Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Wasp or Janet appear in the film, then Kevin Feige was lying about Avengers not being in this movie now, isn't he? You calling Feige a liar? :argh:

I'd easily say he could be lying.. Look at what Nolan did when he denied, denied, denied, that Robin was in the movie. Anyone can keep up a lie for long enough to make us think it's truth, doesn't mean they still aren't lying.

I'd easily say he could be lying.. Look at what Nolan did when he denied, denied, denied, that Robin was in the movie. Anyone can keep up a lie for long enough to make us think it's truth, doesn't mean they still aren't lying.

Robin wasn't in the film some made up BS character with the first name of Robin was.

Two major differences:

1. Kevin Feige isn't Chris Nolan. Nor JJ Abrams, nor M. Night. Those guys make a cottage industry of subterfuge; Marvel Studios doesn't.

2. Robin and Talia al-Ghul were major plot points; they obviously had a duty to keep it secret. And when fanboys guessed the truth very early on, there was no other option but (im)plausible denial. Someone like Wasp would NOT be a major plot point in the IM3 movie --- there's simply no room for her story (or any other Avenger's, for that matter) to suddenly blossom into a full-blown subplot that takes away from the main plot points featuring Tony, Rhodey, Pepper, Mandarin and Killian. Ergo, no need to hide behind lies and denial about a cameo character.

Robin wasn't in the film some made up BS character with the first name of Robin was.

Two major differences:

1. Kevin Feige isn't Chris Nolan. Nor JJ Abrams, nor M. Night. Those guys make a cottage industry of subterfuge; Marvel Studios doesn't.

2. Robin and Talia al-Ghul were major plot points; they obviously had a duty to keep it secret. And when fanboys guessed the truth very early on, there was no other option but (im)plausible denial. Someone like Wasp would NOT be a major plot point in the IM3 movie --- there's simply no room for her story (or any other Avenger's, for that matter) to suddenly blossom into a full-blown subplot that takes away from the main plot points featuring Tony, Rhodey, Pepper, Mandarin and Killian. Ergo, no need to hide behind lies and denial about a cameo character.

word. I was just putting it out there that lying wouldn't be the craziest thing for a director or whomever to do. And Stozaks character seems like to me she really does have an important plot point, maybe not in IM3 but in Phase 2 as a whole. Marvel thinks bigger! haha

it's not lying per-say... but for any one who hasn't caught on that movie studios and all involved, tip-toe around truths and word these very ambiguously do so for a reason

it's not lying per-say... but for any one who hasn't caught on that movie studios and all involved, tip-toe around truths and word these very ambiguously do so for a reason

thanks spidey, that's a much better way of putting it haha.

They're not "tiptoeing around it" or being ambiguous at all. It's simply that nobody has ever asked Feige or anyone else directly who the bad place Szostak is playing. Probably because everyone assumes she's playing a throwaway bimbo role that lasts all of fifteen seconds onscreen, just like Everhart and Olivia Munn in the previous films.

They shouldn't have to tell anyone anything. The internet ruins movies these days.

bad place, the element of surprise is LONG gone.

They're not "tiptoeing around it" or being ambiguous at all. It's simply that nobody has ever asked Feige or anyone else directly who the bad place Szostak is playing. Probably because everyone assumes she's playing a throwaway bimbo role that lasts all of fifteen seconds onscreen, just like Everhart and Olivia Munn in the previous films.

i was referring to the notion that the film will be completely stand-alone and not have any references, or appearances by anyone else in the mu

^All while posting on a message board. :oldrazz:

They shouldn't have to tell anyone anything. The internet ruins movies these days.

bad place, the element of surprise is LONG gone.

Yeah, I gave up on the element of surprise or shocking twists or spoilers years ago. They're *impossible* to keep secret in the Age of Information. Instead, what I look for in a movie is acting and visuals and action that is good enough to make we want to see a movie not just once, but many times over. An M. Night style "SURPRISE TWIST!!! :wow:" movie works exactly once. Or twice: the second time to run back through it to see how many plotholes are actually littered all through the movie to prove that the "surprise twist!!!" doesn't really work at all.

What I like most about the posters is that every single one of them says something. They tell a story and are literally worth a thousand words. You can tell they put some real artists behind making the posters for this film. These are way better than the floating heads we got for all the other Marvel movies before the Avengers.

I hope this will be a standard for ALL Marvel movies going forward, including Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four.

this is a honest question because I don't know the answer and I hope someone can help me here. This is probably the 100th time I have read the latin phrase 'per se' written as 'per-say'. that spelling makes no sense at all. at least not to me. is this a special AE spelling I'm not aware of or just a very common mistake made by a lot of people?

Yeah, he wasn't even supposed to be thought of as Robin. Pfister said they put it in there as a joke for the fans.

Could someone upload the new poster without the text on here please?

I'm having trouble with the links and I can't view it.

lJ5iksd.jpg

Wait, so if spoiler guy is legit, then that means szorstac is playing Janet then, wouldn't it? Assuming he's real, with all those armies and stuff

Yeah, he wasn't even supposed to be thought of as Robin. Pfister said they put it in there as a joke for the fans.

That's ridiculous. Blake was Nolan's version of the Robin character. Whether people like or accept that is up to them, but that was Nolan's obvious intention.

That's ridiculous. Blake was Nolan's version of the Robin character. Whether people like or accept that is up to them, but that was Nolan's obvious intention.

but don't you see? his denying that robin would be in the film.. was his cryptic way of saying "robin as you know him isnt, there's no boy wonder running around with batman" while still including a reference to him.... it's not lying, it's just being sneaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"