Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but will we ever see Iron Man with his roller skates in the MCU? Probably not. Don't know who came up with that idea - Lee, Kirby, Heck? - but seeing IM skating around Manhattan was about the stupidest upgrade ever! Lol :)

JAK®;25134155 said:
Judging by the blood on his cheek, the make-up team probably made sure Tony looked more harrowed to suit the mood.

exactly what I am thinking. Cause he looks good

Off topic, but will we ever see Iron Man with his roller skates in the MCU? Probably not. Don't know who came up with that idea - Lee, Kirby, Heck? - but seeing IM skating around Manhattan was about the stupidest upgrade ever! Lol :)

lol somehow I doubt it

Are you kidding? I have an inside source that says that will be the opening sequence :oldrazz:

tumblr_mhozmcduOp1rvufhzo1_250.gif
tumblr_mhozmcduOp1rvufhzo2_250.gif

tumblr_mhozmcduOp1rvufhzo3_250.gif
tumblr_mhozmcduOp1rvufhzo4_250.gif

Nice job man, that is pretty sweet. Interesting to see the color variations between the shots.

Hey, did anyone else notice in the spot that he flies out of AF1 as if he'd been inside the plane? Think there may be anything there?

Hey, did anyone else notice in the spot that he flies out of AF1 as if he'd been inside the plane? Think there may be anything there?

In the first trailer you can see Tony punching from outside into the plane. So that's probably the way he gets in.

He does look a lot older than he was even in the Avengers... huh.
Guy's been through a lot of stress lately since the invasion, and we know how stress can contribute to the graying of hair.

The Avengers one is my favorite, it had more personality to me(the "Right... Army." part when his hud switches from blue to red as his suit enters Battle Mode.), and is the best looking one so far imo.

I do have a bit of wonder over how that happened, did it happen at will or did he do or say something to activate the switch? Or just JARVIS being pro-active? Thinking about it right now was probably JARVIS

I agree. How can Tony keep an eye on all those statistics. Some text is bordering on microscopic

GTiP6E4.jpg

The text expands when Tony looks at it. It's only small before then so it can all fit in the hud. Plus, it's easier for Tony to keep up with all the statistics because his mind operates faster than most and Jarvis also assists him.

I could imagine RDJ's Stark making a quick witted reply

"Uh it's called multitasking?"

We need a thread where we come up with our own witty Stark replies

Cap had extensive military training when he joined the Super Soldier program. Conceivably more than your average GI. And that was when he was still a 98-pound weakling. Then he had about 2.5 years of real-time combat experience in the biggest war the world has ever known; and the fact that he spends a lot of time in the gym indicates he's always training and staying in shape.

Of all the MCU superheroes shown thus far, Cap is the one with the best resume when it comes to combat and small unit tactics. Natasha might arguably have better martial arts skills than him, but his super-'roids means that he could beat her to a pulp.

TL/DR: Cap don't need no more training. He's already a Super Soldier. Keyword: soldier.

I'm just going by what we see on screen. He had no more than a few days training before the serum was injected into him. From there, he became a propaganda tool, before breaking away and relying on his natural talents to become the "proper" captain america. From there, he got his shield and went about destroying red skull's facilities. I don't see where he got any martial arts training in, in that time. If he did get some, we didn't see him use any in the first avenger. Then he gets frozen and wakes up and i think the avengers takes place shortly after the end of TFA, so he hardly could have gotten proficient in any martial arts; assuming he even started training in them.

Cap's hand to hand abilities are what make him such a threat despite not technically having super powers. From where I stand, it is this aspect of his character that has been largely ignored in the two films he has been in. I am hoping he trains in shield hand-to-hand or something like that in the interim between the avengers and the winter soldier. It would be a nice change of pace from the other marvel movies to have a straight up martial arts fight.

good god it took me half a day to catch up on everything I missed. Lots of interesting reads though. Looking forward to the movie

I could imagine RDJ's Stark making a quick witted reply

"Uh it's called multitasking?"

We need a thread where we come up with our own witty Stark replies
I should imagine there would be some very bad ones conjured :o

Yeah, it's called any caption thread EVER.

Didn't the roller skates charge up his armor, though? I might be misremembering that. Skates would be better than using a plug.

tumblr_matw6h64CX1qiwcbgo1_500.jpg

I assume "Operation Wine Cellar" is the new Hall of Armor we want to see...

tumblr_mht3zs9Fss1qajc4eo1_1280.jpg

Oh, I thought that was the last page. I haven't read it yet, just seeing what's on Tumblr. Is what's on the next page contradicting the 'Cellar-Hall of armor' theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"