Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drawing a logical conclusion from a specific scenario is hyperbole now? And Tony's "shrieking secretary flying around blasting aliens on the front lines" threatening to ruin the entire film isn't?

No, suggesting that any other conclusion is out of the question because you personally find it absurd is hyperbole. And I'm not arguing for her to even be in the suit and fight, so I don't know why you're directing that on at me.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Rescue in the movie, as long as she isn't pulling an Obidiah Stane? :confused:

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Rescue in the movie, as long as she isn't pulling an Obidiah Stane? :confused:

Do you mean evil or dying? :oldrazz:

Honestly, you're not the only one who likes the idea. A few of us are arguing over the points of it, so naturally some would agree with you. [BLACKOUT]I don't however. Get out. :oldrazz: [/BLACKOUT]j/k

:funny:

I meant knowing how to operate the suit the first time she puts it on, despite Tony needing weeks of research and trial+error. :oldrazz:

Just because Pepper is a strong woman doesn't mean she can take a missle to the face.
sorry, but that argument is dumb.

I can see why people dont want Pepper to be in the rescue armor, it could be campy if done poorly..
but like everyone else said, I could definitely see Tony launching the armor to take her to safety
It's what I'd do if I had billions of dollars, advanced technology, and well-funded enemies.

or hell, maybe that extremis infected suit we saw staring at pepper in bed may kidnap her for the mandarin
only time'll tell
Thankyou sir. An unpowered female needing to be rescued does not mean that they are not a strong character. Lets drop it

I kinda feel you calling Cherokee out on how he argues things is a lot like throwing stones in a glass house.

People can argue and speculate all they want. Just don't throw a fit jumping to conclusions over it

:funny:

I meant knowing how to operate the suit the first time she puts it on, despite Tony needing weeks of research and trial+error. :oldrazz:

That I would have a problem with. Since the suits are controlled by Tony now (as evidenced by the suit appearing over him without a pilot inside), he could easily get her out of a dangerous situation without her actually needing to learn how to fly.

Yeah, as much as I love Iron Man, that takes me out of the movie every time. :o

T"Challa;25168401 said:
Stark just witnessed an entire city get ambushed by an army of aliens. Presumably there were a ton of casualties. Its perfectly normal for him to make a suit for the 'one person he can't live without' seeing as he can't be everywhere at once. The guy is experiencing PTSD, and has come to the realization that there are massive forces out there gunning for him. Having a suit for Pepper makes perfect sense given the circumstances.

Experiencing PTSD, yes. Realizing that there are forces out there whose power levels vastly outclass Iron Man's, yes. Thinking they're all gunning for him? No.

Loki and the Chitauri weren't after Iron Man. Hell, he wasn't even invited to the Avenger party by Fury; he invited *himself* and took it upon himself to start slugging gods and aliens.

There've been exactly 2 and a half direct threats to Tony Stark in the MCU: Raza/Stane, Whiplash, and Hammer. Pepper was only in immediate danger twice --- once during the Ironmonger fight, and then at Monte Carlo when she and Happy busted in on the damn GP and nearly got themselves killed by both Whiplash and a buttload of race cars.

*None* of that indicates that a sea of enemies is descending upon Tony Stark and poor Pepper. In fact, the IM3 trailers give every indication that the helicopter assault on Malibu is a complete surprise attack, and the trailers give every indication that Tony has no idea who's trying to kill him, or that he has ever heard of Mandarin before. The whole premise of the movie seems to be about him trying to find the answer to that question.

People can argue and speculate all they want. Just don't throw a fit jumping to conclusions over it

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Pepper is in the Iron Man suit at the mansion anymore. I think it's more likely that the suit is empty, and is sentient/remote-controlled. It's a Sentient Armor or drone that gets dragged down into the ocean.

Seems pretty basic. The house is getting blown up, Tony sees Pepper in danger, sends an armor around her, gets incapacitated, and Pepper is dragged to the bottom of the water, presumed dead. "I'm so sorry I put you in harm's way." That's a classic tombstone/staring-at-a-picture line if I ever heard one (It could also take place at the burnt-out memorial).

On another topic, how many set pieces do you guys reckon are in this?

We know so far:
-House blown up
-Air Force One attack
-Chinese Theater explosion
-Whatever results in Stark laying in the snow (probably one of the previously mentioned scenes)
-Mk. VIII-XLI assault (final battle?)
-Then, Mandarin, Coldblood, Firepower, and [blackout]Extremis Killian[/blackout] are involved to some capacity that probably isn't limited to these other ones.

Just some good ol' speculatin'

Pepper was only in immediate danger twice --- once during the Ironmonger fight, and then at Monte Carlo when she and Happy busted in on the damn GP and nearly got themselves killed by both Whiplash and a buttload of race cars.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Pepper is in the Iron Man suit at the mansion anymore. I think it's more likely that the suit is empty, and is sentient/remote-controlled. It's a Sentient Armor or drone that gets dragged down into the ocean.
Pepper has been in trouble at least one more time...when whiplash is defeated and sets his bots to self destruct...IM has to rush over and snatch her up in the nick of time.

Image posted by Vartha in the Fan Art/Manips thread.

im308.png

So this isn't real?? Please be real... Edit: just read this is from some type of Hasbro package so it's real! I ****ing LOVE it!

Last edited:
Experiencing PTSD, yes. Realizing that there are forces out there whose power levels vastly outclass Iron Man's, yes. Thinking they're all gunning for him? No.

There've been exactly 2 and a half direct threats to Tony Stark in the MCU: Raza/Stane, Whiplash, and Hammer. Pepper was only in immediate danger twice --- once during the Ironmonger fight, and then at Monte Carlo when she and Happy busted in on the damn GP and nearly got themselves killed by both Whiplash and a buttload of race cars.

Yes, actually, they are gunning for him.

Stane had a gattling gun pointed at Pepper's face, Stark swooped in and tackled him away.
Vanko's drone was lying beside Pepper about to explode when Stark swooped, grabbed her and flew away.

Had Stark been just 2 seconds late either time Pepper would be pretty soundly splattered across the ground. This isn't lost on him, that thought would of course haunt him along with knowing it'll will likely happen again (you can stow the "it's only happened twice" non-argument, it doesn't have to happen dozens of times before he takes action. Once is enough.)

Loki and the Chitauri weren't after Iron Man. Hell, he wasn't even invited to the Avenger party by Fury; he invited *himself* and took it upon himself to start slugging gods and aliens.

"Weren't" and "wasn't" don't matter, they're past tense. Stark has since made a direct enemy out of Loki, and he probably knows Loki had powerful benefactors, benefactors that he'd be stupid to assume are perfectly fine with having their army destroyed.

His eyes have been (or are being) opened to the fact that there are beings out there much more powerful than he is, some of them he has directly pissed off. He knows he needs a safeguard for Pepper because he might not be so quick to the save next time.

*None* of that indicates that a sea of enemies is descending upon Tony Stark and poor Pepper. In fact, the IM3 trailers give every indication that the helicopter assault on Malibu is a complete surprise attack,

Do you realise how completely opposite those sentences are?

"there's no sea of enemies descending on them.... except for that incomming armada of helicopters sent to level their house with them inside it"

But that doesn't count because it's a surprise attack, because all the other threats he's faced have sent him hand written letters, months in advance, introducing themselves and announcing the time, date and method of how they'll try to kill him. Anything else would just be rude.:o

Pepper is only a damsel if all she does is need to be rescued and doesn't have any other qualities. But she is infact an intelligent, highly capable, pro-active, CEO of a huge company. She also quite obviously can't stand violence, which is why if Stark make her an armour (which would be entirely logical) she wouldn't become a superhero, if the $#!+ hit the fan she'd get out of danger and try to think of a different way to help.

*None* of that indicates that a sea of enemies is descending upon Tony Stark and poor Pepper.

From the Iron Man 3 trailer:

"Honestly, there's a hundred people who want to kill me. I hope I can protect the one thing I can't live without..." - Tony Stark

Pepper is no longer CEO of Stark Enterprises, she left the position at the end of IM II.

True. I, and others, only brought it up to counter the "screaming secretary" label.

Seems pretty basic. The house is getting blown up, Tony sees Pepper in danger, sends an armor around her, gets incapacitated, and Pepper is dragged to the bottom of the water, presumed dead. "I'm so sorry I put you in harm's way." That's a classic tombstone/staring-at-a-picture line if I ever heard one (It could also take place at the burnt-out memorial).

On another topic, how many set pieces do you guys reckon are in this?

We know so far:
-House blown up
-Air Force One attack
-Chinese Theater explosion
-Whatever results in Stark laying in the snow (probably one of the previously mentioned scenes)
-Mk. VIII-XLI assault (final battle?)
-Then, Mandarin, Coldblood, Firepower, and [blackout]Extremis Killian[/blackout] are involved to some capacity that probably isn't limited to these other ones.

Just some good ol' speculatin'

Here's the set pieces I've been able to figure out, based on the trailers, on set pics, and on other reports....I'll spoilertag it for brevity's sake and for those who don't want to know every little SPOILERIFIC detail of the movie:

Malibu mansion.

Air Force One attack over Miami. Iron Patriot and Iron Man are actually attacking the plane, so I'm thinking Firepower and Coldblood have stolen/hijacked the suits.

Chinese Theater. Some type of mini-nuke goes off there while Iron Man is present; it appears to "bake" shadows of corpses into the surrounding walls, just like the A-bombs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki did. Looks like Happy gets killed/hurt real real real bad here.

Docks at Miami. Apparently owned by AIM. I'm guessing this is the finale. If the LEGO sets are right, Tony in the Mk 47 and Rhodey in new War Machine armor battle Mandarin on the docks, then Killian, In Extremis, tries to get away by speedboat and they chase him. Lots of explosions were seen during the filming here (which is actually a dockyard in Wilmington, NC.) Maya Hansen appears to be in this scene, too. (She's a bad guy, for those who haven't read Extremis.)

Neptune's Net, a real-life biker bar in Malibu. Iron Man and Iron Patriot are shown here. In what capacity and at what point in the story, I have no idea. I don't even know if it's Tony and Rhodey, or Savin and Taggert in the suits.

Vizcaya Mansion in Miami. A famous tourist attraction. Looks very Arabic. Don't know if this is intended to be the *actual* Vizcaya, or to substitute for Mandarin's mansion in Pakistan or wherever; but RDJ and Kingsley definitely shot scenes here in costume.

Wreckage of AF1 underwater. Scenes of this were reported to be shot in the giant water tank at Screen Gems studio in Wilmington. No idea what characters were shown to be involved in the dive scene, or whether it was a rescue operation or a recovery/salvage operation.

Chattanooga, TN. RDJ is shown coming out of a hospital here into a sea of reporters from local Chattanooga affiliates. There is also a beauty pageant here, and Stan Lee was rumored to be a judge of said pageant. Appears to be snowing in Chatts during the movie, and this is probably where all the snow scenes take place.

Rose Hill, NC. A small town in NC. A sheriff of the town is listed on the IMDB cast. There's also a saloon scene here.

China. There's a Stark Industries branch here, and Tony is shown in IM armor here with Dr. Wu. Wu is a surgeon, and Tony goes under the knife here. Guessing this is where he gets the Extremis procedure done.

India. Some location shots were filmed in a couple of tech center cities in India; Stark is allegedly going there to get some kind of tech help.

The White House. Rhodey is briefly shown in a scene from the trailer here. Looks like cops/FBI are searching the room behind him, which appears to be the Oval Office. If so, it probably takes place after the AF1 attack. The President is either dead, or has been implicated in evildoing. Iron Patriot also is seen doing some promo/propaganda presentations outside here with high-ranking officers and politicians.

"Dinner date" between Killian and Pepper. Looks like some fancy mansion; possibly Vizcaya again. Killian gives Pepper a lingering kiss on the cheek in this scene.

Pepper's "death trap?" Looks like she's trapped in a metal chair and is weeping. Dunno if it's because she's in pain, or has just witnessed the death of a loved one. No idea where/when this takes place.

Szostak slamming Tony against a wall. Still have no official word who Szostak is playing, but the latest rumor I've seen is that she plays someone named "Brandt." Could possibly be Ellen Brandt, an AIM agent working in South Florida who's part of Marvel's Man-Thing franchise (oddly enough). AIM + South Florida definitely connect to IM3, anyway. And Tony is wearing an outfit that is shown on a Minimugg (or whatever they're called) that's named "Cowboy Tony Stark," oddly enough. Cowboy hat included on the Mugg, but not shown in the trailer.

Advanced Idea Mechanics. A famous video game studio in NC substitutes as the HQ for AIM. No idea which city AIM is supposed to be located in. Killian apparently heads it up.

The extras always like to put their names on IMDB, and a lot of times you can get clues to the movie from there. Some of the ones I haven't been able to connect any dots to: "Executed Pakistani Villager," "Key West Codger," a couple of "Agents" (dunno if they're SHIELD); "Aristocrat Hotel Guest"; "Cell Guard #1."

I'm still of the opinion that we are getting these armors in the film. You can clearly see some that have been in the movies already, plus the Deep Space Armor which has all but been confirmed.

Why are so many people insisting that any other armors in that image are strictly going to be toys and not appear in the film?
lol I'm not. Hasbro's calling the IM3 Armor Mark 42 lol there aren't more than 10 right now COUNTING War Machine and that's more like Mark 2-A lol

So this isn't real?? Please be real... Edit: just read this is from some type of Hasbro package so it's real! I ****ing LOVE it!
yup, the actual size of the image is about 4" square. I had to scan the inside package image from the IM3 ASSEMBLERS at 600 psi to get it at that size. I'll bring it tomorrow but it's not that much larger.
I love the Armor wall, always have. lol THANK YOU MR. LAYTON!!!!

Most of the people who want to kill Tony Stark are ex-girlfriends and jealous husbands. And they number in the thousands. So his math is a little off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"