The Jane Foster / Natalie Portman thread

Discussion in 'Thor Sequels' started by samsnee, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, I feel there would have to be something like that to draw her in rather than just her original character becoming a superhero.

kvz5 likes this.
  2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

To be honest who would have thought she'd be appearing in 3 films in the first place.

3. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

I've seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople, which was probably his most subdued film to date, and it was great
    that said, the humor in that was still much goofier than anything in the Jane/Thor comics, at the least
    not to say he can't do it, he just hasn't thus far in his career

4. HammerDown High Tide Or Low Tide

His most subdued movie was "Boy". Imo
    If you liked HFTWP then you would like "Boy" too. It's much more personal and raw.

Yes the humor was goofy in HFTWP but there was emotional weight as well. The way Taika makes you love Bella and then pulls the rug under you is both heartwarming and incredibly tragic. Boy also has plenty of those moments sprinkled throughout. And if the script for Jojo Rabbit is anything to go by then will see more of that vintage Taika style... "dramedy" as he calls it.

MagicStingRay likes this.
  5. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I hope we get to see a bunch of cool new locations.

6. roxas99 Registered

I agree

I don't for one second believe that Portman has any interest in suddenly being the real lead of the Thor franchise and is now going to appear in tons of sequels in the MCU going forward. If they were going to in that direction they would have created a new character and cast a younger actress to replace Chris Hensworth. kind of like what they are currently doing with 007.....

Portman only has 1 more movie on her MCU contract left and she is not going to suddenly change that

i don't know if they keep the cancer story line but I do believe that this will likely be the final film for Jane foster in the MCU

HammerDown likes this.
  7. Silvermoth Avenger

Hey, what about we aim for cgi as good as the cats trailer!

Dark Raven likes this.
  8. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

I never expected to see her again.

9. spider-neil spins a web any size!

I don't care how they do it but they have to make Lady Thor imposing. Clever camera work, forced perspective, CG, different actors, I don't care. If it's Portman simply in a costume that is going to look so lame.

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Depends on what kind of costume. I don't expect she'll be wearing a helmet like Hemsworth hasn't been either.

11. jolldan Registered

I can't see her getting a lot bigger than she did in Star Wars.
    [​IMG]
    However in her defence she did put this in her Instagram post "(Remember this as the before picture for when I get jacked)" so maybe she's gonna put in some serious work (and a few shots of tren:funny:) to try and seriously bulk up for the role.

12. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

I'm sure she'll put in a good effort in training, but she won't reach a relative physical level to what many male superhero actors have done. No other female superhero actor has done that either though, so we'll just have to take it for what it is.

13. Mr. Peanut Registered

If the hammer ends up altering her physical form, it'll kind of beg the question of why it didn't do the same for Fat Thor. Whenever people were like "why didn't the hammer turn Thor buff again?" other people would reply with "the hammer doesn't work like that". But if the hammer actually DOES work like that, then why DIDN'T it work like that?

I think it's best if it just changes her hair and clothes, for the sake of consistency.

14. jolldan Registered

Also just my opinion but personally I would give her the version of the helmet she has as Thor. Hemsworth wore it sparingly at best so it wouldn't feel rinse and repeat and the fact that hers covers half of her face would help her trying to pull of that physically imposing threating warrior rather than just having Portman's lovely face on its own.

Yeah I just mean in general she seems to have quite a dainty frame so her trying to get an imposing figure might just not be on the cards for her. Agreed the guys take it to a whole other level, the most impressive body physically I have seen yet from a women in a superhero movie is still Gal.

Dark Raven likes this.
  15. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

No, she will not be able to get very large, but then again her strength will be magical so I guess it technically doesn't have to matter, but it would certainly be more superheroic.

I don't think Gal is a standout. She looks pretty normal when in a relaxed state, it's just that she was really skinny before (like Natalie). I think Tessa is a better example as she managed to get to the point where she has some muscle definition on her arms even in a relaxed state.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Yellow Cyclone Pessimist

everybody knows the queen of getting into shape in the mcu is evangeline :hrt:

BoredGuy likes this.
  17. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

lol she's the one superhero actress i would most certainly not f*** with

18. Fosterson Registered

Technically four, if you count Endgame.

19. Silvermoth Avenger

I can’t wait to see the mighty Thor hanging out with captain marvel. That’s going to be such a cool scene to see