Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
right, but I mean when people like me who have no knowledge of the Thor world see that thing as a big super powerful robot type monster from a distant world that is now on earth, so it makes sense to keep that theory going.

I understand that in the comics The Destroyer is super crazy powerful and scary but in the MCU it's clearly been given a different route to take. It still very well could have been the most powerful thing to walk midgard, but Thor was superior and what was left of the Destroyer has been adapted to the MCU to combat future Asguardian threats.

That's the problem in my eyes. A lot of people I've seen think it's ridiculous as well. The issue was having Thor beat it effortlessly in the first place. Again, it's different in the movies, I know. But it's not like it's a tossup. Thor beating the destroyer in the comics wouldn't be taken seriously at all. Remotely.. something THAT powerful. Depowering it beyond the scale the MCU has is unacceptable. Nevermind shield and stark being ABLE to reverse engineer it.

They can do what they want with the movies, I understand. but that doesn't make it acceptable/recievable. something THAT powerful shouldn't be depowered to the point where thor can beat it. It's been depowered far beyond the scale everyone else has. That would be like having Thanos in the movies be able to be defeated by ironman 1 on 1. Casually. Thanos blasts ironman. Ironman blasts back. Tackles him into the ground, thanos throws him. Ironman unibeams him, then blasts Thanos around till he's out of commission. It's ridiculous and shouldn't happen. We'd deem it unacceptable, because of the power levels.

Thor effortlessly taking down the destroyer, then SHIELD and now Stark being able to reverse engineer it, that's unaccetable.

Marvel Studios is just a well oiled machine at this point. Phase 2 is going to be bonkers.

T"Challa;25279905 said:
Marvel Studios is just a well oiled machine at this point. Phase 2 is going to be bonkers.

clicking on all cylinders

Somebody needs to put together a guide that matches the spoilerific armor descriptions with what we've seen leaked thus far, not only the latest poster but also the toy packaging like the hall of armor image below. I really want to know what some of these suits are.

The Mk42, WM/IP, space suit, and heartbreaker suits are done deals, anybody wanna take a stab at IDing the rest?

IRON-MAN-3_HALL-OF-ARMOR_PROMO-TOY_.jpg

Last edited:
Is the latest poster the international theatrical poster or are tgey going to release that one here aswell? If there's one poster to go, I wonder if it's going to look like the first two movies with the floating heads?

This latest poster looks the best, my favorite with Mandarin's close behind it.

That's the problem in my eyes. A lot of people I've seen think it's ridiculous as well. The issue was having Thor beat it effortlessly in the first place. Again, it's different in the movies, I know. But it's not like it's a tossup. Thor beating the destroyer in the comics wouldn't be taken seriously at all. Remotely.. something THAT powerful. Depowering it beyond the scale the MCU has is unacceptable. Nevermind shield and stark being ABLE to reverse engineer it.

They can do what they want with the movies, I understand. but that doesn't make it acceptable/recievable. something THAT powerful shouldn't be depowered to the point where thor can beat it. It's been depowered far beyond the scale everyone else has. That would be like having Thanos in the movies be able to be defeated by ironman 1 on 1. Casually. Thanos blasts ironman. Ironman blasts back. Tackles him into the ground, thanos throws him. Ironman unibeams him, then blasts Thanos around till he's out of commission. It's ridiculous and shouldn't happen. We'd deem it unacceptable, because of the power levels.

Thor effortlessly taking down the destroyer, then SHIELD and now Stark being able to reverse engineer it, that's unaccetable.

Didn't Stark make 2 Destroyer based armors in the comics?

:oldrazz:
Iron-Man-Destroyer-Armor.jpg

ok the marketing looks great so far. But I have a question. Has this film been pre screened at all? I keep hearing about all the great reactions from the Man of Steel pre screenings but have heard nothing about any screenings of an early cut of IM3. Has anyone hear of any and did Disney let the reactions be released?

Alright, I'll bite.

IRON-MAN-3_HALL-OF-ARMOR_PROMO-TOY_.jpg

BOTTOM LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): Heartbreaker V1, War Machine V2, Aquatic, Stealth, Layered Plating V2.

MIDDLE LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): Don't know, don't know, Layered Plating V1, Mark 7, Mark 42.

TOP LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): Looks like the Heavy Duty, Proto Cannon, Extremis armor, Space armor, don't know.

ok the marketing looks great so far. But I have a question. Has this film been pre screened at all? I keep hearing about all the great reactions from the Man of Steel pre screenings but have heard nothing about any screenings of an early cut of IM3. Has anyone hear of any and did Disney let the reactions be released?

At this stage its a given it has screened for execs and their families and probably some select employees. I think Disney/Marvel have just done a pretty good job of keeping things under wraps

^ Well some of those suits are from the previous movies, sorry I should've clarified to exclude the older ones.

So borrowing your format (but actually going left to right), here's the ones we know for sure (TBD means I don't know):

BOTTOM LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): TBD, TBD, TBD, WM v1, Heartbreaker (v1 or v2?)

MIDDLE LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): Mk42, Mk4, Mk5, TBD, Mk7

TOP LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): TBD, Deep Space, Mk6, WM v2, TBD

From the poster, here's 3 more that aren't identified yet besides the two heartbreaker suits:
newarmor2.png

Ok guys, have at it with the TBDs!

Last edited:
newarmor1.png

Space Armor and one that I don't know.

O89vCiW.jpg

Layered Plating V2.

newarmor2.png

Extremis Armor and the two Heartbreakers together with Layered Plating V2. Don't one about the one in detail.

Is the latest poster the international theatrical poster or are tgey going to release that one here aswell? If there's one poster to go, I wonder if it's going to look like the first two movies with the floating heads?

This latest poster looks the best, my favorite with Mandarin's close behind it.

The new poster is the final theatrical poster.

Alright, I'll bite.

BOTTOM LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): Heartbreaker V1, War Machine V2, Aquatic, Stealth, Layered Plating V2.

MIDDLE LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): Don't know, don't know, Layered Plating V1, Mark 7, Mark 42.

TOP LINE (LEFT TO RIGHT): Looks like the Heavy Duty, Proto Cannon, Extremis armor, Space armor, don't know.

you went right to left lol...

Alright, I'll bite.

other way around just so ya know :)

ps. yes i know you originally got your left and rights mixed up.

Last edited:

Yup. But was it made FROM the destroyer, after he and his little avengers took it down? lol I think not

newarmor1.png

Space Armor and one that I don't know.

O89vCiW.jpg

Layered Plating V2.

newarmor2.png

Extremis Armor and the two Heartbreakers together with Layered Plating V2. Don't one about the one in detail.

I wonder if each suit will have "a moment" or if they will just be there in the backround.

This suit he used to defeat the god of fear. It's from the Fear Itself arc about two years ago. He broke his sobriety and begged Odin for help, and he got that.

the one with Deep Space armor in the pic, actually looks like it might be the one that's Asgardian. It sorta resembles destroyer more.. lots of smooth metal

also... i find it interesting that deep space armor's arc reactor has a V shape.... especially when the rumor says that the Wakandan's give him the metal to build it....

V=Vibranium?

I was just watching Tron Legacy and I realized just how much of a missed opportunity it was not to have Daft Punk do the score for IM3.

you already posted this man! :p

also... i find it interesting that deep space armor's arc reactor has a V shape.... especially when the rumor says that the Wakandan's give him the metal to build it....

V=Vibranium?

I love it. ha. and this was supposed to be a standalone ironman exclusive movie

you already posted this man! :p

I love it. ha. and this was supposed to be a standalone ironman exclusive movie

"stand alone Iron-Man exclusive" doesn't mean no easter eggs... saying the name "wakanda" doesn't suddenly invade his film with black panther.

it just means that there's not going to be any of the avengers popping up and that the film is going to stick with being about him, and not a 2 hr trailer for avengers 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"