The Joker Thread - Part 1

I saw someone suggest him in another thread and I’m feelin it.

Rami Malek as The Joker
giphy.gif
tumblr_piq8o1ndA01rsb51ro1_250.gif

Screen_Shot_2019-03-04_at_1.40.44_PM.png

7V1W5Fvh.jpeg

:awesome:

I could see him bringing a unique-ness to the role that could be valuable. He also as a lot more fans coming off of Bohemian Rhapsody.

I'm leaning more towards Will Poulter lately. Talk him into it, Reeves.

Rami Malek looks similar to Cameron Monaghan, who played Jeremiah and Jerome Valeska, aka "Joker", in Gotham.

nLVERkZe_400x400.jpg

Can’t speak to his acting, but I feel like Poulter would look almost comically young next to Pattinson.

Give me Caleb Landry Jones.

Rami Malek would be great and give a pretty unique interpretation. Would be a great match for Pattinson as well

I'd say Rami Malek or Will Poulter personally. Malek especially seems like he'd be a brilliant pick for the part.

Poulter's an exceptional actor who would work v well against RP. Can imagine the chemistry already.

I saw someone suggest him in another thread and I’m feelin it.

Rami Malek as The Joker
giphy.gif
tumblr_piq8o1ndA01rsb51ro1_250.gif

Screen_Shot_2019-03-04_at_1.40.44_PM.png

7V1W5Fvh.jpeg

:awesome:
I wasn't sure about that choice at all at first, but seeing him in that very Joker-looking mime makeup changes my mind just a little bit. I could see it working, probably.

I don't know about Malek. He's a bit too obvious of a choice to me. Also, I'm not a huge fan of his performance as Freddie. It felt more like a really good impression than a deep, fully formed performance. I understand he has done really good work in Mr. Robot, so I am open to it, but it feels a bit repetitive after signing on as the villain for the new Bond film.

Honestly, if Phoenix is out-of-this-world amazing part of me still thinks they should just bring him in. There's always a chance that the entire Joker movie ends up being a lie, since it looks like it will be told from Joker's POV and Joker is probably THE most unreliable narrator you could possibly have. So it could all just be "one possible version" of events, which is what an Elseworlds tale is anyway.

Yeah, there'd be an age gap but I don't think it's the end of the world. I'm just saying, if Phoenix's Joker is super popular and Pattinson's Batman is super popular, they'd be crazy not to entertain the possibility of having them meet on screen.

Caleb Landry Jones
Iwan Rheon
Michael Pitt
Rami Malek
Will Poulter

I wish someone would change the name of this thread. :(

Caleb Landry Jones
I know it's an obvious choice, but Caleb has been a favorite of mine for some times now. I would love to see him play the Joker
I wish someone would change the name of this thread. :(
Same but Leto isn't officially out, right ? They even used his version in BoP. I wish they cast someone else tbh.

I know it's an obvious choice, but Caleb has been a favorite of mine for some times now. I would love to see him play the Joker

Same but Leto isn't officially out, right ? They even used his version in BoP. I wish they cast someone else tbh.

Not 100% official in regards to Leto but from everything we are hearing coming from WB it really sounds like this movie is pushing away from the DCEU and might be it's own universe. A recent interview (I think with a WB producer or exec, can't remember) was saying that it's possible they might try to fit this movie in down the road but nothing is set in stone.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Leto is done. He's certainly not going to be The Joker in Reeves' film/s, assuming the character even shows up.

Definitely. Reeves would want to move away from the DCEU and have his films dictated solely by his artistic decisions.

I've said this before, but if he doesn't get to play The Joker, he'd still be a fantastic Carnage for the MCU (if they ever decide to go beyond PG-13, which wouldn't be a bad idea at all). He looks younger just like Tom Holland, so he has THAT working for him also. Idk, it's just a thought. I could also see Cameron Monaghan, Bill Skarsgard, and Aaron Paul as Carnage.

Honestly, if Phoenix is out-of-this-world amazing part of me still thinks they should just bring him in. There's always a chance that the entire Joker movie ends up being a lie, since it looks like it will be told from Joker's POV and Joker is probably THE most unreliable narrator you could possibly have. So it could all just be "one possible version" of events, which is what an Elseworlds tale is anyway.

Yeah, there'd be an age gap but I don't think it's the end of the world. I'm just saying, if Phoenix's Joker is super popular and Pattinson's Batman is super popular, they'd be crazy not to entertain the possibility of having them meet on screen.
I’ll keep hoping for this. The age gap also wouldn’t be an issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"