Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of his origins is that of an archaeologist who finds the alien rings/technology in a cave. However, he is still using Extremis and that part of his origin is mixed in here. The rings aren't technically all vibranium. Some of the metals making up the alloy are unlike anything Mandarin has ever seen. Leads him to believe the metals they're made from were combined by ancient people who possessed high technology, and knowledge of vibranium. Technically the rings are still an alien metal, but they're not alien technology, Mandi says they were forged on earth, the metal is from elsewhere. Mandarin believes they passed through Atlantis at one point... he has unconventional beliefs for an archaeologist and it's no wonder he no longer teaches. Yes he's been altered a little, but the core of it is intact and combined with Extremis. He's not really a businessman in this version, although he uses businesses to his advantage. He attacks nearly all areas of culture as he thinks dominance of each area is important, needs an inside man in politics, in the airforce etc. That's sort of what they're going with. He works much like Genghis Khan did but with modern technologies, praising some of his ancestor's tactics. What's important is it could just be Mandarin's word that he is actually related to him. Everyone around him, even Killian believes he is mad. However, he learned from Genghis Khan's mistakes. Is ALWAYS on the lookout for someone trying to betray him, no matter how close/loyal they seem. But he found the rings a long time ago. We don't get to see this backstory play out. It just ties into why the metal alloy they're made out of can absorb energies and then release them. It's not quite vibranium, but an alloy of the Wakandan metal and other rare materials Mandarin believes came from elsewhere. I.e. metals that archaeologists had never dug up before, and only Shield had access to when Captain America's Shield was created.

That's some rather specific things to say about the Rings. If any of that stuff turns out to be mentioned in IM3, then I'll trust your "anonymous sources" from now on. ;)

But it still seems very far-fetched at this point. For one thing, you're diluting vibranium's unique-ness even further: it's supposed to be found in only one place on earth, and jealously guarded, and yet so far we've seen Wakanda implicitly give Cap a shield and now Tony at least one new armor; are they supposed to be responsible for Mandarin's rings, too? And if so, how did he get hold of them, even as an archaeologist....? Doesn't seem like the sort of cultural artifacts the Wakandans would let slip through their fingers, pardon the wordplay.

Well he did say the rings are ancient... And possibly atlantean and Atlantis would pre-date wakanda

No it's not. Wait! OMG! DO you mean that horrible nineties cartoon???? Guh! That version was horrible.

His comic origin is that he spent all the money that should have been spent making his subjects life better to make himself perfect in mind and body. Which is a really good origin for a villain. It makes him personally awesome, while at the same time making him an ******* who destroyed his subject's lives to improve himself.

It's going to be a long 11 hours, 12 minutes and 56 seconds.

Well he did say the rings are ancient... And possibly atlantean and Atlantis would pre-date wakanda

Maybe. Does anybody know how ancient Wakandan civilization really is? Also, the rings are inscribed in Arabic, and that's not considered necessarily an "ancient" (B.C. era) civilization. That would be a strange journey for those rings to take over the millennia --- Atlantis to the Islamic era Middle East to wherever/whenever Mandarin gets hold of them.....might be easier for Marvel to just say, "**** it, they're of alien Makluan origin....deal with it"

noon eastern time is 9 am pacific time - i looked this up because i'm not from the good ol' U S of A.

I had a guy ask me for a certain spanish something because he thought he had to wait 3 hrs longer than everyone else on account of him being in a different time zone.

i told him it didn't work like that, but to little to no avail...

so yeah, anyone reading this, i hope you understand that the trailer is being released for everyone at the same time; i.e. around 3 am in australia, 12 noon eastern american time, and 9 am pacific american time. all are the same time.

Yeah I'm sure there will be some tired eyes down under tomorrow lol

I HAVE CLASS AT 12:30 BUT I USUALLY LEAVE AT 12:00...

crap what do I do???

I HAVE CLASS AT 12:30 BUT I USUALLY LEAVE AT 12:00...

crap what do I do???
eastern time?

BUT on the bright side it might take forever to even get the downloads to work because so many people watching anyway

Does anyone get the sense that Mandarin is going to release like threat videos similar to what Osama Bin Laden did?

I get the sense that Shane Black and Kingsley are modeling him partly off of Bin Laden.

did you see the leaked trailer?

I watched about 10 seconds then I decided that with the music pumping and the scale I needed to wait for the HD English version. And I can't understand Spanish very well, only in my first year of it. I'll probably bring my phone and 'go to the bathroom' and watch it then.

I'm thinking the Same thing Vile.

I watched about 10 seconds then I decided that with the music pumping and the scale I needed to wait for the HD English version. And I can't understand Spanish very well, only in my first year of it. I'll probably bring my phone and 'go to the bathroom' and watch it then.
lol I wish I could do that! lol I don't have that smart of a cell lol just be sure not to scream out of joy....you'll get funny looks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"