Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool news. NBot what I expected but still pretty damn cool.
More Ruffalo Hulk is always welcome here. So far Phase III is "Ant Man" Planet Hulk, Doctor Strange and Avengers3/World War Hulk.

Besides all of this rumor talk, did anyone notice that stark is bleeding while he races to catch the people falling from the plane? I wonder what happens before that

Who the **** are the
MCU Illuminati?

The "traditional" comics Illuminati are Iron Man, Reed Richards, Black Bolt, Namor and Dr. Strange. The MCU obviously don't have access to Fox's Mr. Fantastic, but the other four are Marvel properties. *If* the MCU version follows that, and assuming Mayimbe is actually right, then there's a possibility he just unintentionally revealed two more Phase III movies, with Inhumans and Sub-Mariner.

Not sure I'd put a lot of stock in this, though. Planet Hulk/WWH are popular enough, but I don't know how general audiences and little kids would feel about seeing their hero get dicked over by the other heroes and then come back and wreck the world in revenge. Doesn't sound like a solid financial plan, knowwhutimean

Cool news. NBot what I expected but still pretty damn cool.
More Ruffalo Hulk is always welcome here. So far Phase III is "Ant Man" Planet Hulk, Doctor Strange and Avengers3/World War Hulk.
Need black panther. :(

Not sure if you're being serious or a wise ash.

If you're serious though...

Aaaaaaand I call ********. Sorry, but Marvel wouldn't be stupid enough to make their entire Avengers film based solely on Hulk tearing **** up because he's ash flash that he got booted because Bruce Banner STILL can't handle his ****.

This^
although i see Hulk movie in the future after A2, i really dont think marvel is going that direction especially with Whedon at the helm and the creative freedom he gets.... Hulk is not gonna be the antagonist imo that part has already been touched upon in phase 1

I haven't even been keeping up with all the talk for the MCU, and I heard about this months ago.

Also I still think Civil War with some World War Hulk sprinkled in, is more probable then a straight World War Hulk film.
It's not really a mind-blowing scoop. There was talk of another Hulk movie after Avengers for later down the line, probably after this next group of movies. And obviously Planet Hulk, WWH would be obvious candidates since they are more modern, big high concept Hulk stories. Planet Hulk got a good standalone animated movie. It's a solid simple story to adapt on film.

But whatever, I think El Miyambe is an attention smoree. If he just made this a regular story I wouldn't be so annoyed. Instead he's got all sorts of internet sheep and groupies kissing his butt.

If thats true, we only get one more avengers movie with an actual villain? :/ Unless they make avengers 4 that is

Anyway, how could they have know that hulk would be so popular way back before TIH had even come out. And then its not like people went crazy after that one. I dont buy that this has been the plan all along

If its true..then I don't think they would've planned it out that far. Just after they seen how popular Hulk was in the movies. If its true.

I think he might have had more to his scoop or a different one, and that's why his "hints" don't relate to the Hulk. He might have recently changed the scoop to save his ash, or to satisfy everyone after baiting us for so long.... Only, we aren't satisfied.

No, he's probably talking about the World Council when he says MCU Illuminati.
Could be but that's not what he said. Maybe Hulk does something that forces the hand of even his buddy Iron Man. But that's if you believe it, whatever.

All that over this was a disappointment.

This seems like something Marvel recently came up with as a response to how popular Hulk was in The Avengers.

yeah. I just can't see them doing that. Hulk is an avenger now. It's annoying. All mainstream marvel media has Hulk beating everyone up, and a lot of comic fans don't like that too much. There is no way Marvel studios is going to do this. This is pretty bad

Not all that interested in a World War Hulk Avengers 3, tbh.

not at all. It wouldn't be avengers 3. It would just be..WWH, guh.

I'm being serious. That's what is in the stupid video. I kind of agree with you but this is what the great EL MIYAMBE of Latino Review has to say. It's not me man.

So take his word for it or don't. I personally don't.

call me a hypocrite, seriously. cause I don't buy this **** at all. there is no way.

If its true..then I don't think they would've planned it out that far. Just after they seen how popular Hulk was in the movies. If its true.
Didnt that scooper fella say they had it all planned out long ago though?

I dont know which I'd rather not have, WWH movie, or Civil War movie. ESPECIALLY, as a possible trilogy ender. Lame

I would assume the [blackout]MCU Illuminati[/blackout] would not contain Iron Man and Cap, and it would instead consist of [blackout]characters like Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, etc[/blackout]

That would allow Marvel to make a [blackout]Civil War-ish movie, with the Avengers vs the Illuminati[/blackout], and avoid making a movie wherein [blackout]all of the Avengers dick over one of their own[/blackout]

I'd be fine with WWH if it was its own movie, but i wouldnt want to waste avengers 3 on that story line.

I never want to see a whole film of hero vs hero, as cool as it was in avengers. I want the heroes to fight villains

I think he might have had more to his scoop or a different one, and that's why his "hints" don't relate to the Hulk. He might have recently changed the scoop to save his ash, or to satisfy everyone after baiting us for so long.... Only, we aren't satisfied.

look at his twitter. everyone is kissing his ash. This is literally making the MCU about Hulk. I think that is a mistake.

So, you mean to tell me that at the end of Avengers 2, a whole bunch of new faces that have yet to show up in any previous movie are gonna decide to ship everyone's favorite part of the Avengers off into space?

That....seems stupid. In so many ways

Also, if the Illuminati has Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, Panther, etc... great if they're getting movies in Phase 3. But...NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW WHO THE **** THEY ARE.

Eh whatever, we'll see how this pans out.

Maybe its just me, but this is not that surprising or big of a scoop.

El Miyambe makes it sound like he went into Marvel and stole Avengers 2.

I would assume the [blackout]MCU Illuminati[/blackout] would not contain Iron Man and Cap, and it would instead consist of characters like Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, etc

That can't happen, since Hulk is supposedly sent off of Earth at the end of A2, and Ant-Man, Strange, (potentially) Namor and Black Bolt won't be introduced until phases 2-?. Ant-Man could possibly appear in A2, though.

That said, there are many things that would be different for this version of World War Hulk so that's not to say it would follow the same path as previous films. It could be Marvel thinking Planet Hulk would make an interesting and unique Hulk movie (and they wouldn't be wrong.)

Also, that's not to say that the entirety of Avengers 3 would be World War Hulk, just that he may feature in it. For instance, Avengers vs Ultron or someone and then uh oh, Hulk shows up... Or hell, like the comics, Secret Invasion is taking place and Hulk shows up.

I dunno, as much as I dislike the idea of running with a Planet Hulk (mainly because I never liked the cold, calculating side of people like Xavier and Stark) I still have faith in Marvel. Avengers 3 is still like what, 8 years away? I have enough faith that if that IS what they wanted to do, it wouldn't be out of left field and they'd lead up to it in time.

For instance, you know what would work? If they combined World War Hulk and Civil War. Have Tony and Steve really at odds over the decision to boot Hulk at the end of Avengers 2 and have whatever heinous thing Hulk does in 2 to justify getting kicked, start the motion of a superhero registration act.

I mean sure, in the comics there were hundreds of superheroes but think about it realistically, even if there were only 8 superheroes in the real world, the government would surely still want some kind of registration.

The only problem with that is I still can't picture Tony agreeing with registration but I suppose you could work up to that or justify it somehow. Anyway, you have a huge rift between the factions, have Stark, Pym, Widow and Shield (W. Maria Hill) fighting the resistance of Cap, Hawkeye, Dr Strange and Fury. Then Hulk shows up, they have to front up to their mistake and be heroes bla bla bla.

I'm just spitballing. I suppose my point is, there are actually a million ways Marvel could make ANY story work for a film, even the worst ones, it just depends how they appropriate it.

Illuminati would be lame with only MAYBE one film of buildup for each member. Not enough to get us to buy into them as the big-decision making people.

Didnt that scooper fella say they had it all planned out long ago though?

I dont know which I'd rather not have, WWH movie, or Civil War movie. ESPECIALLY, as a possible trilogy ender. Lame

Neither for avengers 3! If marvel had planned everything out so far in advance, you'd think they would have said to themselves "avengers should last past a trilogy" im kinda happy about the planet hulk news. But ill just choose not to believe the WWH stuff for now.

Everything he posted relates to the Hulk scoop.

Clue 1: Illuminati sign
Clue 2: ...not really sure tbh
Clue 3: Hulk was one of the titles
Clue 4: Space...Hulk gets shot into space

The "traditional" comics Illuminati are Iron Man, Reed Richards, Black Bolt, Namor and Dr. Strange. The MCU obviously don't have access to Fox's Mr. Fantastic, but the other four are Marvel properties. *If* the MCU version follows that, and assuming Mayimbe is actually right, then there's a possibility he just unintentionally revealed two more Phase III movies, with Inhumans and Sub-Mariner.

Not sure I'd put a lot of stock in this, though. Planet Hulk/WWH are popular enough, but I don't know how general audiences and little kids would feel about seeing their hero get dicked over by the other heroes and then come back and wreck the world in revenge. Doesn't sound like a solid financial plan, knowwhutimean
Again, he's probably not talking about the literal illuminati from the comics but the Council, which basically are the Illuminati in the MCU.

Also you guys are talking the WWH thing too literally. It obviously won't be exactly like in the comics and will only be an element of the third film.

So, you mean to tell me that at the end of Avengers 2, a whole bunch of new faces that have yet to show up in any previous movie are gonna decide to ship everyone's favorite part of the Avengers off into space?

That....seems stupid. In so many ways

Also, if the Illuminati has Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Namor, Panther, etc... great if they're getting movies in Phase 3. But...NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW WHO THE **** THEY ARE.

exactly, seems kinda dumb to revolve MCU around hulk, not to mention there needs to be a lot of build up for PH and WWH to begin with....

Who the **** are the
MCU Illuminati?

These guys
arrow-blue-outline-down.png

153150-marvel-new-avengers-illuminati-1-marvel-comics.jpg

I'm being serious. That's what is in the stupid video. I kind of agree with you but this is what the great EL MIYAMBE of Latino Review has to say. It's not me man.

So take his word for it or don't. I personally don't.

TheVileOne, don't get me wrong. I wasn't assuming you were talking out of your ash, I was wondering if you were just being a smart ash to make fun of LR...which I wouldn't mind. :woot:

So far I've been happy with what Marvel Studios have been doing, but putting that much focus on The Hulk(if they are even right with their scoops)is absolutely idiotic.

Either make the Avengers 2 a buildup to Thanos being the super villain in part 3...or use him in part 2 before the general audience forgets/stops giving a **** who the guy in the after movie scene was. Making a movie focusing on Hulk...for the third time...fail.

Sorry Hulk Fanboys, but the best you're going to get out of him is similar to what we got in Avengers. Bruce/Hulk is just not a character that can hold his own movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"