The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

Unlike Trump, Bibi has an actual indictment sitting for him. Literally waiting for him to lose his protection.

Yeah. I know, but, you must admit, the parallels are fascinating. I was just rolling when I read his statement.

It's the fraud of the century!!

He made Bennett "incredible" offers!!!

Even if Bennett's government is no better than Netanyahu's, at least you get one more criminal in jail. LOL

Yeah. I know, but, you must admit, the parallels are fascinating. I was just rolling when I read his statement.

It's the fraud of the century!!

He made Bennett "incredible" offers!!!

Even if Bennett's government is no better than Netanyahu's, at least you get one more criminal in jail. LOL

It might be worse, actually. This guy once claimed that Palestinians were "still climbing trees" at the time of the ancient kingdom of Israel.

Right-wing leader Bennett: 'When Palestinians were climbing trees, we already had a Jewish state' - +972 Magazine

There's also this crazy interview with Mehdi Hasan, where he defends Israel's occupation of the West Bank because "it says so in the Bible":

It might be worse, actually. This guy once claimed that Palestinians were "still climbing trees" at the time of the ancient kingdom of Israel.

Right-wing leader Bennett: 'When Palestinians were climbing trees, we already had a Jewish state' - +972 Magazine

There's also this crazy interview with Mehdi Hasan, where he defends Israel's occupation of the West Bank because "it says so in the Bible":

Could be, but I believe the party he is trying to form a coalition with is considered "centrist" (parentheses for obvious reason). I would imagine, they would want some real concessions. I'm not really up on the current politics of Israel, but am pretty well informed about the formation of the state 70 odd years ago and the Palestinian people got the extremely short end of that stick.

Bennett up: “4 elections have damaged the state… ministers haven’t lead and instead spread hatred and discord among the nation, to cover their failure. It won’t happen again, not on my watch. The political crisis in Israel is unprecedented in the world. We can stop the madness”

Bennett: “There is no majority for a right-wing government. It’s a lie. It’s failed because no-one believes the promises will be fulfilled. Netanyahu isn’t trying to really form a right-wing government, he’s taking the national camp and the state of Israel to his personal Masada”

Bennett: “I’m going to work with all my strength to form a unity government with my friend Yair Lapid. All the parties are invited to take part. None of us can fulfill all our ideologies but this will be a government that will not be against any part of society, but for everyone”

Bennett: “To my friends in the right-wing. They’re trying to frighten you this will be a left-wing government. It will be more right-wing than the current government. The left has appointed (me) a former CEO of the settlers council and a man of Eretz Yisrael as prime minister”

Bennett: “This will not be a government that will return parts of the Land of Israel. It will be a government that will be capable of embarking on a war if necessary. There’s a well-oiled machine that is spreading lies in the heart of the public. Don’t be afraid of them.”

That’s it. Bennett is over. He’s finally burnt all his bridges with Netanyahu. There’s no way back. He’s now busy making his excuses to the right-wing for joining an anti-Netanyahu coalition with the centrists and left-wingers, but he’s on his way to the Prime Minister’s office.

“Netanyahu is trying to take the entire state of Israel to his personal Masada” was Bennett’s key line. I wonder who came up with that one.
Thread:

I still think the best way to put Israel in check is to stop selling them anymore American military assets until they recognize Palestine as a sovereign state. Cut them off entirely, ban Israeli lobbyists from Washington, and sanction the hell out of Israel.

Any conditions on the Palestinian authorities or should nothing they, or a potential state, do lead to sanctions? I think both are at fault so supporting only one doesn't make sense but sanctioning only one also doesn't make sense.

Can someone sparknotes the entire Israeli/Palestinian conflict? My basic understanding is that Israel was formed after WWII out of Palestinian land because reasons, and since then Israel has basically been eradicating them out of their land.

I feel like I'm missing some important info so I can have a more informed opinion outside of "Israel are Dicks and I don't know why our government keeps backing them."

Also Arab countries (who in 1947-1948 refused to accept any part of the land going to a Jewish state) attacked it to destroy it in 1948 and 1973 (while Israel launched wars against them in 1956 and 1967), Israel being able to make lasting peace agreements with some of the Arab countries including Egypt and Jordan and withdrawing from Gaza, Israeli leaders offered to allow a Palestinian state from some 90% of the West Bank in 2000 and 2008 which was refused by the Palestinian leaders I think because the deal would also involve giving up a right of return.

Last edited:
I don't think that has anything to do with saving Trump. This was like this before him, it will be for years to come.

Also Arab countries (who in 1947-1948 refused to accept any part of the land going to a Jewish state) attacked it to destroy it in 1948 and 1973

It's quite ahistorical to say that the Arab countries who attacked Israel in 1973 did so in order to destroy Israel. Whether they wanted to do so or not (and pretty clearly at least some of them did), they were well aware that this simply wouldn't be possible. Rather, their objectives were much more limited: launch a surprise attack to recapture the lands Israel had taken in 1967 (Egypt would take the Sinai, and Syria the Golan Heights), and hope that with the huge arsenal they had been given by the USSR that they would be able to inflict sufficiently heavy losses on the IDF to force Israel to the negotiating table.

What do the mean "form a government"? Do they not have a foundation of government that is always in place?

What do the mean "form a government"? Do they not have a foundation of government that is always in place?

A "government" means something different in countries with a parliamentary system. A government means a party or a coalition of parties has the majority of parliament. Its why Israel has been having so many elections, because no party could come up with a controlling stake coalition. They clearly have methods to allow the actual continuance of service of the state to work.

Think of government as "administration" with a parliamentary system.

Jerusalem Post - PM Netanyahu shares article calling him an 'icon of the global right'
“The overthrowing of Netanyahu will cause a collapse of the global right-wing – from the United States to The Hague,” read the tweet shared by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s official Twitter account.

The statement, made by Yamina MK Amichai Chikli, who has stated that he will not be joining the coalition led by Yamina leader Naftali Bennett and Yesh Atid leader Yair Lapid, was part of a larger article which was retweeted by Netanyahu on Friday afternoon.

Earlier in the article, Chikli called Netanyahu an “icon of the global right,” and compared him to former US president Donald Trump.

Last edited:
I have now clue. I'm not entirely sure how he is able to have a conference in the Knesset, but then again, I am not familiar enough with the details of how the Israeli government works.

Behold, the antisemitic support for Israel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"