🇮🇱 The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

This is such a high-horsey take.

I hate to break it to you but almost every take you see on this topic is 'high-horsey' with every single one of us having the distinct benefit of being absolutely nowhere near the conflict or suffering.

So are you suggesting that people who support attacking innocent civilians in a poll are no longer considered innocent civilians themselves? Because hoo boy will that be a slippery slope, lemme tell ya. They are being wiped out by the government of a country many of whose citizens supported them being wiped out. There being a general feeling of “let’s see how they like it” among that population in the moment that they are losing their lives and their loved ones on a daily basis, and live in a state of constant fear of losing more, should hardly come as a surprise to anyone, whether we agree from the safe comfort of our homes or not. Does that make it right? Of course not. But what’s happening to them isn’t remotely right, either. It is extremely disturbing, to use your word. And it should be easy for anyone with empathy to see why so many of them could feel that way when under relentless siege and extreme duress, courtesy of the aforementioned nation. It’s not like Israel hasn’t been destroying any potential for goodwill with the Palestinian people for years or anything.

When people get pushed to a certain point, they tend to stop worrying about what’s “fair and rational” punishment for the side that’s doing the pushing and never paid them any such consideration.

Erm.. no that's not what I'm suggesting at all.

Where is the pushback when the other side has similar popular support when they do similar things.

It is an ugly, ugly business. Gaza has been called an open air prison. And you are expecting the majority of its residents to support the nation of their jailors.

There has been plenty of pushback, widespread protests & criticism from all over the globe against Israel/IDF & anyone supporting their inhuman bombardment of Gaza in their ongoing war with Hamas.

I would expect there to be next to no support for Israel from Gazans as a whole for obvious reasons, but I'd like to think, at least on a human level, that there would be minimal support for the recent actions of Hamas.

Yeah, and Northern Ireland also had a fair amount of terrorist groups that had public support. Some of them politicians now. I do not like to pass judgement on a people who are clearly being oppressed. Fighting oppression is rarely clean cut.

Yeah, and Northern Ireland also had a fair amount of terrorist groups that had public support. Some of them politicians now. I do not like to pass judgement on a people who are clearly being oppressed. Fighting oppression is rarely clean cut.

The support some of those terror organisations had during the peak of the troubles in Northern Ireland was namely only to do with their retaliations against those that had directly wronged them or their communities ie namely the opposing sides terror organisation(s) & in the IRA's case the British Army & the then, largely Protestant Police service. It wasn't for their actions when they'd senselessly bomb a public, civilian infested area or abduct & kill a seemingly random civilian. In fact quite the opposite as some of those murders ended up bringing the communities together in outrage & calls for peace, which is now predominantly what the country has.

They didn't even really have unwavering support for how they were achieving their goals within their own organisation(s), hence why some, "allegedly", got away from it into politics to try to achieve their goals by other means & others branched off to create new, separate organisations of similar name each with their own motives & agendas. (Pearce Brosnan's character in Jackie Chan's film, The Foreigner, is loosely based on one of those said politicians)

I would expect there to be next to no support for Israel from Gazans as a whole for obvious reasons, but I'd like to think, at least on a human level, that there would be minimal support for the recent actions of Hamas.

Most people won't show that kind of compassion when they have been constantly abused by another country.

In fact, as I was speaking about the response to 9/11, I don't remember so many Americans were worried about the innocents in another country at that moment.

The way Gaza was pummeled I'm amazed only 3 hostages died. :(

Y'know......I've been thinking about this and am pretty pissed off. I would LOVE to see my taxes going to help fix this problem instead of making arms dealers rich. Why is it was can spend billions of dollars to supply people with weapons instead of aid? NVM....I know the answer.

There is no way that isn't a problem. Not that Israel cares.

Not sure that AI cares if real humans die. :(

As if such a thing could ever be acceptable. :(

Netanyahu Says Israeli Military Will Remain in Gaza

Netanyahu Says Israeli Military Will Remain in Gaza

They will occupy it forever because I doubt they can fully eradicate Hamas. Like ISIS they will hang in there forever, even drastically reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"