Jessica Jones The Jessica Jones Easter Egg Thread (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
If you see any easter eggs or references to the MCU, the comics, etc. post them here!

4 episodes in, and so far, lots of mentions of "The Incident." Haven't noticed much else, other than Trish's past as "Patsy Walker."

Luke mentioned Hulk as the "green guy" in 3 and Pats talked about yeah, The Incident when she was calling out Kilgrave.

Kid in a Cap costume spotted in Episode 5!

In Episode 1 ... that dude that Jessica lift his car. He said: "You're one of them!!"

Maybe I look too much into it, but as part of the MCU, I think that was a reference to the "Inhumans" that are made public in AoS by the president and the ATCU.

^ It also sets up Civil War (growing distrust of superheroes amongst the general populace).

Eh, I think this is set before the Terrigenesis outbreak.

1. Episode 2 states the bus crash happened 1 year ago in Jan 2014, which means this is about Jan 2015 or just a few months later. If it was real time then rounding down to 1 year instead of up to 2 years is just weird.
2. Terrigenesis outbreak happened May 2015 and didn't become noticable until later on. Shield is pretty close to real time so start of season 3 is roughly September or the last quarter of 2015 and it wasn't confirmed to the public at all until the first episode where the President addressed the problem and announced the ATCU to regulate/contain those affected.
3. When Luke and Jessica talk in episode 3, Luke doesn't seem to be aware of many other people with gifts/abilities apart from the Avengers, Jessica and himself. I'm sure both of them would know about the Inhumans, especially after the president announced it. The whole world would know and it's not a subject you'd forget, people turning into "aliens" with powers. And if this is set after that announcement, it just makes Luke seem dumb.

Other eggs I spotted

Of course "Jewel" costume and name.
Patsy Walker
Kid in a Cap costume.
Much more references to the Battle of New York. While Daredevil shyed away from it (kinda), so far it hasn't just been referred to the incident. We hear more about how the Avengers are seen as destructive and even killers, rubble and fire raining down from the sky and aliens were name dropped, something Daredevil didn't do.
SWEET CHRISTMAS
"I'm bulletproof" line from the comic, a bluff that's brilliantly called.
The viewpoints of superhumans and Civil War is again teased and built up.

Only starting episode 6 now

Eh, these characters aren't reliable with specific info. Malcolm states that elves don't exist as a fact. It's confirmed in the MCU by this point elves DO exist. They attacked London in 2013! :o

Just baseing this on logic from the info we have from both shows.

But of course the big missing thing is Avengers tower. Which is really starting to annoy me. It's the one thing that stopped Daredevil being a 10/10 for me. And will probably be the same thing with JJ (cause there doesn't seem much else wrong with it at all so far). It SEEMS trivial but when you are as invested and care about the continuity as much as the story then it just drags you out of it for a few moments...especially in episode 2 when it specifically focuses on the Metlife building for a few seconds. I mean. Yea. I understand it costs money but they already have the model from AoU. Placing it in really shouldn't be hard.
Just feels like they are trolling now.

They use the tower in the promo posters, too. AoS also used it in the pilot. That's just a screwup/budget issue.

Mahoney from DD! Episode 7

How close is bad place's Kitchen supposed to be to Manhatten? New York is extremely big, and who knows if he Avengers Tower is visible all the way from bad place's Kitchen.

The problem is that the real world building that Avengers Tower replaces is clearly visible, plus MCU bad place's Kitchen is specifically the area that was devastated by the Chitauri Invasion, which happened within a few blocks of the tower.

Yea there's a handful of times (onto episode 10) where the tower should be visable. And for those few shots I fail to see why they didn't do it.

Claire Temple is in episode 13 and talks about Daredevil/Matt Murdock, never mentioned by name.

Luke Cage's dead wife is Reva, who was his girlfriend from the comics.

[blackout]White Tiger[/blackout] mentioned in ep 6 :D :D :D
The [blackout]Angela Del Toro[/blackout] one

Ep 1 laser eyes made me think of Cyclops.
Ep 2 I may be reachong here, but in the hospital scene a guy in uniform is trying to find out about someone called Wilson.

I think the Laser Eyes thing is a shot at Super Girl.

-Jessica's first scene was her first scene in Alias.
-The Dynamic Duo line.

That's all I've caught so far.

I'd say the laser eyes thing would more likely be a Cyclops reference than a Supergirl reference. That whole thing where citizens are becoming terrified of powered people is very X-Men.

Of course, it could always be a simple joke about a generic power that literally thousands of comic characters have had a variation of. bad place, multiple Dragon Ball characters have a variation of that power.

Lazer eye doesnt exactly seem like a cyclops reference. Its a pretty generic super power. And it wasnt a jab a supergirl lol.

Imma look at the Lazer I scene as a jab at Supergirl. Makes the scene feel lot sassier that way. At least for me.

For the record before anyone comes at me. I love the Supergirl show.

Anyone mention her Jewel costume? I was lol at that scene.

"Whatever doesn't kill you..."
"Makes you stranger."

Mickey Mouse lamp.

"Like Obi-Wan Kenobi."
"But cooler."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"