Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tv spot for IM3 was good but no where as good as the one from the first movie Super bowl tv spot the music for that was prefect.

Well, the Hulk thing does correlate with what we've been hearing about Tony having a prototype of the
Hulk-Buster armor.

I can't help but think that
Hulk-Buster armor
will be part of Bruce and Tony's falling out as friends.

Assuming this is all true, I have to admit, having Avengers 3 based around [blackout]WWH[/blackout] just sounds... terrible. At least on paper.
......You guys. Stop taking everything at face value. These films are based on multiple storylines from the comics, not just one. Will Hulk return to Earth as possibly an alien invader in A3? Maybe yes. Does that mean the entire film will revolve around him? No. Adapting the WWH arc does not mean basing the entire film around it. For all we know Hulk's plot could be tied into a Civil War or Kree/Skrull War arc. We know the Inhumans are coming, that means the Kree are as well. It adds up.

Would have thought they'd do civil war way before WWH

I don't want the illuminati Dx

Just have the Hulk sent to Space by the World Security Council or by the villain.

Thanos was a CGI creation that didn't require an actor. Namor, Black Bolt and Strange will need actual actors portraying them. I don't know if Marvel will have found people for those roles by then. Although, Marvel could always just darken the images of the Illuminati and just give us black figures with the outlines of the characters.

nope, prosthetics and makeup

At least this means we'll possibly be getting a better Hulk Vs. Thor fight than what was in The Avengers.

idk, in a movie centered around hulk, it would probably be hulk beating up thor

He might have been, but he was hidden under makeup and CGI.

And when I say actor, I mean someone to actually portray the role. He was just standing in for the part, unless Marvel later officially gives him the role of Thanos.

nah, it was makeup and prosthetics

Too true. They have made far more right decisions than wrong though I must say
I have enjoyed each film so far. Some much more then others, but still this has gone far better then I could have ever hoped for. For every bad decision, there seems to be 10 good ones. But some decision just get me at the bone. That is one of them.

Well people keep saying 'Save Thanos for Avengers 3, he's too big to use as early as Avengers 2' so what would top Thanos against the Avengers in the 3rd movie?
Hulk smashing everyone. Probably.
But I'd rather have Ultron.

Nope. As much as I would love to see The Avengers take on Thanos in part 2, they need to save him for the third film. I do not get the love towards Ultron, sorry, but people need to think of the general audience. Ultron would be weak as **** to use as the main villain after Thanos. Thanos is one of the biggest/strongest Marvel Comics bad guys ever. I'm excluding the Celestials of course.

I wouldn't mind a Planet Hulk or WW Hulk film, but not as part of the actual Avengers films.

DarthSkywalker, on this scoop, what specifically did you hear before? Was it posted here or elsewhere?

nope, prosthetics and makeup

idk, in a movie centered around hulk, it would probably be hulk beating up thor

nah, it was makeup and prosthetics

Makeup, prosthetics, and CGI were all used in the creation of Thanos.

And if Hulk and Thor went at it again, I think that Thor would put up a fight. I expect more of a power push for Thor in Phase 2, moreso than what he got in Phase 1(which was still pretty good for the first phase).

another thing worth noting, he posts his info, yeah. But on latin review, he's had "scoops" that turned out to be not true. He is the one who posted about black panther being the next standalone film for phase 2. That turned out to be not true.

He also said Marvel will deny this. Maybe there is some false-ness to this.

They don't have enough characters to do civil war yet.

If they are talking about it being AV3 by then they would have enough. At least to be able to play out the main arcs.

You know the tv spot was underwhelming when hardly anyone is talking about it right now.

I posted earlier:

I'd change that to the World Council shooting him into space after thinking about it more.

And again, you guys are taking this all too literally. The MCU is not going to revolve around the Hulk, it's just going to be an element of the verse.

Yeah, the only way I could see it working would be if bad guys launched Hulk into space, and the Avengers are all like "oh noes, he's our friend and stuff". Have your Planet Hulk movie ("The Incredible Hulk 2: Planet Hulk"), then have him return to earth for WWHulk in Avengers 3, but make that only the first half. The Avengers calm him down, convince him that it was all the Council's idea instead of theirs, and then have Hulk regain his hero card for a second half battle against the *real* villain, such as Ultron or the Skrullies or something.

Still, no matter how you slice it, Hulk comes out of such a scenario with a big black eye in terms of popularity. The reason everybody loved Hulk in the Avengers movie is because HE'S FINALLY TREATED LIKE A HERO, instead of a hated monster. But if you believe Mayimbe, he goes right back to hated monster status in the very next film we see him in (Avengers 2).

Bogus.

LOL we were talking about it earlier before the Miyambe nonsense. W'ever.

another thing worth noting, he posts his info, yeah. But on latin review, he's had "scoops" that turned out to be not true. He is the one who posted about black panther being the next standalone film for phase 2. That turned out to be not true.

He also said Marvel will deny this. Maybe there is some false-ness to this.
Marvel denies everything.

Either way, he seems pretty confident about this and it's not like we haven't been predicting this for months. We all knew after Avengers they would find some way to use Hulk and PH was a logical next step.

MCU Illuminati would make sense. After defeating Thanos in AV3 they would naturally split up the infinity gems amongst themselves, therefore creating the Illuminati right there.

Yeah, the only way I could see it working would be if bad guys launched Hulk into space, and the Avengers are all like "oh noes, he's our friend and stuff". Have your Planet Hulk movie ("The Incredible Hulk 2: Planet Hulk"), then have him return to earth for WWHulk in Avengers 3, but make that only the first half. The Avengers calm him down, convince him that it was all the Council's idea instead of theirs, and then have Hulk regain his hero card for a second half battle against the *real* villain, such as Ultron or the Skrullies or something.

Still, no matter how you slice it, Hulk comes out of such a scenario with a big black eye in terms of popularity. The reason everybody loved Hulk in the Avengers movie is because HE'S FINALLY TREATED LIKE A HERO, instead of a hated monster. But if you believe Mayimbe, he goes right back to hated monster status in the very next film we see him in (Avengers 2).

Bogus.

People liked the Hulk in TA because they got to see him doing what he did best without all of the "boring" parts of the other movies he was in, which was tear **** up. If they see him doing that in TA2(and eventually a movie where he comes back for revenge), then it's a wrap.

DarthSkywalker, on this scoop, what specifically did you hear before? Was it posted here or elsewhere?

I remember reading that Feige mentioned a possible Hulk film, just not this Phase. Planet Hulk was brought up, leading to the eventual World War Hulk. It was on this site.

Last edited:

Bogus.

I was looking through his articles on latin-review. A lot of his articles are pictures and things with sources in them to back it up. Regarding new pictures for avengers, etc. He is the one who wrote the article regarding the black panther being in phase 2. I think you guys are right. i don't think he's full of ****. I think his source is though. He doesn't exactly have a great record for posting things before they are revealed. In the few pages of articles I've gone through, he is 1 for 2, regarding revealing info. and that is assuming the ironman going into space thing is legit.

I remember reading that Feige mentioned a possible Hulk film, just not this Phrase. Planet Hulk was brought up, leading to the eventual World War Hulk. It was on this site.

he said planet hulk would be cool, he said WWH is a cool story too

Bogus.
I don't think so. People loved Hulk in the Avengers because of how he kicked Chitauri ass and his funny scenes with Loki and Thor, it wasn't specifically because he was a hero. With Planet Hulk, like Mayimbe said, you get to have a Hulk that fight aliens and conquer a planet rather than run from a bunch of military guys. It creates the opportunity to make a Hulk film that plays on the comic aspect of the character while also show him as a badass conquerer on a mission. It would be like Kratos from GoW. More I think about it it could be gold really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"