of AIM's goals and they'd still be seen as a legitimate business afterwards until CA2. IN CA2 we start to find out they're Hydra.

In Thor 2 it's a little more complicated. That can go very many different ways and I won't be sure until I find out more. But it's obviously the Twilight arc that's being referenced on one side.

That's why Feige said it may be tough to predict what's going to happen. Things aren't going to happen exactly like the comics. But they are going to be amalgamating things from the comics in new ways. Sometimes to cover as many character references, or traits of that character as possible. Sometimes making Whiplash more like Crimson Dynamo, and Simon Williams a little like Living Laser at first.
We're entering the phase where things will be coming out of the woodwork more, and things like Selvig knowing Pym have been planned well in advance. Sometimes with backup plans in mind, and things are changed not to reference Pym at all by name in the first Thor.
Sometimes Radioactive Man is planned to be used, but the first actor falls through and this actor isn't going to be Radioactive Man anymore.
Meaning Egghead will likely be the villain in Ant Man. Some of the character's roles are designed to be interchangeable. The parts about Radioactive Man/Eggman in Ant Man can be quickly reworked to fit the overall plans.

Last edited:
Interesting interview with Kevin Feige at MTV News...

A few quotes of interest...

"So much of the journey of Iron Man 3 is informed by Tony's experiences in The Avengers. It's almost like post-traumatic stress: he really has retreated after the events of The Avengers into his workshop, where he's building advanced versions of his suits. He has [designed] a version of the suit that can latch onto him in individual pieces ... anytime, anywhere. As he starts to realize, it's basically because he doesn't want to be out of the suit: he's seen a lot of things in Avengers and has encountered a lot of powerful people, much more powerful than he is."

However, Stark's latest workshop trip will be short-lived, as his home is suddenly destroyed "just as he's starting to realize he needs to be in the suit at all times and in the safety of his workshop," says Feige. "It brings us back to the Tony we met in the first part of Iron Man where he's removed from that convoy and brought to the cave with nothing but a box of scraps. It's fun for all of us to watch Tony try to figure out how to get out of that scenario. Much of the movie is Tony in the middle of the country without his tools and a fairly broken suit to help him. But that's his superpower: he wasn't born on Asgard, he wasn't hit by gamma rays, and he doesn't have the super soldier serum. His power is his brain. It's fun to put Tony Stark in a corner with nothing and see how he can get out of it."

"We felt there was leeway to explore the Mandarin in a way that hasn't been explored before. We found we couldn't point to any sort of definitive Mandarin story in the comics — but if you print this, I'm sure a million fans will point to a specific story — so as we've done with many of the films, we did an amalgamation. The Mandarin is relentless: he's a non-stop threat, and you've seen that in the first teaser trailer when Tony Stark's house tumbles into the sea. He doesn't mess around, this guy." He also has nothing but good things to say about Downey's performance, as well as the supporting cast and director Shane Black. "Robert Downey Jr. gave his all to this performance. He left no stone unturned," he says. "No one has been shy — myself, Robert and [Jon] Favreau — about how Shane worked in the shadows of the first Iron Man film, helping with certain scenes and helping with tonal things. This film, it's much less the culmination of the previous Iron Man movies in part three: this is 'Iron Man: A Shane Black Film.' That, to me, is by far the most unique thing about this movie."

Yeah, interesting interview.

Makes it clear that the Malibu attack happens early in the movie, and it sounds like the majority of the movie is Tony having to operate without much in the way of resources, including his suit(s).

You left out another important quote from the interview:

"Characters like James Bond and Batman, whose stories go on and on and on — I think Tony is one of those characters. Where we go directly after Iron Man 3 ... I'm not looking too far ahead. I'm looking to finish Iron Man 3, getting into Avengers 2, and then seeing where we go from there. But I do think we have more Tony Stark tales to tell, and we'll take it one movie — or maybe two movies — at a time."

Pretty much confirms that Iron Man will be in Avengers 2, no surprise; but it's still unclear if RDJ will be in the suit, or if the recast will happen then.

It already is more interwoven than we know. This is part of phase 2 amping it up and exploring connections between characters even further.

When Falcon joins the team he's pretty much there from the start of Cap 2. They aren't even bothering to integrate him overly much, cover him up as a new member, or give him the Blackwidow/Hawkeye treatment... He's a major part of the story following some very quick backstory. I'm not pulling random things out of my ass when I bring up how Zola may be connected to AIM, and how Simon Williams may be amalgamated with Living Laser in Winter Soldier, as the secondary threat. I didn't remember Williams was an embezzler, but because I knew they were planning on using the character I selected very specific parts of the comics to fill in the details.

All I'll say is the Mandarin has been there overshadowing the Iron Man series the entire time, which has been hinted at. Shane Black helped with some of the stuff in IM1 and IM2, so IM3 is more like coming full circle for Stark in some ways and that's why it's moreso about Mandarin AIM and how Mandarin's reach knows no bounds. "Tony is left to his own devices", his own devices save him a number of times, including Jarvis knowing just what to do to help Rhodey and Pepper when he's in the middle of the country.

You have to remember a lot of my info comes from conceptual stages...
Ways things could be approached before they were finalized...
I know some of the general plans to include certain characters, but I fill in the specifics on my own. Which means I could be way off on purpose sometimes, while still circling the characters they wish to use.

Crossbones is a huge clue that they're looking for villains who've worked with the masters in the comics who can become part of the Masters later. Also some of the threats they/Zemo set up like Wonderman before he joins.

So I'm filling in the specifics on my own and making things more complex than they might be and sometimes showing alternative routes from what's actually planned. In this way I stay out of trouble, it looks like I'm speculating because anyone can bring up those characters and kind of link it to certain comic/comic portrayals... So instead of saying I know Simon Williams will be in CA2 I come up with a scenario based on the comics that includes some of the same characters. I.e. Zemo and Zola have a hand in what happens to Williams, Winter Soldier is good by the end of the movie, and helping Falcon, CA, Widow, Fury, and Shield take on Zola, AIM, and Simon Williams. While Zemo stays in the background. They may not need an actor for Zemo or certain other characters just yet.

Even Egghead has been a past master. So we could be looking at either him or Radioactive man in the Ant Man movie along with the first version of Ultron... I'm just going to say they might be leaning towards one over the other and don't get your hopes up to see Radioactive Man anymore. That was the plan, but there are contingency plans.
I'm combining it all to make it confusing for a purpose.

However, many characters/storylines are being amalgamated by Marvel.
Not as many as what I've written, but there are elements of Armor wars being mixed into this Extremis story we have here. No mixed characters in this movie, like Whiplash-Dynamo. Although we may see some familiar looking suits like the Titanium Man suit.

In CA 2 Living Laser may be amalgamated with parts of Simon Williams early story. In that movie they're combining Winter Soldier with some of Shield vs. AIM, Zola's robot body, and Zemo's creation of Wonderman. In this movie only Jarvis would really end up finding a little out about the extent of AIM's goals and they'd still be seen as a legitimate business afterwards until CA2. IN CA2 we start to find out they're Hydra.

In Thor 2 it's a little more complicated. That can go very many different ways and I won't be sure until I find out more. But it's obviously the Twilight arc that's being referenced on one side.

That's why Feige said it may be tough to predict what's going to happen. Things aren't going to happen exactly like the comics. But they are going to be amalgamating things from the comics in new ways. Sometimes to cover as many character references, or traits of that character as possible. Sometimes making Whiplash more like Crimson Dynamo, and Simon Williams a little like Living Laser at first.
We're entering the phase where things will be coming out of the woodwork more, and things like Selvig knowing Pym have been planned well in advance. Sometimes with backup plans in mind, and things are changed not to reference Pym at all by name in the first Thor.
Sometimes Radioactive Man is planned to be used, but the first actor falls through and this actor isn't going to be Radioactive Man anymore.
Meaning Egghead will likely be the villain in Ant Man. Some of the character's roles are designed to be interchangeable. The parts about Radioactive Man/Eggman in Ant Man can be quickly reworked to fit the overall plans.

to be fair... 90% of avengers villains have been on the Masters team in one form or another be it comics or television

and i HIGHLY doubt living laser will be on film ever... it'd be like spidey taking on Boomerang or IronMan facing Blizzard...

The "space" scene where Loki talks to the Other is actually going on within Loki's head which is why it looks like his head hurts after, and The Other is very powerful ancient being who can only work through people or with people...

wut?

I think they made it abundantly clear it was an astral projection.

wut?

isn't what he said the same thing as an astral prjection? like an out of body experience if i know that term correctly?

isn't what he said the same thing as an astral prjection? like an out of body experience if i know that term correctly?

I didn't get that from what he said ..... because again, more is going on then just some conversation in Loki's head. He actually travels to where The Other is via that astral projection.

wut?

I didn't get that from what he said ..... because again, more is going on then just some conversation in Loki's head. He actually travels to where The Other is via that astral projection.

I actually think that it wasn't an astral projection, but instead, a past moment that Loki was reliving. Remember that Hiddleston mentioned that we'd see where Loki had gone after he fell through the black hole, and that was the scene he was referring to.

IMHO that was not an astral projection. I thought so at first as well. But then I realized it was Loki recalling that moment before he arrived on Earth.

As for RDJ, I think Disney will make a big deal to get him to stay on for two Avengers sequels. Beyond that, we'll see.

IMHO that was not an astral projection. I thought so at first as well. But then I realized it was Loki recalling that moment before he arrived on Earth.

As for RDJ, I think Disney will make a big deal to get him to stay on for two Avengers sequels. Beyond that, we'll see.

It's definitely a projection. Look at the conversation he was having. The Other said the Chitauri were growing resltless, which points to the fact that their talk was happening as the events down on Earth were unfolding.

to be fair... 90% of avengers villains have been on the Masters team in one form or another be it comics or television

and i HIGHLY doubt living laser will be on film ever... it'd be like spidey taking on Boomerang or IronMan facing Blizzard...

Isn't Iron Man facing Whiplash much the same as Iron Man facing Blizzard? There's barely any difference in status between the two. In fact, the two of them usually appear together in Iron Man as part of a team of goons he singlehandedly beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"