The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

I don't trust certain sites and 4Chan/and its users are one of them.
    Loki flip-flops all over and his essays just seem like an erratic rant at times trying to tie together one little piece of info into all the Phase 2 ... 3 ... 4 films.

I'm all for a spoiler, I mostly hate surprises, but if you can't really back it up with a good real source or clear details, that don't change after a week or 2, then I just think its BS and another person wanting attention.

2. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

LokiD is up to Phase 6 films now. jk LOL

3. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

rhodey train tony in aerial combat? he seems to be very good at it to me (watch iron man 2 and the avengers)

if anything, tony could benefit from close quarters combat from what we saw of him vs. thor. and even then he did pretty well for himself.

rdj is a martial arts enthusiast, and he's brought that aspect of himself to tony stark. i know tony is a noob at hand-to-hand in the comics, but in these movies he's done well for himself i believe.

now captain america on the other hand; he has shown next to nothing in the way of martial arts prowess. he never got trained in them in the first avenger. and in the avengers, we see him boxing (a missed opportunity to see him learning judo or something) and then in his action scenes he does the same basic attacks as in the first avenger.

Cap, in the mcu, is an inferior martial artist to both his comic book counter part, as well as to iron man himself.

He needs to get some training in by the time cap 2 hits to say the least

4. Matarreyes

Matarreyes Well-Known Member

Unless you tell me you have seen the entirety of the stunt AND its digital postproduction, this tells me exactly zero about how things will end up looking on screen.

5. Repulsor Blast

yeah, cos them shooting a stunt that ends up being completely different on screen makes perfect sense.

how can photographic and video evidence equate to exactly zero? if that is the case why speculate at all? can we know anything? is iron man even in the movie? i saw the trailer, and it looks like he is in there, but im yet to see the actual movie, so i guess there is an exactly zero chance anyone can be sure that iron man 3 features iron man.

6. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

What? I can't voice my opinion on LokiD's ramblings? No, go ahead. Tell me why I'm wrong.

Edit: By the way, I'm not trying to pick on you or anyone who believes LokiD. The first time I even said anything about his posts was in one exchange with you that seemed amicable enough. But I offer another honest opinion not attributed or aimed at anyone about him and you feel the need to hang off a comment that's the equivalent of :whatever:. I don't see the need for that.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  7. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

Repulsor, what in hell are you babbling on about?!

Lay off the sugar.

8. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

Probably because mostly everything Loki posts is BS

9. Matarreyes

Matarreyes Well-Known Member

Sorry, I cut the test of your... post.

One question, though. Are you familiar wih the concept of wide establishing shots (shot outside with real background) and close follow ups (shot indoors with screens)? Also, do you truly imagine that people will save themselves HOLDING HANDS? Wouldn't you rather ( after gathering them all into a circle for better management) make them grab onto each other's mid sections (as an example), where they can use belts, and the strength of their entire arms as opposed to only fingers? Resulting in a tighter, ball-like heap? Made in post- production? No? OK then, lets go with hand- holding.

10. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

I'm starting to waiver a bit on his posts but I'm not losing faith yet I suppose, regardless I like the storylines he comes up with. They should hire him as an idea writer haha.

that made me lol, here's hoping we get 6 phases! So I can enjoy the marvel cinematic universe continuity for 30+ years

11. Repulsor Blast

it's not about what i'd rather see. i prefer your idea that you came up with. i'm just going by what we've seen. i was never attacking your idea, i just saw it as somewhat of a moot point.

12. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

:wow: NO! Hell no! I've got a better read out of anything Bendis or Fraction wrote and I hate those two fracking hacks. Seriously, his fan fics are almost as bad as the nonsense elmayimbe tried to sell as scoop yesterday

13. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

his stories would be awful, convoluted and overly complex! No thanks!

14. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

15. mkilban2

haha not a comic reader, but I thought the stuff he's been saying is pretty cool. Guess i'll just be quiet now hehe

16. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Cap had extensive military training when he joined the Super Soldier program. Conceivably more than your average GI. And that was when he was still a 98-pound weakling. Then he had about 2.5 years of real-time combat experience in the biggest war the world has ever known; and the fact that he spends a lot of time in the gym indicates he's always training and staying in shape.

Of all the MCU superheroes shown thus far, Cap is the one with the best resume when it comes to combat and small unit tactics. Natasha might arguably have better martial arts skills than him, but his super-'roids means that he could beat her to a pulp.

TL/DR: Cap don't need no more training. He's already a Super Soldier. Keyword: soldier.

17. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

18. ThePowerCosmic

Really, Mandarin? Fortune Cookies?

19. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

It just reinforces Mandarin's role as a poser. He's not the real deal; he's just a wannabe.

20. ThePowerCosmic

Right? Talk about stereotypical.

21. Ultra Nolanite

Ultra Nolanite Well-Known Member

Every time they show the mandarins hands/rings something explodes. He is causing it using Extremis.

22. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah I was just hoping for more, I let myself expect more, I usually set my expectaions lower lol for trailers seeing as it IS a trailer not the film, but, still I'm not sure what they have in the trailer would make the average film goer want to SEE the film.

23. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

gift from Happy? lol Hogun is laying on the ground at one point lol

24. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  25. mkilban2

thanks irish!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.