Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleas stahp. These theories...even if they were true....would be horrible for the franchise...

@LokiDionysos, I understand you are trying to make sense of everything you believe to know, but this is not the comics where they have 100's of issues in which to tell a story or explain things. This is a movie or a connected series of movies with not a lot of screen time to get everything said and done, so these ideas you have whether they could possibly work or not on paper is not the issue, but rather if what you are suggesting is the best route for the characters and their franchises in the movies. So, with that said I think I speak for most people when I say that it would not be taking things in a good direction.

Surfer

Loki , you mean well but as said before your theories are a bit too elaborate for not only these films, but for theories in general. There's quite alot of wiggle room to be incorrect due to not really having any basis to these theories....

That being said, i do like the idea of AIM working in the background on trying to retrieve Skull. But... Not the time travel aspect......... A way into the asgardian realms (where skull is) would be far more probable

I was just thinking; though they may not talk too much about everything that happened in The Avengers, anyone else wonder if they'll at least mention Avengers Tower like progress on it or something?

I was just thinking; though they may not talk too much about everything that happened in The Avengers, anyone else wonder if they'll at least mention Avengers Tower like progress on it or something?

Well I don't know if they will mention the Avengers tower, but we do know they are not ignoring the events of the Avengers in the Iron Man 3 movie. An example of this is seen in the Iron Man 3 trailer when Tony states he is having trouble sleeping and dealing with the events of NY. Just how much connection Iron Man 3 will have with The Avengers or other Phase 2 projects at this point is anyone's guess, but I think Feige has said that they want the characters to stand alone again, so I wouldn't expect too much.

Surfer

heh Just had to stop in and say, My son really isn't an IM fan from the comics...over thanksgiving, I told him who the villian was Mandarin in IM3 and he laughed and pictured those Fruits with faces attacking Tony lol

and now, back to your previous assumptions ;)

I hope they do mention some Avengers stuff. Maybe give hints to Phase 2.

I'm sure the events of The Avengers won't be completely ignored. I'm guessing they still want to keep all of these movies tied together, but I wouldn't expect much more than we've previously seen with the Phase 1 films.

I hope they do mention some Avengers stuff. Maybe give hints to Phase 2.

What I hope for is an in-depth look at what happened in The Avengers and how it affected Tony emotionally and financially. The man had his home turned into Ground Zero for an alien invasion led by a psychotic pseudo-god, then nearly died flying a nuke through a wormhole to the other side of the universe. Those were terribly traumatic experiences that would naturally cause Tony to have PTSD (nightmares, inability to sleep, etc.). When I saw the trailer I was happy to see that those very important issues are being addressed, rather than glossed over and forgotten.

Another thing I'm curious about is what legal ramifications might have arisen from the invasion and the damages it caused. Stark Tower was the epicenter of the attack, even though Tony himself was not responsible for it. The victims of the attack might consider Stark and his company legally responsible, however, mistakenly blaming him for Loki's destructive actions. I wonder if the script will touch on that angle at all, the fact that some people might sue Stark for damages because he seemed connected to the cause because of the portal's location. That would only deepen the problems Tony faces this time around, and it would play into The Mandarin's plans.

What I hope for is an in-depth look at what happened in The Avengers and how it affected Tony emotionally and financially. The man had his home turned into Ground Zero for an alien invasion led by a psychotic pseudo-god, then nearly died flying a nuke through a wormhole to the other side of the universe. Those were terribly traumatic experiences that would naturally cause Tony to have PTSD (nightmares, inability to sleep, etc.). When I saw the trailer I was happy to see that those very important issues are being addressed, rather than glossed over and forgotten.

Another thing I'm curious about is what legal ramifications might have arisen from the invasion and the damages it caused. Stark Tower was the epicenter of the attack, even though Tony himself was not responsible for it. The victims of the attack might consider Stark and his company legally responsible, however, mistakenly blaming him for Loki's destructive actions. I wonder if the script will touch on that angle at all, the fact that some people might sue Stark for damages because he seemed connected to the cause because of the portal's location. That would only deepen the problems Tony faces this time around, and it would play into The Mandarin's plans.

I doubt "the people" in general would harbor any animosity towards Stark and the Avengers. The epilogue of the Avengers pretty well showed that they're all rockstars now, and the world loves 'em appropriately. It's only the bad ol' guvmint/military that's going to give Tony problems.

heh Just had to stop in and say, My son really isn't an IM fan from the comics...over thanksgiving, I told him who the villian was Mandarin in IM3 and he laughed and pictured those Fruits with faces attacking Tony lol

and now, back to your previous assumptions ;)

^Awesome haha

I doubt "the people" in general would harbor any animosity towards Stark and the Avengers. The epilogue of the Avengers pretty well showed that they're all rockstars now, and the world loves 'em appropriately. It's only the bad ol' guvmint/military that's going to give Tony problems.
What does Roger Wardell say it all means though?

Maybe the film will be made up of a lengthy court case on compensation :woot:

It wouldn't take every New Yorker filing suits to cause a massive headache for Tony. Knowing human nature, some would be bound to sue. If even a few major property owners laid claims for damages Tony could be tied up in litigation with heavy costs for legal fees. There would be insurance on the property, of course, but any insurer worth its salt would find a way to avoid paying out, leaving Stark with the financial burden. Black probably won't go with that, but if he did it could be part of The Mandarin's plot to destroy Tony.

Senator Whatsisface was making noises at the end of the movie about holding the team responsible for what happened. We've all seen how senate and congressional hearings can be used IRL to gin up all manner of problems for corporations. They had already been after Tony to give up the Iron Man armor before. Even though the Air Force has War Machine, they don't have Stark's schematics or his manufacturing process. The invasion could give the government another excuse to try and seize the whole shebang, once and for all.

It wouldn't take every New Yorker filing suits to cause a massive headache for Tony. Knowing human nature, some would be bound to sue. If even a few major property owners laid claims for damages Tony could be tied up in litigation with heavy costs for legal fees. There would be insurance on the property, of course, but any insurer worth its salt would find a way to avoid paying out, leaving Stark with the financial burden. Black probably won't go with that, but if he did it could be part of The Mandarin's plot to destroy Tony.

Senator Whatsisface was making noises at the end of the movie about holding the team responsible for what happened. We've all seen how senate and congressional hearings can be used IRL to gin up all manner of problems for corporations. They had already been after Tony to give up the Iron Man armor before. Even though the Air Force has War Machine, they don't have Stark's schematics or his manufacturing process. The invasion could give the government another excuse to try and seize the whole shebang, once and for all.

They want to mass produce his suit and make an army of Ironmen.

Yes, given the litigious nature of this country, there's no doubt that "in the real world," folks would be lining up to sue the Avengers for the Battle of Manhattan. But I strongly doubt Marvel Studios or audiences want to get bogged down in that level of boring courtroom drama. And from a screenwriting standpoint, I'd say that Stark Industries has enough legal resources to shoot those lawsuits down; plus Nick Fury has a vested interest in the Avengers, and would certainly bring all his considerable political power to bear in Tony's favor.

IM3 has enough on its plate already; let's not bring the lawyers in, too. ;)

Yes, given the litigious nature of this country, there's no doubt that "in the real world," folks would be lining up to sue the Avengers for the Battle of Manhattan. But I strongly doubt Marvel Studios or audiences want to get bogged down in that level of boring courtroom drama. And from a screenwriting standpoint, I'd say that Stark Industries has enough legal resources to shoot those lawsuits down; plus Nick Fury has a vested interest in the Avengers, and would certainly bring all his considerable political power to bear in Tony's favor.

Well that doesn't have to stop them from briefly mentioning the lawsuits on TV or something...Tony could be watching it on TV and turn it off or something like in IM2

Please no stories about lawsuits ...

If they're mentioned, I'll live, but I want an Iron Man movie not courtroom drama.

Speaking of Nick Fury, (from the SHH Homepage) he mentions that he will not be in Iron Man 3, nor will any of the other Avengers for that matter. However, that doesn't necessarilly mean he or any of the Avengers couldn't be referenced in the movie. So, I guess we will have to see. Link below.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...l-movie-is-captain-america-the-winter-soldier

Surfer

Please no stories about lawsuits ...

If they're mentioned, I'll live, but I want an Iron Man movie not courtroom drama.

Agreed. I mean the first two movies the small court room drama worked well because Tony was cocky and very sure of himself, and it was funny to watch him with his superior tech just owning and embarrassing the Senator in the court room. However, after the events of the Avengers we are left with a very different Tony Stark, one that almost seems broken to me and definitely not cocky unless he is using it as a facade. Almost, like I felt he was doing when he was cocky with Loki at Stark Tower. I felt he was really scared in that scene (with no armor and no defenses), but tryed to use his cockiness to play off the idea that he was scared and buy himself some time.
So, with this much darker type of movie I don't think the court room drama would work as well as it did in previous movies, not to mention it will start seeming somewhat repetitive and get boring. At least that is how I see it.

Surfer

It wouldn't take every New Yorker filing suits to cause a massive headache for Tony. Knowing human nature, some would be bound to sue. If even a few major property owners laid claims for damages Tony could be tied up in litigation with heavy costs for legal fees.

Senator Whatsisface was making noises at the end of the movie about holding the team responsible for what happened. We've all seen how senate and congressional hearings can be used IRL to gin up all manner of problems for corporations. They had already been after Tony to give up the Iron Man armor before.

THIS. This so much. I have long since had suspicions that it will at least be a plot point. IM movies are known for being the most realistic of the bunch, and the Congress storyline in IM2 was a brave move.

First of all, we see the birth of this in Avengers: people asking for accountability. And who is the ONLY Avenger the public knows, the one who happens to be a billionaire to boot? They cannot go after SHIELD or any incognito heroes, they can only go after Tony, it´s a pretty obvious move. I also suspect that this may be the reason SHIELD is not looking out for Tony: Fury would only be content to leave him to the public lions if it meant protecting SHIELD from the same ****.

Second of all, in order for Tony to truly be vulnerable in this movie, he would need to lose his public support and his money - the two things he has going for him strongly right now. As long as he has money, he can keep making new suits no matter how many time his mansion is attacked. Now, tie Stark Industries in some litigation (this does not mean to be on screen except in passing) and there you have it.

Thirdly, the guy has been through some serious stuff in previous movies, so I doubt he will suddenly develop PTSD from nuking some aliens when he did not develop a hint of it after being waterboarded by terrorists. Now, if we have the Avengers stuff, some public ****storm he has to weather alone instead of getting his team support and maybe Pepper getting on his case for making 47 armors in a row, then I can buy him having nightmares.

BTW, Tony losing his company (multiple times) is a recurrent storyline in the comics. I don´t see why people argue so vehemently against this, while supporting some pretty obscure characters and cameos.

The Mandarin isn't just some lackey for Guy Pierce's character, I hope? The comment about Kinglsey=Mouthpiece, Pierce=Brains, Other Guy=Muscle worried me.

THIS. This so much. I have long since had suspicions that it will at least be a plot point. IM movies are known for being the most realistic of the bunch, and the Congress storyline in IM2 was a brave move.

First of all, we see the birth of this in Avengers: people asking for accountability. And who is the ONLY Avenger the public knows, the one who happens to be a billionaire to boot? They cannot go after SHIELD or any incognito heroes, they can only go after Tony, it´s a pretty obvious move. I also suspect that this may be the reason SHIELD is not looking out for Tony: Fury would only be content to leave him to the public lions if it meant protecting SHIELD from the same ****.

Second of all, in order for Tony to truly be vulnerable in this movie, he would need to lose his public support and his money - the two things he has going for him strongly right now. As long as he has money, he can keep making new suits no matter how many time his mansion is attacked. Now, tie Stark Industries in some litigation (this does not mean to be on screen except in passing) and there you have it.

Thirdly, the guy has been through some serious stuff in previous movies, so I doubt he will suddenly develop PTSD from nuking some aliens when he did not develop a hint of it after being waterboarded by terrorists. Now, if we have the Avengers stuff, some public ****storm he has to weather alone instead of getting his team support and maybe Pepper getting on his case for making 47 armors in a row, then I can buy him having nightmares.

BTW, Tony losing his company (multiple times) is a recurrent storyline in the comics. I don´t see why people argue so vehemently against this, while supporting some pretty obscure characters and cameos.

Well the comment by Tony in the trailer regarding him having trouble sleeping states it relates to the events of NY., as well as another scene describes his concern about not being able to protect the one thing he cares about most (which appears to be Pepper).

Now, I have always taken it as he has seen all these new things (Aliens and Gods) and forces at work (The Tesseract) beyond the scope of what he thought he knew, and he is left trying to process all of this new information as well as being left with a feeling uneasyness as to whether his Iron Man suit is really enough to protect everything that matters to him. So, he is left with a lot of self doubt is the way I saw it.

Now, I am not against them using something quick on the television regarding people coming after him with law suits and it effecting his money, and I am okay if they even have Mandarin as somehow connected to it, but while it can be part of the major plot point (Tony being ruined in every way possible), I don't want another court scene or something that lasts several minutes. Once again for me the other court room scenes went well because of the humor, but I think with this movie being darker it won't go over as well if they do.

Surfer

Well he will be in Cap2....

Yeah, I know which is why I posted the same link over in the Captain America The Winter Soldier, News and Speculation thread. I just figured that with this being the Iron Man 3 Movie thread that I wouldn't bring things related to Captain America 2 into it, as he has his own thread.

Surfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"