The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

cause the stuff he was posting was A LOT of speculation onn his part. He THOUGHT it was wasp.

cause I asked him, and dug into him. and a lot of his "knowing" is speculation based on the small concepts he seems to know.

Look, all I know is that he told me via PM like last week, that if she wasn't wasp, then she will be Bethany Cabe, but he did make it clear that he really thought it was wasp, so he assumed wrong. But he did mention that if it wasn't wasp, it would be cabe.

2. DOOZlovesBOOZ

DOOZlovesBOOZ Well-Known Member

Well I guess it will be Monday before people on the east coast get this supposed scoop. He just said 9 pm PST is when he plans to announce. GRRRR

This is getting a little too melodramatic!

3. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I dunno. That just seems incredibly convoluted and I really struggle to find the logic in that and why you believe him.

4. jaqua99

yah, well I sub'd to him, so hopefully it comes in the email. if I get it before hand, I will let you guys know :D

5. eddy

eddy Make Mine Marvel

Yup. Lets hope they don't win the B.O. too in May.

6. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

so if no radioactive man then my theory about the pale green guy being eric savin as a mix between mallen and coldblood seems all the stronger.

what do people think of the new suit. we finally got a good look at it in action in the tv spot. i still prefer the red and gold, but i think this almost "bone" colour has a thematic edge to it; tony being infected with a virus, being stripped bare (bare bones) etc.

7. eddy

eddy Make Mine Marvel

Then why did they spend 4 million dollars on a ad if they didn't care if anyone liked it?

8. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

There's a line between being vague to milk suspense and hiding the fact that you don't know anything.

9. DOOZlovesBOOZ

DOOZlovesBOOZ Well-Known Member

Thanks pal!

10. jaqua99

well that's my problem now then, isn't it? lol

11. neevnav

neevnav Well-Known Member

They didn't. Spots later in the game cost less. They did for Lone Ranger.

Also why they only bought a 30 second spot for IM3 and a 90 second spot for Lone Ranger.

12. ThePowerCosmic

He just said on twitter that he's going to send the video blog revealing the big scoop at 9 pm PST, but he's going to send it to his subscribers a few minutes early.

13. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

If that's how you see it. lol I'm not trying to have a dig at you, just an honest assessment.

14. ThePowerCosmic

Mayimbe also says that Marvel will deny his scoop like crazy when he releases it, saying it's false information. He says that if Abrams can lie, so can Marvel.

15. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

The Lone Ranger sponsored the whole pre-game show.

16. jaqua99

I hope it's something worth signifance. I am totally on board with the whole adam warlock thing. I think that would be great.

17. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

So he made educated guesses, was mainly wrong and this news still somehow verifies something he said?

Wasn't there always speculation regarding Bethany Cabe being involved? What has this guy ACTUALLY said that gives the indication of any actual inside knowledge?

Also, has he ever indicated when he spoke to his supposed sources? Because if it was anytime recently, for the source to not know which 'direction they were going with' reeks of BS. As if they wouldn't have known which characters were involved in their movie prior to even casting whats-her-name.

18. jaqua99

no, I know lol. I am saying, that if he is full of ****, it's my problem for believing him lol

19. ThePowerCosmic

He has to release it now. He's already committed to telling his subscribers and other people on twitter that he'll be releasing it soon. I think it's going to be something big.

20. eddy

eddy Make Mine Marvel

Watch him post a bunch of nothing.

21. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

There's a lot of spoilerific stuff in there. Including things I guessed at a long time ago, including the fact that Szostak ain't Wasp. But if the guy's on the level, then I also guessed right about the role of Firepower (Ashley Hamilton). And Rescue.

22. ThePowerCosmic

Here's more on that with a quote:

He also says
    that the Hulkbuster suit is seen as a prototype in a garage, or something like that.

Here's an interesting point he made:

23. jaqua99

he told me his source saw early concepts for multiple routes. not too recently. his deal, of the concepts he "knows" he speculates from there.

I mean, he DID tell me that if she didn't play wasp, she would be playing Bethany Cabe. He told me that a week ago, and now it appears she was playing cabe. Maybe it was a lucky guess? idk, and not sure about if there was speculation for her, could have been

24. LokiDionysos

LokiDionysos Eternal

I'm very inclined to believe this does shut down the radioactive man and wasp rumors... I did recently hint to Jaqua that's the only other possible option for who she is that I've heard... But Tony won't know who she is at first because he hasn't had a relationship with her yet... You know how I've been saying there's alternate versions of what they wanted to go with? Well, Cabe has been in discussions. And I'm not so sure about Happy being the one who dies anymore... it's one of two characters who dies. But at different times, in different general ideas. And it sort of narrows it down a lot if this test screening info is true...

BTW Jaqua is right I did tell a little more than I normally do over PM.

In some of my long ass posts and to Cherokee I've hinted that Bethany Cabe is the only other option it could be that I know of... Not that there were never plans for Justine Hammer but if there were I never became aware of them. But there have always been some loose plans for Cabe. At one point, though a lot more was looked at being included in IM3. Some of those things might be there and hidden like roadsigns and not apparent the first time you see the movie like Feige said.

I assumed she was Wasp, as I've hinted part of her charater has tony not knowing who she is at first. I figured there was no big reason to cover up Bethany Cabe. If it is her it's covering up the fact that Tony hasn't become romantically involved with her yet, probably won't in this movie, but may after doing a little grieving and it's covering up a larger spoiler. The opposite/alternate angle of who dies instead of Happy...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  25. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

So can Mayimbe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.