Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's ridiculous. Blake was Nolan's version of the Robin character. Whether people like or accept that is up to them, but that was Nolan's obvious intention.

I'm just repeating what the filmmaker said. He called it a "gag."

If you think that means something else, that's fine.

Wait, so if spoiler guy is legit, then that means szorstac is playing Janet then, wouldn't it? Assuming he's real, with all those armies and stuff

"Spoiler Guy" only posted the alleged production guide to the armors. A bunch of Anonymous trolls then started spewing the usual 4chan trollery about plot points they claimed to know about, which nobody could possibly know about. (Outside of the IM3 principals, that is.)

Feige said there ain't no Avengers in this movie besides Tony. I believe him. If anybody starts believing Feige *could* be lying about it, then hell --- he could be lying about *anything* and *everything,* and you might as well quit posting "Feige said...." factoids ever again.

Personally? I haven't seen any evidence that Feige ever lied or half-truthed anything he publicly stated. If he says there's no Avenger cameos, then there's no Avenger cameos.

"Spoiler Guy" only posted the alleged production guide to the armors. A bunch of Anonymous trolls then started spewing the usual 4chan trollery about plot points they claimed to know about, which nobody could possibly know about. (Outside of the IM3 principals, that is.)

Feige said there ain't no Avengers in this movie besides Tony. I believe him. If anybody starts believing Feige *could* be lying about it, then hell --- he could be lying about *anything* and *everything,* and you might as well quit posting "Feige said...." factoids ever again.

Personally? I haven't seen any evidence that Feige ever lied or half-truthed anything he publicly stated. If he says there's no Avenger cameos, then there's no Avenger cameos.

to be fair.... Fiege wouldn't be lying if wasp showed up.. since, she's not "currently" an avenger. he never gave specifics (see how they like to be cryptic? )

to be fair.... Fiege wouldn't be lying if wasp showed up.. since, she's not "currently" an avenger. he never gave specifics (see how they like to be cryptic? )

Yeah, but it's still a half-truth, and I've never seen him be guilty of half-truths, either.

Plus, he's also said that they learned their lesson from the negative reaction to throwaway cameos like Hawkeye in Thor. Those kind of things just piss off fanboys and confuse regular audiences.

Yeah, but it's still a half-truth, and I've never seen him be guilty of half-truths, either.

Plus, he's also said that they learned their lesson from the negative reaction to throwaway cameos like Hawkeye in Thor. Those kind of things just piss off fanboys and confuse regular audiences.

key is... don't make it a throw away cameo. don't shoe-horn it and don't force it. It's certainly do-able with having a purpose and good writing.

I think if Janet/Wasp is goint to show up in the films it will be under in either Whedon or Wright in Avengers 2 or Ant-Man.

I would expect an actress with a higher profile, some buzz or leading roles than Stephanie Szostak as well.

I think its like the Amanda Righetti is 'Sharon Carter' rumor in Captain America: The First Avenger in which she turned out to just be a SHIELD agent.

Last edited:
you mean like Chris Hemsworth? Hiddleston? Evans? were all "high-profile" ?

I said higher profile.

Hemsworth had leading roles in Red Dawn and Cabin In The Woods (which were filmed before Thor) and was an up and coming leading man.

Evans had a higher profile than Stephanie Szostak has now pre-Captain America casting.

Hiddleston was an up and coming actor who had worked with Kenneth Brannagh a couple times and had some theatre buzz.

Two major differences:

1. Kevin Feige isn't Chris Nolan. Nor JJ Abrams, nor M. Night. Those guys make a cottage industry of subterfuge; Marvel Studios doesn't.

2. Robin and Talia al-Ghul were major plot points; they obviously had a duty to keep it secret. And when fanboys guessed the truth very early on, there was no other option but (im)plausible denial. Someone like Wasp would NOT be a major plot point in the IM3 movie --- there's simply no room for her story (or any other Avenger's, for that matter) to suddenly blossom into a full-blown subplot that takes away from the main plot points featuring Tony, Rhodey, Pepper, Mandarin and Killian. Ergo, no need to hide behind lies and denial about a cameo character.

Sure there is. Whether or not she has a small role in the movie, in my eyes is a bit irrelevant. Even if it's small. It would still need to be kept secret. Cause if she is, chances are, she would play bit of a bigger role in all of phase 2. If that's the plan, if they have plans for her through out phase 2, and to introduce her in Ironman 1, then there is plenty of reason to keep it hidden. I would. Don't forget, the original avengers script was "very waspy". Obviously it was just a first draft, but if she was a part of it, I wouldn't be surprised if he planned on using her in avengers 2.

I said higher profile.

Hemsworth had leading roles in Red Dawn and Cabin In The Woods (which were filmed before Thor) and was an up and coming leading man.

Evans had a higher profile than Stephanie Szostak has now pre-Captain America casting.

Hiddleston was an up and coming actor who had worked with Kenneth Brannagh a couple times and had some theatre buzz.

Marvel has already said they prefer up and coming young actors and actresses for their roles

I said higher profile.

.... having a leading role in 2 films that are yet to be distributed (or responded to) are honestly worthless. It's often response that makes you more worthy

Marvel has already said they prefer up and coming young actors and actresses for their roles

But she isn't that young she is 37 and Marvel likes signing actors up for multi-movies.

I'm not saying its impossible she is playing Janet but it does seem like a left field choice. People save said before actors in minor roles are playing big name characters and its not turned out to be true so I'm slightly less reluctant believe it this time around.

Sure there is. Whether or not she has a small role in the movie, in my eyes is a bit irrelevant. Even if it's small. It would still need to be kept secret. Cause if she is, chances are, she would play bit of a bigger role in all of phase 2. If that's the plan, if they have plans for her through out phase 2, and to introduce her in Ironman 1, then there is plenty of reason to keep it hidden. I would. Don't forget, the original avengers script was "very waspy". Obviously it was just a first draft, but if she was a part of it, I wouldn't be surprised if he planned on using her in avengers 2.

I don't see why the original Avengers was very Waspy, I don't see the fuss in the character at all, she is more of an annoyance than anything else.
She isn' that much of a "major player" that if she is or isn't around would make an difference at all other than to bump up the female count.

I don't see why the original Avengers was very Waspy, I don't see the fuss in the character at all, she is more of an annoyance than anything else.
She isn' that much of a "major player" that if she is or isn't around would make an difference at all other than to bump up the female count.

You don't like Pepper. You didn't like Talia. You don't like the idea of Wasp.

I'm starting to see a pattern here...

Wasp is a major player, just as Ant-Man is. She wouldn't be included just to up the female count.

You don't like Pepper. You didn't like Talia. You don't like the idea of Wasp.

I'm starting to see a pattern here...

Wasp is a major player, just as Ant-Man is. She wouldn't be included just to up the female count.

I don't read Batman so the only Talia I know if from the film, and she was utterly horrible, but that's down to the wooden acting and poor delivery.

Film Pepper isn't likeable from the character point and chosen actress, comic Pepper I like very much.

Wasp just seems to get in the way, in the comics I just skip her stuff and it doen't effect the story at all.

I would rather they add Mrs Marvel as that be a character on par with Thor and Cap for strength and power and also scupper DC as she is close to Wonder Woman.

I think she is playing nobody significant. The trailer seemed to be a kinda charged up scene between Stark and Szostak, so she may serve her purpose there and never be heard from again. Rebecca Hall will have a much more significant role as will Paltrow. There is only so much estrogen to go around.

Sam L Jackson also said there wouldn't be any Avengers in IM3.

Wasp is the heart of the Avengers and the everywoman. In a team of scientists, gods, soldiers, ect she is often a grounding influence on the team and breaks up alot of the arguements.

Janet is also very outgoing and friendly. She is the avenger who can get along with everyone and helps them gel as a unit.

Storywise, I guess that Stark is hiding mid-movie in this small town (wearing horrible clothing), and she is the bar/diner owner/waitress who recognizes him as the billionaire playboy. That's it. Finis. Nobody important in the big run, but crucial for whatever Tony is going through.

LOVING that new poster!

Made two Wallpapers based on the Stark Industries o.s. in the manip threads

Don't know if this has already been posted.

540862_10151454799772290_1584163333_n.jpg

Gawd I'm gonna have a heart attack keepin up with you Freshman lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985