Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser spot is out officially now, And also this:

IRON3_BusShelter_Falling_v7.jpg

wow that poster really represents the movie. "The Fall of Tony Stark"

and finally a legitimate reason to have sparks on an action movie poster.

I LOVE when they finally let themselves release something different. Not only does the poster look great, but it also gives you enough to make you wonder what the hell is going to happen in this movie.
I always wish they could use this type of poster as final ones, and not the same 'heads floating in the background' over and over again.

Last edited:
Poster is simple, effective, and awesome.

I like the poster, it reminds me of a comic book cover.

Now that is a teaser poster.

Marvel have so many artists who produce great covers, so they ought to be able to produce a good poster for once that looks intriguing.

one at a time my friend lol...but yeah if they are following IM3 pattern then its gonna be stellar..
Yeah, I know lol. Just saying, they weren't this good in Phase 1 and Thor's suffered because of that imo. But yeah, can't wait for IM3. :woot:

I like the poster, it reminds me of a comic book cover.

I think some of the best comic book covers do a great job of representing the overall theme of the story within (i.e.-- The front cover of "The Death of Superman" having a torn Superman cape as a flag blowing in the wind), and this poster is no different.

Tony Stark, literally and figuratively, is free-falling uncontrollably on a downward spiral, with nothing but his wits to help him.

^Or something a little more....extreme.

:o

Reaching is really an understatement. But we can all play at this game if we adopt that kind of warped logic.

I suggest that all these clues lead to Jessica Jones. Here's why: Galactus is on those covers. He wears mostly purple, as does Thanos. Who else wears purple? The Purple Man. The Purple Man controlled Tony Stark in that A:EMH episode "Emperor Stark" and he'll probably show up at the end of IM3. Purple Man also controlled Jessica Jones when she was first a superhero.

That hand symbol in the first clue wasn't a diamond pointing to Vision. Rather, a diamond is a precious jewel, and Jessica's superhero name was Jewel. As Jewel, she also fought the Avengers under the control of the Purple Man, but was defeated by them. Later on, Jean Grey, who also appears on those comic covers, gave Jessica a psychic link to prevent her being controlled by him again.

Jessica Jones also ties into Spider-Man. She was born Jessica Campbell, and was at the same high school when Peter Parker was bitten by the spider. She also had a crush on Johnny Storm - tying further into the Fantastic Four. She was later in a car accident with her parents and they collided with a military convoy - hence the military motif in the 2nd clue. She ended up in a coma but the rest of her family were killed. When she finally awoke, it was because of the first coming of Galactus and the Silver Surfer.

So all these previous clues and the comic covers tie into Jessica. Marvel were also planning a TV series AKA Jessica Jones before they began working on SHIELD.

But maybe I'm reaching here.

:cwink:

excuse me for having a little fun and playing around with what we got lol :p

and on a side note, everything you said here is a legitimate 100% possibility ;D

What? No.
That "skyline" is Miami.

u sure? looks like santa monica, century city, Hollywood, and down town LA groupings of buildings to me.

EDIT:

ah never mind, my bad. i didn't see the water in the foreground too.. just background

That is a fantastic teaser poster. I love how they're using art for this now instead of the usual photoshopped garbage.

love the poster. :) Wow.
Anyone have a link to the teaser? Everywhere i go it says it was removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88