Sequels The Jane Foster / Natalie Portman thread

Besides the chance to work with Taika, this is the type of story that I can see being attractive to someone like Natalie.
Yeah, I feel there would have to be something like that to draw her in rather than just her original character becoming a superhero.

I doubt it. To me this smells like a "one and done" for Ms. Portman. I doubt she'll be sticking around for Avengers 5.
To be honest who would have thought she'd be appearing in 3 films in the first place.

You say this based on what you saw from Ragnarok.
If you watch some of his previous work you might feel otherwise.

Most people have a distorted perception of Taika as a director... mostly because of Ragnarok.
Before he even did Thor he was known to trade a fine line and balance between tragedy and humor. Granted Ragnarok leaned a lot on the humor but he's more than just that.

I've seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople, which was probably his most subdued film to date, and it was great
that said, the humor in that was still much goofier than anything in the Jane/Thor comics, at the least
not to say he can't do it, he just hasn't thus far in his career

I've seen Hunt for the Wilderpeople, which was probably his most subdued film to date, and it was great
that said, the humor in that was still much goofier than anything in the Jane/Thor comics, at the least
not to say he can't do it, he just hasn't thus far in his career
His most subdued movie was "Boy". Imo
If you liked HFTWP then you would like "Boy" too. It's much more personal and raw.

Yes the humor was goofy in HFTWP but there was emotional weight as well. The way Taika makes you love Bella and then pulls the rug under you is both heartwarming and incredibly tragic. Boy also has plenty of those moments sprinkled throughout. And if the script for Jojo Rabbit is anything to go by then will see more of that vintage Taika style... "dramedy" as he calls it.

I hope we get to see a bunch of cool new locations.

I doubt it. To me this smells like a "one and done" for Ms. Portman. I doubt she'll be sticking around for Avengers 5.

I agree

I don't for one second believe that Portman has any interest in suddenly being the real lead of the Thor franchise and is now going to appear in tons of sequels in the MCU going forward. If they were going to in that direction they would have created a new character and cast a younger actress to replace Chris Hensworth. kind of like what they are currently doing with 007.....

Portman only has 1 more movie on her MCU contract left and she is not going to suddenly change that

i don't know if they keep the cancer story line but I do believe that this will likely be the final film for Jane foster in the MCU

Hulk is easier to achieve because he's green. Thanos is pink. Flesh tones would be much harder.
I don't see the problem with casting a different actress to play female Thor. James Earl Jones voices Vader and a bodybuilder plays the part. Having Portman in a costume is a huge mistake (IMHO).

Hey, what about we aim for cgi as good as the cats trailer!

I don't care how they do it but they have to make Lady Thor imposing. Clever camera work, forced perspective, CG, different actors, I don't care. If it's Portman simply in a costume that is going to look so lame.

I don't care how they do it but they have to make Lady Thor imposing. Clever camera work, forced perspective, CG, different actors, I don't care. If it's Portman simply in a costume that is going to look so lame.

Depends on what kind of costume. I don't expect she'll be wearing a helmet like Hemsworth hasn't been either.

I can't see her getting a lot bigger than she did in Star Wars.

However in her defence she did put this in her Instagram post "(Remember this as the before picture for when I get jacked)" so maybe she's gonna put in some serious work (and a few shots of tren:funny:) to try and seriously bulk up for the role.

I'm sure she'll put in a good effort in training, but she won't reach a relative physical level to what many male superhero actors have done. No other female superhero actor has done that either though, so we'll just have to take it for what it is.

If the hammer ends up altering her physical form, it'll kind of beg the question of why it didn't do the same for Fat Thor. Whenever people were like "why didn't the hammer turn Thor buff again?" other people would reply with "the hammer doesn't work like that". But if the hammer actually DOES work like that, then why DIDN'T it work like that?

I think it's best if it just changes her hair and clothes, for the sake of consistency.

Also just my opinion but personally I would give her the version of the helmet she has as Thor. Hemsworth wore it sparingly at best so it wouldn't feel rinse and repeat and the fact that hers covers half of her face would help her trying to pull of that physically imposing threating warrior rather than just having Portman's lovely face on its own.

I'm sure she'll put in a good effort in training, but she won't reach a relative physical level to what many male superhero actors have done. No other female superhero actor has done that either though, so we'll just have to take it for what it is.

Yeah I just mean in general she seems to have quite a dainty frame so her trying to get an imposing figure might just not be on the cards for her. Agreed the guys take it to a whole other level, the most impressive body physically I have seen yet from a women in a superhero movie is still Gal.

Yeah I just mean in general she seems to have quite a dainty frame so her trying to get an imposing figure might just not be on the cards for her. Agreed the guys take it to a whole other level, the most impressive body physically I have seen yet from a women in a superhero movie is still Gal.

No, she will not be able to get very large, but then again her strength will be magical so I guess it technically doesn't have to matter, but it would certainly be more superheroic.

I don't think Gal is a standout. She looks pretty normal when in a relaxed state, it's just that she was really skinny before (like Natalie). I think Tessa is a better example as she managed to get to the point where she has some muscle definition on her arms even in a relaxed state.

gal-gadot-wonder-woman-940x569.jpg
03-tessa-thompson.w700.h467.jpg

lol she's the one superhero actress i would most certainly not f*** with

I can’t wait to see the mighty Thor hanging out with captain marvel. That’s going to be such a cool scene to see

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"