Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Armor looks like it's right out of Mass Effect.

can someone point out the space armor from the poster?

YarRcwb.jpg

The only thing I am wondering is whether the space armor appears in the final battle, or whether just as an epilogue..

Marvel knocked it out of the park with these posters.

All of Iron Man's suits of armor have been gorgeous, save the first version. Even when we only had the comics to go by, I always thought that he was the hero whose design was the best looking of all. Marvel ha outdone itself with the movie designs, however. Not only is Iron Man wonderful to look at, he is also a total badass. As a fan I couldn't be happier with the way one of my favorite heroes has been portrayed on screen.

Fox could really take some marketing cues from Marvel/Disney...Wolverine who? :oldrazz:

The new poster is awesome!

All of Iron Man's suits of armor have been gorgeous, save the first version. Even when we only had the comics to go by, I always thought that he was the hero whose design was the best looking of all. Marvel ha outdone itself with the movie designs, however. Not only is Iron Man wonderful to look at, he is also a total badass. As a fan I couldn't be happier with the way one of my favorite heroes has been portrayed on screen.

Yeah the only character who's costume I think was adapted better than Tony's was Spider-Man in the original trilogy(and apparently now the new film that's copying it:hehe:)

I hate the raised webbing look and I can't believe they gave in to the fanboys who complained about the first suit. Not that I have any interest in the new Spider Man anyways, the last movie disappointed me a lot. But I did like the suit more. Now they're trying to appeal to Raimi fans.

Total win so far by Marvel in their marketing of this movie. Really like they teased the other characters in the movie and now have showcased Tony and all his bada** suits. No explanation of what each one is, leaving people wondering and now interested to see what they've cooked up.

doesn't bother me at all.. I didn;t know what the destroyer was before Thor, so seeing as they made it a strong weapon that Loki controlled that was destroyed and never recovered to Asgard, it makes sense Shield and Stark would try to replacate it, since it was so strong and is the only other worldly device they have possession of.

It's not though. The Destroyer was built by Odin to battle Celestials. To battle freakin Celestials lol. Odin said it is the most powerful being to ever walk midgard.

MCU or not, something THAT powerful, or something based off something THAT powerful, I have a hard time being ok with it being so easily recycled

It's not though. The Destroyer was built by Odin to battle Celestials. To battle freakin Celestials lol. Odin said it is the most powerful being to ever walk midgard.

MCU or not, something THAT powerful, or something based off something THAT powerful, I have a hard time being ok with it being so easily recycled

right, but I mean when people like me who have no knowledge of the Thor world see that thing as a big super powerful robot type monster from a distant world that is now on earth, so it makes sense to keep that theory going.

I understand that in the comics The Destroyer is super crazy powerful and scary but in the MCU it's clearly been given a different route to take. It still very well could have been the most powerful thing to walk midgard, but Thor was superior and what was left of the Destroyer has been adapted to the MCU to combat future Asguardian threats.

Loving the collection of armors. Hopefully their differences are emphasized in battle.

Why else would they go back to almost the exact same design of a Spider-Man suit from the Raimi movies? And don't say "because its truer to Spider Man". Comic book Spider-Man never had raised webbing. Its not just a coincidence that it happens to be almost exactly like the suit from the Raimi suit(other than the eyes). Fanboys were constantly complaining about how "ugly" the suit was in TAS and how the "original" was better... now we've suddenly got one that looks almost exactly like the original. Anyways I'll stop going off topic.

I'm pretty sure this is the Asgardian Armor
O89vCiW.jpg

I absolutely love this armor. It's going to be a blast seeing all of the various suits in combat together. And if the spoilers about the space armor are true, I might just faint right there in my seat come May 3rd. :awesome:

Why else would they go back to almost the exact same design of a Spider-Man suit from the Raimi movies? And don't say "because its truer to Spider Man". Comic book Spider-Man never had raised webbing. Its not just a coincidence that it happens to be almost exactly like the suit from the Raimi suit(other than the eyes). Fanboys were constantly complaining about how "ugly" the suit was in TAS and how the "original" was better... now we've suddenly got one that looks almost exactly like the original. Anyways I'll stop going off topic.

I'm pretty sure this is the Asgardian Armor
O89vCiW.jpg

Looks like the Mark V black and gold concept from im2

4577438964_3f9334e5e5_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members