The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

I'm outta here.

[​IMG]

2. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

seconded :up:

3. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Well-Known Member

is all this sexist stuff over now?

4. Dr Lee

Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

From me at least yes... I think we're ether too entrenched in our opinions or can't understand the others opinion to be able to debate it properly... So I'm backing off. Apologies for derailing the thread so soon after my return.

5. spideyboy_1111

probably not until we get more news unfortunately

6. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

Killian has green veins in Lego set. Killian Extremis?

7. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Suggesting that Killian needs Extremis to be a threat is sexist.

8. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

Goddammit, Crimson King!

9. Crimson King

10. Juicy J

Juicy J Well-Known Member

I've been trying to avoid this section of the forums for a while cause I don't want to be spoiled for anything come May 3rd.... but that being said, does anyone get the distinct impression that this'll be the best Iron man yet?
    I mean yes, every time Marvel Studios has released a trailer I've been blown away and have been one of the first to sing it's praises, but there's something about this third installment that has me convinced that Marvel is now focusing on raising the bar after the Avengers.

11. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

That plane scene alone gives me that feeling. Although Iron Man is still one of my favorite SH films of all time. It'll be hard to dethrone that one for me at least.

12. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

I'm certainly getting that feeling based on the footage we've seen. It doesn't hurt that everyone involved seems really confident too. In interviews leading up to IM2, people like Favs were going "Oh yeah, two years is a short time frame, but we're just gonna try making it bigger and better and see how the audience takes it." Whereas during the SDCC footage you could just see Feige, Black, and RDJ giving each other mental high fives the whole time.

edit: Not that IM2 was bad or anything, but the difference in quality is noticeable. I have fairly high expectations for this one; hope it doesn't disappoint.

13. TheIrishAvenger

Oh good we're done with the silly sexist discussion, lol.

The fact that RDJ called IM3 the best script he had read in years really gives me hope that this will be the best IM yet. Although, the first IM is extremely hard to beat.

14. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

This is so freaking rediculous. Rescue is part of Iron Man's history, like it or not. If they choose to use it outright, or just have Pepper borrow the suit for a bit, it doesn't matter.

Secondly Pepper doesn't have to know how to fight, I'm sure Tony would figure out a way to have Jarvis operate the suit and protect her.

15. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

moving along, and not to create a new contraversy, but one thing I want to know about this movie is if they will incorporate the [blackout] plot twist invoving Maya [/blackout]. Clearly Killian plays a bigger roll as the bad guy, then he does in the comic. In fact he wasn't really a bad guy in the comics, he'd realized he'd created a monster and killed himself. But just due to that change it doesn't mean that [blackout] Maya may have helped out Mandarin in the first place [/blackout]

16. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

which, of course, means that everybody could wear a Stark Armor and it is nothing special. you don't have to be a genius or a skilled pilot, just wear that stuff and a computer programm does the rest. Kinda destroys everything that makes Tony Stark special. He's just the guy who invented the software and the hardware, nothing more.

17. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

Well, in a way. The thing is operated primarily by regular movement and thought w/assistance from Jarvis. I'm mean it's not like the interior is outfitted with thousands of buttons, dials and switches you have to remember.

You could make the case that there's so much sensory information that only a savant like Tony or a trained and experienced pilot like Rhodes would really be able to handle the thing. I dunno if it's ever really been explained. It's comics!

18. TheIrishAvenger

19. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Again: Lois Lane. Mary Jane Watson. Betty Ross. Jane Foster. Iris West.

Where's the "Rescue Armor" brigade for them? Are you, or any of your cohorts, queuing up to suggest that comic book writers or moviemakers start giving *them* special protection, too? All of *those* Significant Others face an even worse rogues' gallery than anything that was ever thrown at Tony Stark. Start picketing the writers for those characters and demand special protection for them; then we'll start talking about Pepper.

With a username like yours, I'm assuming you've read the Iron Man comics quite a bit. If so, you know full well that the circumstances under which comic book Pepper got the Rescue Armor are very different from what you're suggesting for movie Pepper. Pepper got the Rescue Armor in a story that was an exact ripoff of Tony's own origin story; is that what you want to see? Shrapnel in Pepper's heart, an arc reactor, joining the Avenger Initiative as Hera, going out superheroing, the whole nine yards? As a reader of the Iron Man comics, you're also well aware that the whole Rescue Armor concept was so despised by fanboys that Matt had to write it out last year?

Yes, I think this will be the best Iron Man movie by far. Looks like Shane Black is getting ready to knock this one out of the park. :word:

20. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

What's the trouble, bubble?

Holy ****ing ****, how many times does it have to be explained THAT NO ONE IS ASKING FOR THIS?

21. RaZaTrOn

RaZaTrOn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm really interested to see how many armours are present in the film. I hope we see a lot, the whole iron legion but I don't want him to wear all of them. I'd be happy if he just wore the one suit, but from what I've heard he wears 3, which isn't too bad. I'm mainly excited to see the next phase kick off and look for any clues to where this phase will take us.

22. Dr Lee

Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

I suspect we may see a fair few different suits, but Tony only using two or three. I could see them having something like the toy package, with a load of different suits lineup in the 'wine cellar' but they're only really there in the background as a nod to the comic designs.

23. Crimson King

I tend to agree, which is why I'm not a fan of Rhodey having a suit. That being said, Extremis allows for Tony to control multiple suits at the same time, so it's not like it's "everyone gets a suit!" It's more like someone can have a suit on them that Tony controls. I don't think he loses his specialness that way.

24. spideyboy_1111

... :doh:

Peter Parker can't give MJ spider-powers (and to his character.. he never would) not only that, but MJ would love being a hero to much that he wouldn't want her in harms way (pepper has made it clear that she doesn't like violence and would never "fight" ), Superman can't give lois lane kryptonian powers (or he probably would if he could). Tony stark is a billionaire who has the means to protect those he loves (bruce wayne does the same exact thing with children. He trains them and equips them to fight) and to protect the one he loves.. he gave her armor (THE VERY THING HAPPENED IN THE COMICS) I do not see why you do not understand this concept.. you don't have to like it, but you really should try to understand it because you sound pretty jaded saying "giving her armor makes him sexist" especially when women themselves are telling you you're wrong.

25. Godsfireworks

Godsfireworks Arch Duke of Anemone

all I know is that I'm going to be disappointed if there isn't a legitimate Unibeam blast in this movie. Like seriously, I want it to be powerful enough to level a building.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.