The Joker Thread - Part 1

Joaquin Phoenix is never gonna do this. Having read the script for Joker, I can see why that's the only superhero film he's done (and likely ever will do) - it's a super showy role, the kind that he could get his third Oscar nomination for if he goes all in. It's like an anti-super hero movie in so many ways, since the whole thing hinges on his performance over the plot.
I think Ryan Gosling could be an awesome Joker. He's not really shown that side of himself before, and he's a great actor... only issue is they wanted him for Joker for Suicide Squad, and he said no due to the multi-film contract (something that Leto's never gonna end up taking advantage of anyways).

Joaquin Phoenix is never gonna do this. Having read the script for Joker, I can see why that's the only superhero film he's done (and likely ever will do) - it's a super showy role, the kind that he could get his third Oscar nomination for if he goes all in.

You mean his fourth Oscar nomination.

I still think Jake Gyllenhaal is the best pick for Joker going forward... He'd definitely give the same level of dedication/acting that Joaquin seems to be doing and he apparently has already met with Matt Reeves so he's on Matt's radar.

There's the Mysterio element though, which may put a wrench in it.

I’ll keep hoping for this. The age gap also wouldn’t be an issue for me.

I agree... it would be like Willem Dafoe - he is 63 and would make a great joker. Let's say this joker gets put away for 20 years, due to the events of the movie - he'll be ready to go and seek revenge on the Waynes and gotham when he is released at 64 years old.

The Batman can have a sequel that alludes to the joker, stock footage of the movie can be used if needed, it can be like an urban legend then the 3rd movie, batman goes in to arkham after being tormented by the joker via mail, his links to the outside world and that image we see, of pheonix, aged up, angry, under nourished, venting.... with death in his eyes... that'll be an awesome moment. what a stand off.

I think Ryan Gosling could be an awesome Joker. He's not really shown that side of himself before, and he's a great actor... only issue is they wanted him for Joker for Suicide Squad, and he said no due to the multi-film contract (something that Leto's never gonna end up taking advantage of anyways).

Are you sure it wasn’t because he read the script?

Are you sure it wasn’t because he read the script?
They didn't have a script ready then. Maybe there not being a script is what made him say no, and the PR was just that he didn't want to sign a multi-film contract.

iKZcL4K.jpg

Make him not take care of his teeth for a few months, dye his hair green, give him a cool scary white makeup that makes him look uglier and he'd be perfect.

image.webp

63182502607d56aeb49124179b7e1d0d.jpg

DeekW_FX4AAQetG.jpg

I also really like his green eyes and his pointy chin for the role that's reminiscent of the way he's drawn sometimes. Seriously, you could already do very cool fanarts with him.

Nah , he's a great actor but he looks like he's still in his late teens

You really out here trying to make Batman: The Teenage Years, huh? :o

I mean, if they managed to make Cameron Monaghan look 80 years older in a mediocre TV budget I'd imagine making Chalamet look creepy on a film budget with better people working on his looks would make him look fine.

Too boyish in my opinion.

Jake Gyllenhaal on the other hand seems like a solid casting choice. I really like how he growed as an actor on his later films and he got that bipolar crackhead intensity when he wants.

Too boyish in my opinion.

Jake Gyllenhaal on the other hand seems like a solid casting choice. I really like how he growed as an actor on his later films and he got that bipolar crackhead intensity when he wants.

Jake would nail it! I’m not sure if he’d take the role though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"