🇮🇱 The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

Yeah, what other numbers are they going to use?

I don't know. In an ideal situation, where combatants follow the Geneva Conventions and don't blend in with the civilian population, I'd hope for a ratio of less than 1:1. The only problem is Hamas likes to blur the line between civilians and combatants.

No, I have no idea why you'd think that. The point I was making was that the Gaza Health Ministry does not distinguish between combatant and non-combatant deaths. 4000 children were killed. Ok. How many were combatants? Gaza also has a very young average population.

How do you define a child combatant?

I guess the humsn shield argument didn't justify genocide so now you're going for child soldier.

How do you define a child combatant?

I guess the humsn shield argument didn't justify genocide so now you're going for child soldier.
Ridiculous. There is no genocide. Also, child soldiering is a thing. You could look ot up.

Once again, I don't think that when faced with a human shield, you don't gleefully shoot the shield is that controversial of an opinion.

There are broad definitions of genocide. Israel is hitting more than a few points.

I don't know. In an ideal situation, where combatants follow the Geneva Conventions and don't blend in with the civilian population, I'd hope for a ratio of less than 1:1. The only problem is Hamas likes to blur the line between civilians and combatants.

No, I have no idea why you'd think that. The point I was making was that the Gaza Health Ministry does not distinguish between combatant and non-combatant deaths. 4000 children were killed. Ok. How many were combatants? Gaza also has a very young average population.
Wow.

Ridiculous. There is no genocide. Also, child soldiering is a thing. You could look ot up.

So rhetorically if the Taliban had 10 year olds and 12 year olds as a human shield and as soldiers would you be comfortable carpet bombing them after 9/11.

Keep in mind these child soldiers and human shields are in their homeland.

Also how would you define ethnic cleansing?

Since killing over seven thousand civilians in an area you want to claim doesn't count.

Last edited:

The issue isn’t that they’re using Gaza’s numbers, it’s that Biden is calling them into question and still is relying on them.

So once again, how many innocent civilians is worth one Hamas soldier?

Okay, so let me rephrase the question. Do you think the death of children is morally permissible if they’re “combatants“?

The issue isn’t that they’re using Gaza’s numbers, it’s that Biden is calling them into question and still is relying on them.

So once again, how many innocent civilians is worth one Hamas soldier?

Okay, so let me rephrase the question. Do you think the death of children is morally permissible if they’re “combatants“?
I'm not convinced children could ever be considered true combatants, just like statutory rape is still rape. A kid can't fully be responsible in my opinion.

4000 children were killed. Ok. How many were combatants?
This comment is dehumanizing and absolutely abhorrent, as is your entire attitude in this discussion, and it will not be tolerated on this board.

Develop some humanity or basic empathy in your long time off, or don’t come back.

White Privilege. They fired a Mexican woman, but the white guy is allowed to stay

Last edited:
I can at least agree that Hamas is ISIS. :(

I can at least agree that Hamas is ISIS. :(

It’s easy to shun the Likud and Hamas. Likud and Netanyahu made things worse and what Hamas has done is unforgivable. But people forget how extreme Hamas became ten years prior.

But younger folks threatening to not vote in next year’s election because they paint Biden as a “pro genocide President” (a lie) are missing the bigger picture. If FDJT gets back into power because of these one issue voters, he WILL sign a federal Muslim ban (as well as ban abortion). And we won’t be able to vote again. Is that a worthy trade off?

I’ve said this again, people need to look at this conflict with both eyes open. And yet folks still complain even with an ongoing ceasefire and hostage exchange.

It’s easy to shun the Likud and Hamas. Likud and Netanyahu made things worse and what Hamas has done is unforgivable. But people forget how extreme Hamas became ten years prior.

But younger folks threatening to not vote in next year’s election because they paint Biden as a “pro genocide President” (a lie) are missing the bigger picture. If FDJT gets back into power because of these one issue voters, he WILL sign a federal Muslim ban (as well as ban abortion). And we won’t be able to vote again. Is that a worthy trade off?

I’ve said this again, people need to look at this conflict with both eyes open. And yet folks still complain even with an ongoing ceasefire and hostage exchange.
I agree. Trump getting back in will be much worse. I don't criticize Biden much because I can see that while he agrees Isreal has the right to defend itself, he has sympathy for the regular Gazans who weren't involved. It's a hard spot to be in and no way could Trump do as good a job. He'd just let Isreal blow the Gazans away just because they are Muslims.:(

And people are shocked what an oppressed people support. Assuming of course a legit poll.

White Privilege. They fired a Mexican woman, but the white guy is allowed to stay

Nah. It isn't white privilege in this case. I'm pretty sure Melissa would be fired if she was white too.

It's due to their positions. Noah is supporting Zionists, that's why he isn't suffering consequences.

This doesn’t justify genocide.

You’re playing right into the Republican trap, ie the purity test between pro Israel and pro Palestinian protesters.

Have we not learned from the atrocities committed during the Holocaust and 9/11?

You’re playing right into the Republican trap, ie the purity test between pro Israel and pro Palestinian protesters.

Have we not learned from the atrocities committed during the Holocaust and 9/11?
"A poll you found on Twitter doesn't justify genocide" is a purity test now?

Ah, yes, 9/11. Famously a situation the US government responded to in a level-headed and sensible manner.

Even if the poll is to be taken seriously, what do you expect a group of people under constant bombardment after 75 years of occupation/displacement to think? And why does it even matter? Do they need to be more empathetic to deserve not being ethnically cleansed?

And yet you wanna talk purity tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"