World The Iron Spider Costum... be honest

Or maybe it can just come to life like Tony's 1999 suit & Spidey can kill it.

Dangerous said:
BEEECCAAUUSSE-

its not just a new crap temporary costume, its a sign of the times.
Joe Q and JMS keep changing SM more and more w/ every passing arc just for the sake of sensationalistic shock storylines to the point that now he is no longer the Spider-man we all once knew and loved.

If the only less than cool thing that had happened to SM in the last two years was that he had been given a cruddy costume, I could definitely handle that.
I have defended so many recent story arcs but I have to admit; you're right. You are absolutelu 100% correct. As it stands, he lives in a luxury apartment, is a member of the most respected superhero team on the planet, has a high-tech gadget suit-where's the persevering, underdog loner we grew up on? Why did Marvel feel the need to completely revamp their "flagship" character like this?:spidey:

The responses to this thread are another reminder that there's no group of people more obsessed, irrational, and angry about every decision made as comic book geeks. Anyone saying that this new costume is anywhere near as bad as the cosmic spider-man atrocity...Makes my head hurt. I agree just about every story and twist has been ridiculously ****ty, but there's nothing atrocious about him wearing an alternate costume for a little while. Reminds me of the fan letters from the Black spidey days. It's considered one of the coolest costumes ever now, but back then you had people writing in...(checks comic for exact statement) "Dear Marvel, cut the black cat, she's too flakey and spidey's new costume STINKS."

On a side note, another poll is kind of infuriating.

But it's not just the costume we're getting on here, but the events surrounding it. If it's a bad story PLUS we get that eyesore thrust upon us, then what?
On a side note, by & large the black suit was met w/thunderous applause, especially when it led to the creation of the overrated, overstated, overused Venom.

Chris Wallace said:
But it's not just the costume we're getting on here, but the events surrounding it. If it's a bad story PLUS we get that eyesore thrust upon us, then what?

For me at least, that's a big part of it....the suit is a constant reminder of the "Other" and Pete's downward spiral into the land of duh!...

...it's like the Norman Osborn ooooh pic.....the pic itself aint bad...it's the disease of a storyline and retcon from bad place it continually conjures up in my mind that's the problem :(

I'd like it alot more if it weren't red and yellow. We all know the red-blues are coming back so it won't kill me having him wear yet another new costume.

I love the fact that the two people to vote for the option "I like it better than the Red & Blues" have avoided posting here. Really speaks to their convictions, eh?

I have actually come across a couple of posters who said they like the sidekick suit more than his original duds. I can't imagine why.

Honestly, since I found out it was for Civil War, I've been pretty much fine with it. Obviously it's far Spidey's best costume ever, but it's for a storyline, one that may actually end up being pretty good, and they have no intention of getting it past then, so it's fine for a temporary thing, to me.

CConn said:
Honestly, since I found out it was for Civil War, I've been pretty much fine with it. Obviously it's far Spidey's best costume ever, but it's for a storyline, one that may actually end up being pretty good, and they have no intention of getting it past then, so it's fine for a temporary thing, to me.

If only the storyline didn't suck.

I honestly think that, while there would still be an exception here or there, if the Marvel team had been handling Spider-Man with more respect and better stories over the past few years, that there wouldn't have been nearly the backlash against the costume that there has been. I don't hate the costume for the sake of hating the costume (though I do think it looks stupid and the gliding thing pisses me off), I hate it because it represents years of mishandling and poor storytelling, on top of looking like crap.

"I have actually come across a couple of posters who said they like the sidekick suit more than his original duds. I can't imagine why."

It's all opinions. Matters of taste. Some people are Republicans, and I can't imagine why. But try to explain to them my way of thinking. They won't hear it. No sense "slamming" someone for their thought process. They're right and so are you.

I like that. But then again, that's why I try hard to avoid making any ad hominum remarks in my posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"