Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I'm just hoping Rhodey doesn't get the same amount of screen time as IM.

Sorry to disappoint.
Shane Black luh-huvs him some buddy cop scripts, and everything points to him taking this direction with Tony and Rhodey.

I hope they don't make the same mistake as they did in part 2 and give tge villain little screen time in favor of War Machine and this nonsense of Pepper/Rescue.
I believe War Machine had about 10 minutes of screentime in Iron Man 2, and most of that was him flying around screaming "I can't control my suit, Tony!" The character wasn't the problem, it was the non-script.

This Iron Man/War Machine buddy cop stuff that Black has talked about writing will probably end up being one of the highlights of the film. War Machine is a very Shane Black character, in the same way Whedon writing Black Widow just made sense

Mandarin should or needs to be the #2 guy in the film, then Pepper and then Rhodey.

Can anyone imagine future Batman movies where characters like Gordon or Robin are marketed over the Joker??

Mandarin is Iron Man's greatest villain, he needs to be in every poster and right behind Iron Man in the marketing.

I hope they don't make the same mistake as they did in part 2 and give tge villain little screen time in favor of War Machine and this nonsense of Pepper/Rescue.

Its possible they are looking at this from a popularity perspective. Cheadle is probably more known than Kingsley and he's fresh off an Emmy win. Remember, this is the Marketing dept. their job is to get butts in seats anyway they know how.

to be flat out honest, I feel like it's just disney playing a game and saying "we got you"
They're marketing their movie and driving traffic to their social media sites by teasing and eventually releasing a poster of one of the movie's stars.

It's not a trick, haha. Seems pretty straightforward

T"Challa;25179345 said:
Its possible they are looking at this from a popularity perspective. Cheadle is probably more known than Kingsley and he's fresh off an Emmy win. Remember, this is the Marketing dept. their job is to get butts in seats anyway they know how.

Cheadle's star power might have something to do with it; but I'd say it's simply a case of creating a pecking order of which characters Black deems important. Tony #1; Rhodey #2. All the promo posters before these two have shown either just Iron Man, or just Iron Man and Iron Patriot. The villain(s) are secondary in this movie, just like they have been in every Iron Man film, and just like they have been in every Shane Black film. The focus is on the hero(es).

another poster so soon?!
i kinda hope its not like the ones of IM2 with just the faces glaring away into the distance.
those were the worst kind of posters in phase1

another poster so soon?!
i kinda hope its not like the ones of IM2 with just the faces glaring away into the distance.
those were the worst kind of posters in phase1
It's forgivable seeing as that poster of Tony free falling upside down was spectacular.

I believe War Machine had about 10 minutes of screentime in Iron Man 2, and most of that was him flying around screaming "I can't control my suit, Tony!" The character wasn't the problem, it was the non-script.

This Iron Man/War Machine buddy cop stuff that Black has talked about writing will probably end up being one of the highlights of the film. War Machine is a very Shane Black character, in the same way Whedon writing Black Widow just made sense

Yeah but most of the film was the build up to War Machine, instead of some badassery from Whiplash. The stupid slapfight could've been devoted to a Vanko/Stark rematch, the chase with the drones could've been Vanko some updated armor actually leading the drones and not him stuck behind a computer only to appear for 30 seconds at the end with a generic grey armor.

Some of the outrage online from the poster teaser is hilarious. It's no different than saying they're releasing a poster the next day, which no one would have a problem with.

"They're just trying to get social media attention!"
My God, those bastards... it's as if they're trying to elevate awareness for the movie!

Nerds will ***** about anything. You give them free money, they'll complain that's it's in fifties instead of twenties.

"**** you, Disney. You couldn't have written a check?"

Yeah but most of the film was the build up to War Machine, instead of some badassery from Whiplash. The stupid slapfight could've been devoted to a Vanko/Stark rematch, the chase with the drones could've been Vanko some updated armor actually leading the drones and not him stuck behind a computer only to appear for 30 seconds at the end with a generic grey armor.
Honestly very little of the film was actually devoted to building up War Machine, he was just as much of a non-entity as Black Widow and Whiplash were. He just kind of showed up and did something every 20 minutes.

The entire script was just a meandering mess.

It's forgivable seeing as that poster of Tony free falling upside down was spectacular.

that was a great poster and i hope thats the one marvel will follow...
but from the teaser it doesnt look promising

Honestly very little of the film was actually devoted to building up War Machine, he was just as much of a non-entity as Black Widow and Whiplash were. He just kind of showed up and did something every 20 minutes.

It was very apparent it was an early draft by a comedy writer, like they had a bunch of vague ideas and tied them together in a quick outline and just went with it for time.

Widow wasn't a non-entity. She not only set up a perimeter around the donut shop, but advised Fury that they shouldn't hold it for much longer (?) I guess in case the place was in peril form pastry-hating terrorists.

Widow wasn't a non-entity. She not only set up a perimeter around the donut shop, but advised Fury that they shouldn't hold it for much longer (?) I guess in case the place was in peril form pastry-hating terrorists.

My God, they knew the Mandarin was coming. His first strike will be on Randy's donuts, mark my words!

people complaining about rhodey getting a poster when he got one in iron man 2 also? im not surprised

people complaining about rhodey getting a poster when he got one in iron man 2 also? im not surprised
I think a lot of people here view War Machine's presence as the root of Iron Man 2's problems, which is really weird to me. Like Whiplash would have been more than a drunken Mickey Rourke mumbling about a bird if there was an extra half-hour of it

I always found it weird people complained about that. The clear expectation from Iron Man was setting up War Machine to appear in the second movie.

I think a lot of people here view War Machine's presence as the root of Iron Man 2's problems, which is really weird to me. Like Whiplash would have been more than a drunken Mickey Rourke mumbling about a bird if there was an extra half-hour of it

I thought he was ****ing awesome. Especially that one shot where he miniguns that drone and oil splatters on his helmet like arterial blood spray.

I think War Machine made the movie good. He made it exciting and gave it edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"