The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZaTrOn

RaZaTrOn Well-Known Member

2. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

That does look awesome. Will we be able to fully suit him up or is it just those couple of pieces of armour shown that's going to be attachable to simulate the scene from the movie? I think it would be cool if we had a Hot Toys Tony Stark/Iron Man you could fully assemble his armour around him.

3. RaZaTrOn

RaZaTrOn Well-Known Member

Couple of pieces, the logistics behind armouring him up completely would be a nightmare and no doubt very expensive to buy. Maybe one day though. The majority of those pieces you see are just connectable parts like the feet and hands just replace the Tony Stark feet and hands, I assume the lower leg piece slides on and the foot keeps it in place.

It's such a nice looking figure.

4. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I half expected it would something like that.

5. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

As nice as them toys are they are far too expensive for any normal person to buy.

6. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

amazing detail!

7. ctsketch

Yes! I'm as excited to see how this movie fits in the MCU as I am for the movie itself!

8. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

Found more promo art...once again teasing that dream Hall of Armor. There's also some mystery figures in the back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ctsketch

I'm not at all surprised that Tony would get paranoid since Avengers and build a **** ton of armors

10. kaijunexus

kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

So, with the Deep Space suit bobble head and this promotional artwork, I think it's safe to say that we are definitely getting dozens of unique, individual armors in this film...and not a bunch of Mark XLII clones like some suspected.

11. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Are there that many Iron Man toys out already? These all look in the same scale as well. Are they Legends or Marvel Universe?

These are great as always. I don't think the likeness on this model is quite there though. I think there have been other Hot Toys Tony Starks that have looked more spot on.

12. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I'm wondering if those silhouettes of the other armours are some of Tony's new armours or what the bad guys might look like.

13. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

So from what we know I guess we can roughly map out the film:

-Starts out with Tony still paranoid after what happened in The Avengers which leads to him wanting to always be close to his suits
    -As a result of this, he undergoes the Extremis surgery at AIM which allows him to mentally control his armor from a distance
    -Meanwhile, The Mandarin is planning to shock the world after the actions of the Avengers and Aldrich gives Maya's formula to him.
    -Mandarin launches a terrorist attack that kills Happy Hogan and puts the public in fear.
    -Rhodes decides to become Iron Patriot to give the country hope and boost morale (like Tony in the Ultimate universe)
    -I'm a little stumped on when th AF1 scene takes place since it's after Rhodes becomes IP but let's say Tony's house is blown up before it and he makes his return during it.
    -While stranded with only his brain to help him, Tony figures something out that leads to him controlling the 40 armors.
    -Tony comes back and fights an army of the Mandarin's Extremis powered goons with his suits and IP

Well that's a rough outline. It seems like they're packing this movie though. We're getting new, confusing news everyday with the deep space armor, Radioactove Man, and Janet.

14. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I'm pretty sure Janet and Radioactive Man are red herrings meant to intentionally mislead you from the truth which shall set you free. The Deep Space armor might not actually get used in the film, other than just being one of the 47 or whatever armors in Tony's arsenal.

Otherwise, I pretty much agree with everything in your outline. I'm not exactly sure that Rhodey volunteers to be IP, though; rather, I think it's a publicity/propaganda stunt developed by the US military (just as they did for Captain America during WWII), and Rhodey becomes the guinea pig by default.

15. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Marvel doesn't usually use toy lines to mislead people especially when they're as obscure as the ones that point to Radioactive Man. Feige already said IM3 would lay ground work for A2 that some people won't notice until afterwards, I believe that includes the introduction of certain characters. And I don't think they'd use important characters that don't exist in their universe yet as red herrings not to mention the Janet thing didn't even come out of Marvel. And given how much attention the DS armor is getting in toy lines I just feel like it will be one of the more featured armors and will have some significant use in the film. It would make sense for Tony to build one anyway after what happened in Avengers.

16. ThePowerCosmic

I don't know how you're sure about Radioactive Man. I'd say the chances of him appearing in IM3 are 50/50 like you mentioned in another post, I think.

17. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

I'm real curious about this comment. So we won't realize what certain things mean in IM3 until after we've seen Avengers 2? In regards to setups and little things in Iron Man.

18. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

When they say stuff like that, I assume they mean thematically. I don't think we'll be getting any story ground work for A2 in IM3, just a set up for the tone. Just like IM1's tone was largely similar to the Avengers.

19. GRangerPrimeNYC

GRangerPrimeNYC AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I don't think Iron Man's tone was similar to The Avengers at all.....

20. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

you are ABSOLUTELY incorrect about that.... and for a HUGE action figure collector like myself for a very long time, you sir are completely incorrect.

-IM2 movie figure waves not only included armors that will never be on screen... but also included Crimson Dynamo, and Titanium Man (Titanium Man also had a figure during the IM1 toyline)

-The Avengers Movie line also included Skrulls, and Ultimate versions of Thor and Hawkeye

-The Amazing Spider-Man line included the New Ultimate Spider-Man (Morales)

-The Spider-Man 3 movie line also included Green Goblin and Doc Ock

-The Fantastic Four movie toy lines included Doom Bots and Annihilus

-The Incredible Hulk movie line also included Bi-Beast and IronClad

and to top it all off... the IRON MAN 3 6inch line so far is including all comic armors (ditko ironman, Norman Osborn (iron Patriot), Iron Monger, and Bleeding Edge Armor Iron Man)

.... so yeah, rethink that statement.

21. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Marvel Universe

22. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

talk to LokiD some of the stuff he was saying is starting to make sense lol

23. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

Ok. I'll do a search for some of his old posts.

24. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

lol i was sorta kidding, yyou MAY not wanna do that, they are kinda long

25. Figs

Figs Well-Known Member

Just realized that hahaha. I read a few of his short posts though. The little he said has peaked my interest in Stark's surgery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.