The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

*ding ding ding* we have a winner!

2. sabetoonth

sabetoonth Where You Get Those Eyes?

Usually I think pun's are pretty stupid. But I've almost dropped the laptop more than once laughing at these.

Though I do wonder with no limbs...is it armor is are we left with a stumpor?

3. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

Hmm...we haven't pegged it yet...

4. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

High-tech prosthesis indeed.

5. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Depending on how he does, I'd say just to bring back Shane Black if all signs are accurate on him pulling this off.

Yeah, I'm thinking they'll get him to sign on for two more films, most likely in the form of Avengers sequels. With maybe an option for a third in the form of a possible IM4.

6. LokiDionysos

LokiDionysos Eternal

That's one of the things I'm guessing at. All I know is the doctor is involved with nuclear medicine, whether or not he's Radiaoactive Man.

In other news, this interview that just came out with Feige is particularly relevant to what I was talking about.
    Some things might be planted in IM3 but it's still more of a standalone so most things that are there will be in disguise or less noticeable.

In other words I really don't think Radioactive Man will appear as Radioactive Man in the film. But he could be in it, and we're not supposed to know yet. Even after the movie we might not find out it was actually him until Ant Man... That could be the same for a lot of things hidden in this movie that I was hinting at before.

Note: This is from an article on the site that shall not be named so I haven't included the link. But it completely has to do with some of the stuff I've been saying about them being "part of a bigger world, they just don't know it yet". If Radioactive man is in this movie and that's the plan they're going with--then the characters in the movie and the general audience won't know it's him. However, the 7 pieces Feige says will be in Avengers 2 has made me see the plans they're going with a little more clearly.

“It's still early days, but I told [Joss Whedon] after reading the first sketch outline he delivered — and there's a lot of work still to do, he has to sit down and turn this into a movie — but there are already seven things in there that are worth the price of admission alone.” Evidently unable to reveal them, Feige says those seven elements wouldn't be understood until the first forthcoming Phase Two movies are released. “I would say that the exercise of [Iron Man 3] is very much standalone, more so than any 'Iron Man' film since the first one. But because we are in Phase Two and we're heading towards another 'Avengers' movie, there's certainly a road that's being paved — you just might not notice it,” Feige said of how many ‘Avengers’ nods we'll see in the first Phase Two entry. “While you're driving on the road, not knowing where it's going, you might not realize that there are road signs and signals and lane changes that we're setting up now — they might not be not be readily apparent the first time you see the movie.”

7. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Ultron?

8. LokiDionysos

LokiDionysos Eternal

I think it's looking more likely that some of the other characters they're setting up will return and we could see the introduction of a few more of the masters. However, we could see the ones that live all end up in the same prison Sterns is being held in. We have Crossbones, and possibly Zemo. Even Zola can be considered a master in some ways. Then Simon Williams might come into it. Add Mandarin to that if he survives. Radioactive Man. And Enchantress/Executioner or Loki having some part in it. Then we have abomination and Sterns locked up. Sterns might become "The Leader" but I don't think he's in this movie. Zola wants to get Red Skull back. I'm still unsure about Ultron but looking less and less likely that he's with AIM right now, in this movie at least. And if he is there will be very little hints that he is. That's what I was getting at. I think they're going even more standalone with this one while still including some of the elements they wanted to work in and CA2 will do a lot of the heavy lifting. That could mean no Ultron for a while... but I wouldn't rule him out as a factor in Avengers 2 just yet. TBH I'm referring to Szostak's character in the other post. It could be she was always intended to be this character and she may or may not still be. Going back to the schrodinger's cat thing. Her character in the movie has to hide her identity for some purpose we're not told yet. And her true character may be the only thing that's obviously connected to Avengers 2. I'll admit she could also be Bethany Cabe or possibly Justine Hammer, tho Cabe has some ways she can go.

It would make sense with why they need Falcon and a number of others there too because there could be more than two main threats + Thanos. This wouldn't be the full masters of evil team yet, this may be about the jailbreak scenario I was talking about. Either Thanos or Ultron could be the one who frees some of the recently captured villains. some of the proto masters and even Sterns himself may have to help Banner and the Avengers stop Thanos.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  9. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

So..... I guess we can say go ahead and say the Deep Space armor is confirmed for the film.

Seeing how this is one of a few times its popped up in the merchandising for IM3, I'd even go as far as to say it will be featured somewhat heavily. Perhaps before the rumored ending.

http://tinyurl.com/auxuyjh

[​IMG]

10. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

why is it sleeping?

11. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

I think that as well. The closing scenes of the film will likely reveal the all-new Hall of Armor. Something like this in the Avengers Stark Tower would be incredible. I could also see it featuring heavily in The Avengers sequel, which, once again, makes me think GOTG will make an appearance.

[​IMG]

12. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

Rumored ending?

13. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Yes, I would love to see something like that on film one day, maybe with some kind of "vending" system in case any are needed.

14. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Odds are we'll get a shot of his huge hall of armors BEFORE the end of IM3.

Seeing as how rumors has it he uses his entire collection in the final battle, according to multiple sources.

The other 40 armors he's built between IM2 and now and presumably his backups of the first 7 (w/ the exception of Mk I).

15. Repulsor Blast

i guess tony wanted an armor that could go survive in space after his trip through the portal in the avengers.

16. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

For those who haven't seen it, here's Hasbro's take on the 'Deep Space Suit.' It's from their first wave of 3.75" Iron Assemblers. In addition to IM, WM, and IP, there was a suit Hasbro called "Gunmetal"

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Repulsor Blast

they look so ugly.

18. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Cant wait! Ahhhhhhh

19. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

most rumors are like 50% true and false, i think Stark will use parts of the armors rather than use all of them....

20. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

"Gunmetal" looks like Stealth armor.

That Deep Space armor makes me think (dread) that Iron Man *will* have a cameo in GOTG now. ("Astronut Tony" is now officially a member of the latest incarnation of the Guardians of the Galaxy in the most recent comics.)

In other news: for those who haven't seen Feige's latest comments about IM3, Avengers 2, and Phase II in general, here's a few excerpts from MTV's interview with him:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/24/avengers-2-kevin-feige-joss-whedon/

I found this paragraph particularly interesting:

I'd say that Tony Stark has become paranoid after the events of the Avengers. There's already hints of that in the dialogue from the trailer ("everybody wants to kill me;" "how am I supposed to protect the one thing I can't live without?"), and it certainly looks like he goes on a building spree, trying to create an armor suit for every conceivable situation he might find himself in. You know, just like the "real" Tony Stark.

I'm wondering if that paranoia will drive him to invest heavily in the Avengers as well, in an all-out recruiting drive to muster all the superheroes he can to bulk up the team for the next global/interplanetary crisis. Which, again, sounds like comic book Tony, at least from the "Initiative" era.

Could be that Stark is the driving force behind Phase II, as Nick Fury was the driving force behind Phase I.

21. LokiDionysos

LokiDionysos Eternal

That one is important for sure. It's all about Tony. The way some of the secret characters could be revealed at the very end or upon second viewing has me really interested though. That quote showed me it will for sure be a standalone... Or seem like a standalone until the very end. I really hope Tony doesn't show up in GoTG, I think there's ways The Other and Thanos will connect that to the rest through Thor 2. This other quote before that one is exactly what I've been saying about certain characters only being teased, not revealed, or not "readily apparent".

"I would say that the exercise of this film is very much standalone, more so than any 'Iron Man' film since the first one. But because we are in Phase Two and we're heading towards another 'Avengers' movie, there's certainly a road that's being paved — you just might not notice it," he said regarding how much "Avengers" teasing we'll see in the "Iron Man" threequel. "While you're driving on the road, not knowing where it's going, you might not realize that there are road signs and signals and lane changes that we're setting up now — they might not be readily apparent the first time you see the movie."

I think Tony will definitely be a driving force against AIM.
    But I also think many of the masters of evil are already working with AIM, part of a bigger world, we just don't know it yet. "Shield has many enemies".

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  22. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

this is like ridiculous, just think about all this. These things have gone WAY beyond be excited for simply a movie. Like, the MCU has gone way beyond being A MOVIE, and a SEQUEL, it's literally like an on going story, its not like..I cant wait for that movie to come out. It's like, I can't wait what comes next, and what will happen because of that, and what will happen here to bring the avengers together again. It's geniusly done, and In my opinion, the MCU has gone far beyond being JUST MARVEL movies, like spiderman 1 2 3, or movies like, batman 1 2 3, I think it is at the point where Marvel has simply has created another "alternate universe". We have marvel's 616 universe, we have their ultimates universe, we have their zombie's universe, and now, we have a film on screen universe that has canonality (if that's a word)

essentially, my mind is blown, and I am amazed with what they have done. Sorry to bring this up, but it finally hit me. a lot of people really don't understand what marvel is doing there and how big it is and how unprecidented it is..what they are doing right now is flat out amazing, no film studios have done anything like this

23. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

lol as a frito, yes. lol

24. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Who's set up is that?

25. RaZaTrOn

RaZaTrOn Well-Known Member

The Iron Man 3 movie is coming in just three months! Hot Toys is excited to present the 1/6th scale Tony Stark Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from this highly anticipated Iron Man 3 movie.

The movie-accurate Tony Stark collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as the genius billionaire Tony Stark in his workshop in the movie, highlighting the newly developed head sculpt, newly sculpted advanced body with light-up chest light and highly detailed accessories.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.