The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Actually, most of us grew up knowing it as "MANN'S Chinese Theatre." That's the name it held from 1973-2001.

2. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

You know what? You're totally right and I never noticed that change, I just supposed 'Mann's' was a lazy way of abbreviate 'Grauman's'

3. cherokeesam

Yeah, it's only in recent years that it went back to Grauman's. I've been mightily confused by that for a couple of years now. :woot:

The only reason I was asking was that it sounds like this TCL company from China is investing heavily in product placement for IM3, and they just bought the Chinese Theatre, so I was surprised that TCL logos weren't all over the place in this set video.

4. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Graumans/Manns will still always be called such, until people die off... most people still refuse to call the Willis Tower anything but Sears Tower...

5. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

I noticed the Grauman's sign, too. Maybe they're going to add the TCL logos digitally in post.

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I wonder what is meant to be happening in the scene like if it's an attack or someone getting assassinated or if there will be an armored fight there.

7. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

[​IMG]

hehe the pic has been floating around FB I added the "patang" lol

8. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Looks like an old rumor just got a bump:

SOURCE

9. ThePowerCosmic

lol! What's the patan-- Ohh, you!

10. ThePowerCosmic

YES! Radioactive Man still has a chance!

11. cherokeesam

I don't think "Dr. Wu" is going to be Radioactive Man, or even Chen Lu. Has anyone heard of any more Chinese casting?

Also, MTV News expanded some more on Feige's interview quotes about IM3:

Pretty much closes the door once and for all on alien powered rings, for anybody still holding out hope for a Makluan connection.

12. ThePowerCosmic

Regardless who Radioactive Man ends up being, it's just cool he could be in this movie. That toy news is great.

13. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

i'm so curious to see how all these possible villians are going to pan out! Nothing but more anticipation on my side, I don't think this movie can let me down. I mean I still loved IM2 and didn't know ppl hated it til I started coming on these sites haha. Guess I'm easy to please.

14. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

fin fang foom is green

:p

15. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

a somewhat under the weather hulk is confirmed then. jokes.

16. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

he's been orange too

17. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

18. Repulsor Blast

The pale green guy with veins on his face could actually be coldblood when you think about it.

it is likely he will be an extremis-infected bad guy like mallen.

19. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

^ yeah, most likely. OR, maybe, Radioactive man IS an extremis infected bad guy :O

20. Repulsor Blast

I'm gonna stick to my guns and say it is coldblood. it is likely that he will be an amalgamation of eric savin and mallen, kind of like whiplash in iron man 2. iron man 3 has enough villains, so we should be careful to speculate that this pale green guy is a new one; radioactive man.

[​IMG]

that is mallen from armored adventures cartoon. fits the description pretty well i reckon.

21. Repulsor Blast

c b m dot com reported the vein aspect by the way: "a pale green bad guy with veins on his face"

i also dont think it is radioactive man because he is hardly pale green, and the asian actor rumored to play him has a different name to his alter ego in the comics (of course, both these points are hardly conclusive proof)

22. Repulsor Blast

with a mallen type bad guy, that leaves firepower, who we know is armored in the comics. i reckon firepower is the guy who at some point takes over the new iron patriot suit.

it would explain why we have had zero news on firepower to the point that people think he isn't even in the film anymore.

it would also explain the presence of the traditional war machine armor being featured in promotional art and toys etc.

23. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Maybe it's this guy:
    [​IMG]

24. LokiDionysos

LokiDionysos Eternal

Interesting, but I don't think it's Radioactive man.
    It very well could be--however this would be our first character using a fake name like that.
    Sterns makes more sense to me, but only because I know they want to use him again...eventually. However, even I don't believe the pale green guy is Sterns returning at this point. In the off chance Sterns is in this movie it's only the after credits. So Radioactive man does remain a possibility. Some of the stuff I've hinted about Pegg possibly playing Egghead in Ant Man could negate what was planned for Radioactive Man in that movie. I guess that doesn't mean he can't still be in this movie...
    When the name of the doctor changed I thought it wasn't him anymore.
    It very well could be, I just have to reassess a little if we'll actually be seeing Radioactive Man in action. Although, the toys could be altering things and he wouldn't be in full form or something. Maybe there's a flashback that shows when he was still active as a villain that will tie into Ant Man or something...

Since I have to guess--Extremis soldier Taggert who has different powers than Coldblood. Not an average extremis soldier, although we will see those. Something about the description reminds me of the stuff that was going on to Tony's chest before he got the cure. Like the greeness looks like part of the nanovirus that is consuming Taggert and running through his veins, giving him metal poisoning at the same time as turning him into the next generation of super soldier... And it wouldn't be Coldblood although he gets Extremis too. They would say if it was Coldblood. Wondering why no toy of him here, but it could be because a lot of what Coldblood does is separate from what the other characters are doing and dies halfway through when Rhodey gets the jump on him... Both Coldblood and Taggert would become victims of Mandarin's form of Extremis in different ways, and slightly different from what Stark is injected with & alters..

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  25. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

I'm surprised you don't know who it is, Loki... Along with how many scenes they're in and what the actor had for breakfast every day...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.