Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
... :doh:

Peter Parker can't give MJ spider-powers (and to his character.. he never would) not only that, but MJ would love being a hero to much that he wouldn't want her in harms way (pepper has made it clear that she doesn't like violence and would never "fight" ), Superman can't give lois lane kryptonian powers (or he probably would if he could). Tony stark is a billionaire who has the means to protect those he loves (bruce wayne does the same exact thing with children. He trains them and equips them to fight) and to protect the one he loves.. he gave her armor (THE VERY THING HAPPENED IN THE COMICS) I do not see why you do not understand this concept.. you don't have to like it, but you really should try to understand it because you sound pretty jaded saying "giving her armor makes him sexist" especially when women themselves are telling you you're wrong.
He did in an All-Star Superman issue, for one day. Incredible issue as well.

All we're missing now is for Tony to have a dog who gets to sport some armor.

Although I think everyone one of the MCU films thus far are really, really good. None of them even come close to cracking my personal top ten of movies. I honestly think the reason I love the MCU so much is not because of the quality of movie but because of the fact that these individual movies inspired by characters that have been around forever are doing something that's never been done before on this scale. That being having 5 movies be stand-alone, yet are all going on in the same world, at the same-ish times, and coming together in one big movie to face threats too big for any one of them. It blows my mind haha

... :doh:

Peter Parker can't give MJ spider-powers (and to his character.. he never would) not only that, but MJ would love being a hero to much that he wouldn't want her in harms way (pepper has made it clear that she doesn't like violence and would never "fight" ), Superman can't give lois lane kryptonian powers (or he probably would if he could). Tony stark is a billionaire who has the means to protect those he loves (bruce wayne does the same exact thing with children. He trains them and equips them to fight) and to protect the one he loves.. he gave her armor (THE VERY THING HAPPENED IN THE COMICS) I do not see why you do not understand this concept.. you don't have to like it, but you really should try to understand it because you sound pretty jaded saying "giving her armor makes him sexist" especially when women themselves are telling you you're wrong.

Again: Tony gave Pepper armor in the comics for entirely different reasons than what you guys are asking for. Tony made the Rescue armor because Pepper went through the exact same thing *he* did --- shrapnel close to the heart, arc reactor keeping her heart pumping, yadda yadda yadda. He didn't do it to "protect his girlfriend," because she isn't even his girlfriend in the comics. Nor is she his CEO. She's just his secretary, and best friend.

Seriously, I wish to god some of you guys would actually *read* Iron Man comics, specifically the whole Rescue armor arc. If you guys actually understood that Rescue Armor implies everything that I've said --- i.e., a storyline completely derivative of Iron Man ("Iron Woman," in essence) that makes Pepper into a superhero who goes around fighting crime --- then I'm sure a lot more of you would be saying, "Holy crap, what a *terrible* idea," too. It's a DC-type concept, not a Marvel concept.

And let's drop the whole "sexist" thing. No, I do *not* genuinely believe the Rescue armor is a "sexist" concept; I was just throwing that back at the yahoos who tried to throw that loaded term out there to those of us who are against Rescue armor. You don't like labels being unfairly placed on you? Guess what: neither do I. Keep them out of this, and *maybe* we can all have a civil conversation like grown-ups instead of stooping to flamewars.

Again: Tony gave Pepper armor in the comics for entirely different reasons than what you guys are asking for. Tony made the Rescue armor because Pepper went through the exact same thing *he* did --- shrapnel close to the heart, arc reactor keeping her heart pumping, yadda yadda yadda. He didn't do it to "protect his girlfriend," because she isn't even his girlfriend in the comics. Nor is she his CEO. She's just his secretary, and best friend.

Seriously, I wish to god some of you guys would actually *read* Iron Man comics, specifically the whole Rescue armor arc. If you guys actually understood that Rescue Armor implies everything that I've said --- i.e., a storyline completely derivative of Iron Man ("Iron Woman," in essence) that makes Pepper into a superhero who goes around fighting crime --- then I'm sure a lot more of you would be saying, "Holy crap, what a *terrible* idea," too. It's a DC-type concept, not a Marvel concept.

And let's drop the whole "sexist" thing. No, I do *not* genuinely believe the Rescue armor is a "sexist" concept; I was just throwing that back at the yahoos who tried to throw that loaded term out there to those of us who are against Rescue armor. You don't like labels being unfairly placed on you? Guess what: neither do I. Keep them out of this, and *maybe* we can all have a civil conversation like grown-ups instead of stooping to flamewars.
Who built her arc reactor?

umm he gave her the armor after he gave her the company and became CEO. the arc reactor was keeping her alive.. not the suit. The suit was not a life support system. She didn't "NEED" to have it to survive. (and yes SHE BECAME CEO in the books)

and i agree i don't want a female ironman (like in the comics) where she basically goes through the same thing as tony with the shrapnel (believable coincidence? i think not) and ABSOLUTELY no one on her has been pushing that concept. I really don't understand why you keep thinking we're saying otherwise.

I tend to agree, which is why I'm not a fan of Rhodey having a suit. That being said, Extremis allows for Tony to control multiple suits at the same time, so it's not like it's "everyone gets a suit!" It's more like someone can have a suit on them that Tony controls. I don't think he loses his specialness that way.

Rhodey having it makes more sense, from the long comic history and the fact he is a pilot in the airforce so will have a basic understanding of how certain things will fly and how.

Pepper should never have being given a suit at all, just leave her running the company, however she does that in the films.
I don't know why fans have taken to the cold interpretation Gwyneth has given her, she, to me, if far from a strong female and seems to get in the way more than anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_Potts

Pepper Potts resumes her activities as personal secretary of Tony Stark. When Ezekiel Stane (Stane's son) causes an explosion during a party hosted by Stark in Taipei, Pepper is trapped under debris and wounded by shrapnel. Suffering severe multiple internal injuries, she is far too weak to withstand a prolonged surgery, so Tony embeds a strong magnet (similar in appearance to the arc reactor of the movie) in her chest, essentially turning Pepper into a cyborg dependent on keeping her chest magnet engaged to stay alive, as he was once.[3]
Pepper survives the less invasive procedure, but it is uncertain when, or if, the magnet can ever be removed. Pepper's body is further enhanced with new cybernetics and upgrades to the magnet, and she fears she is losing her humanity and has become a weapon. Tony tells her the enhancements are not based on Stark technology or weapons-based, but from Danny Rand's design for a new battery. Comforted by this, Pepper embraces her enhancements, exploring her new magnetic powered abilities, like gliding over magnetic lines.[4]
When Tony is blamed for the Skrull invasion, S.H.I.E.L.D. is taken over by Norman Osborn, replaced with H.A.M.M.E.R. and Tony and Maria Hill are fired, along with the rest of the S.H.I.E.L.D. employees. Tony realizes that Osborn is after the secret identities of heroes, and he decides to go underground with Maria, and also to wipe the knowledge in his own brain. Tony makes Pepper the new CEO of Stark Industries, trusting only her to shut down the company in his absence. Pepper discovers a secret room in Tony’s office which contains a suit of armor that he made especially for her. When Osborn issues an arrest warrant for Tony and sends teams to seize all Stark Industries facilities, Pepper uses this suit to escape just before she herself is arrested.[1]

Rhodey having it makes more sense, from the long comic history and the fact he is a pilot in the airforce so will have a basic understanding of how certain things will fly and how.

Pepper should never have being given a suit at all, just leave her running the company, however she does that in the films.
I don't know why fans have taken to the cold interpretation Gwyneth has given her, she, to me, if far from a strong female and seems to get in the way more than anything.

i love gwyneth as pepper.. i think she's very likeable. but to each his own

i love gwyneth as pepper.. i think she's very likeable. but to each his own

I have no idea how people can see this, whenever she is on screen in the films I just blank out as she never really brings anything worthwhile.
She made IM2 unbearable at times, mostly towards the end with the horrible scene with her and Tony arguing (more so Pepper yet again moaning at Tony) over camera while they try and find Justin Hammer. What a terrible scene.

Mostly I think it's because Gwyneth off screen doesn't come across as a great person, yet she clearly thinks alot of herself, more stuck up and smarmy.

You're assuming that the movie equivalent would be the same thing. Since when has Marvel felt the need to make everything in the MCU just like the comics? Never. There's no indication that it will mimic the Rescue armor story from the books. It'll be Rescue INO.

You're assuming that the movie equivalent would be the same thing. Since when has Marvel felt the need to make everything in the MCU just like the comics? Never. There's no indication that it will mimic the Rescue armor story from the books. It'll be Rescue INO.

probably not even in name... suit only.

I have no idea how people can see this, whenever she is on screen in the films I just blank out as she never really brings anything worthwhile.
She made IM2 unbearable at times, mostly towards the end with the horrible scene with her and Tony arguing (more so Pepper yet again moaning at Tony) over camera while they try and find Justin Hammer. What a terrible scene.

Mostly I think it's because Gwyneth off screen doesn't come across as a great person, yet she clearly thinks alot of herself, more stuck up and smarmy.

i loved that scene, i thought it was hilarious personally. i thought it was human

probably not even in name... suit only.

Sam seems to be in the view of wanting the things in film to happen exactly or very similar to the way the happen in the books. Which I don't blame him for but let's just cut the argument or take it to a forum made for the topic you are discussing.

I for one care very little about anything that's going to happen with Pepper in a suit, I think it will look cool in the movie and that's about my capacity for caring, on the other hand I come to this forum to see news and speculation which we've had some news in the past few days and we aren't getting a good chance to discuss because of a handful of people bickering about personal opinions on sexism and now the rescue angle. unnecessary.

Sam seems to be in the view of wanting the things in film to happen exactly or very similar to the way the happen in the books. Which I don't blame him for but let's just cut the argument or take it to a forum made for the topic you are discussing.

I for one care very little about anything that's going to happen with Pepper in a suit, I think it will look cool in the movie and that's about my capacity for caring, on the other hand I come to this forum to see news and speculation which we've had some news in the past few days and we aren't getting a good chance to discuss because of a handful of people bickering about personal opinions on sexism and now the rescue angle. unnecessary.

there's been news? lol typically threads go crazy because the lack there of... last news we got was [BLACKOUT]killians extremis lego[/BLACKOUT] and when that discussion died it went on to this...

there's been news? lol typically threads go crazy because the lack there of... last news we got was [BLACKOUT]killians extremis lego[/BLACKOUT] and when that discussion died it went on to this...

well maybe not news per say but, we got a look at all those different Lego sets which we could all talk about (which really started this Pepper stuff :doh: lol) and the "hall of armors" which I wanted to see everyone chat about.

i loved that scene, i thought it was hilarious personally. i thought it was human

It ruined all the build up and tension the was gathering, totally railroaded any progression just for a stupid throwaway joke scene.

The worst scene in all the Marvel made films thus far.

well maybe not news per say but, we got a look at all those different Lego sets which we could all talk about (which really started this Pepper stuff :doh: lol) and the "hall of armors" which I wanted to see everyone chat about.

the hall of armors... i 100% guarantee you is just for toy merchandising. I in no way, shape or form think those armors will be in film. It's the same concept hasbro was doing with IM2, and having each toy armor come with a "case" for your own collectible hall of armor.

I don't think they will be on film at all

The Rescue angle is part of speculation. I'm not sure how that's not relevant to this thread.

The LEGO stuff was cool, but there's only so much you can say about that and the Hall of Armor artwork, really. I understand that you're not interested in discussing the possibility of Rescue, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't talk about it.

It ruined all the build up and tension the was gathering, totally railroaded any progression just for a stupid throwaway joke scene.

The worst scene in all the Marvel made films thus far.

i can see where you feel that way, and why. but for me it worked

The Rescue angle is part of speculation. I'm not sure how that's not relevant to this thread.

The LEGO stuff was cool, but there's only so much you can say about that and the Hall of Armor artwork, really. I understand that you're not interested in discussing the possibility of Rescue, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't talk about it.

this is true, not only that.. but just because one discussion is going on, doesn't mean multiples cant. it's just a matter of quoting someone else in that discussion

BC7qU2hCAAEWHtn.jpg:large

the hall of armors... i 100% guarantee you is just for toy merchandising. I in no way, shape or form think those armors will be in film. It's the same concept hasbro was doing with IM2, and having each toy armor come with a "case" for your own collectible hall of armor.

I don't think they will be on film at all

I also don't think these will all be in the film, but it does seem a little odd that they keep showing them so much. Then again it is just a toy line.

Like I said, I'm all for the speculation and discussion on Rescue, but the bickering you guys are doing with it could easily be moved to the Rescue forum. It gets a little annoying when it's 2-3 people fighting with each other on their own beliefs and it's hard to keep up with quoting others on topics that were brought up 5 pages ago in between the recent pages of sexism and rescue arguments. My bad for coming off as an ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"