The Joker Thread - Part 1

I'd be down for that. He had some great nervous energy on Twin Peaks that I'd love to see carry over to Joker.

Of course if Joaquin wanted to give it a go I don't think Reeves would say no.

Last edited:
I don’t want a Joker that’s 20 years older than Bruce. Probably best if Joaquin’s Joker remains a one-off. I’m fine with the unconventional look for a standalone movie, but I want something more classic for the mainline Batman series.

Caleb Landry Jones stands out as a great pick.

I think we should also keep a close eye on Will Poulter (who was originally cast as Pennywise)

Those two are probably my favorite options at the moment.

Been saying it for years, and he's probably a bit old now, but still a great actor, Richard E Grant, he can go between crazy and tragic in a heart beat, put the makeup on him and he would be the most comic acurate Joker we've had.

I'm telling you, this dude is it.

87.jpg

Been thinking about this. I’m on board.

Been saying it for years, and he's probably a bit old now, but still a great actor, Richard E Grant, he can go between crazy and tragic in a heart beat, put the makeup on him and he would be the most comic acurate Joker we've had.
That's a hella interesting choice. Maybe for a Dark Knight Returns-esque version.

If they bring Leto's Joker back, I think they should rewrite his relationship with Harley, and focus on his creepy, twisted side. As for the design, the tattoos are okay, but I wouldn't mind if they removed them for a more traditional look. They really should get rid of the 'Damaged' tat, though. Remove the jewelry and have him button up his shirts, but keep the caps and flashiness. If he returns, he should look the way we thought he would in those first leaked photos from way back in 2015 I.E. this:2ead6f1404c9625732140729cefb37ee382f9337_hq.jpg

Last edited:
I actually didn't hate Leto-Joker to quite the same extent a lot of people did, but yeah, if you're re-casting Bats, don't bring him back as Mr J.

I actually didn't hate Leto-Joker to quite the same extent a lot of people did, but yeah, if you're re-casting Bats, don't bring him back as Mr J.
I just know that there's a good movie in SS; it was just ruined by all those reshoots and WB's desire to just copy Marvel Studios instead of doing their own thing, and it shows. If Leto just has a better script and direction, he can very easily be a good Joker; even in SS, like the movie itself, I can clearly see potential in his Joker. It just needs to be brought out more.

He was good in what I saw of Preacher but he totally sucked in that Escape from New York ripoff movie where he was the main villain. Pass.

Not that I need to see the Joker again in a Batman movie anytime soon, but how about Sam Riley?

0493b559148e492e1bb7b0652193553e.jpg

333272.jpg

I really think Jared just need a better director to guide his performance and also for his Joker to lose the Damaged tat. I really think he'd be great if he just had someone to reign him in.

Everything about Leto’s Joker just felt off; it wasn’t just him. I think Ayer had this weird idea of making the Joker some sort of flamboyant gangster or something; basically James Franco in Spring Breakers if he wasn’t a complete poser. It just didn’t work. I think Leto might have had it in him to play more of a classic Joker, but sadly, the well has been poisoned and I’d rather not see him in the role again.

I could definitely get on board with Will Poulter as MR's Joker.

I don't think it's that deep personally. Ayer just had an idea that he never truly had time to flesh out. Pair Leto with a talented director that has time and with pretty minimal reworking, you could have a solid Joker iteration.

I'm fine with recasting mind you, just saying Leto is a talented actor who can do the role justice under a better vision.

This Joker is tainted beyond repair, imo. Like it would take a phenomenal 180 of a performance for people to start reconsidering how Leto is in the part.

It was just 10 years ago we had a 2nd iconic performance for this role, which went on to became an Academy Award winner. We had an anarchist who brought an entire city to its knees, to a narcissist edgelord throwing his ex-gf’s clothes out a house window like a scorned high school lover. I cannot fathom how we got to this place.

Un-freakin-believable.

Worse is Phoenix’s turn to right this ship is only a few months away. And not shortly after we’re back to this BS.

Eh, I don't know enough about his role in BoP to form any opinion on it. As someone who was not a fan of Leto's Joker, I don't think it would take much to improve on it.

If it's a negligible cameo that lasts a matter of seconds, I couldn't be bothered to care about it. In fact, it'd almost be funny if the last time we see Leto's Joker isn't even Leto at all.

This Joker is tainted beyond repair, imo. Like it would take a phenomenal 180 of a performance for people to start reconsidering how Leto is in the part.

It was just 10 years ago we had a 2nd iconic performance for this role, which went on to became an Academy Award winner. We had an anarchist who brought an entire city to its knees, to a narcissist edgelord throwing his ex-gf’s clothes out a house window like a scorned high school lover. I cannot fathom how we got to this place.

Un-freakin-believable.

Worse is Phoenix’s turn to right this ship is only a few months away. And not shortly after we’re back to this BS.

What if the Phoenix version is bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"