Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

Oh yeah I knew about that one, but how do we know he actually had scenes with the other cast here? Being in the same location as the Squad doesn't mean he shared a scene with them because he was also technically in the same location with them on the roof when he opened fire on the Squad and Waller when he went to rescue Harley. But as we know he never actually interacted with any of the characters in that scene except for Quinn.

Well, you also have Leto talking about shooting enough footage to complete a full other flick. I know he gets hate, and some of it rightfully so, but the actors hold no power when it comes to the final assembly line. He seemed angry and disappointed during the interview. Eh. I put most of the blame on WB and Ayer, but that is for another thread.

Well, you also have Leto talking about shooting enough footage to complete a full other flick. I know he gets hate, and some of it rightfully so, but the actors hold no power when it comes to the final assembly line. He seemed angry and disappointed during the interview. Eh.

I'm not blaming him for the footage that was cut, or the overall crappy quality of the movie. But we've no reason to believe he had scenes cut with anyone other than nonentity characters or Harley, much like he did in the final cut. His story in general was very Harley focused. He was basically a cog in her arc, if you can call what she had an arc.

I felt he looked borderline fat in BVS, and in Justice League he looked cartoony. I honestly never dug any of his looks in the snyderverse. Something just looked so off to me

I think it was the desire to ape Miller as much as possible - big, chunky, heavyset Batman. This works better on the page than in real life. Though, I do think there are times when the BvS Batman looks great. It’s certainly more aesthetically pleasing than the TDK suit. But he also just looks plain fat a fair amount. Style over substance a bit.

The Batfleck suit in BvS is still one of the best superhero outfits ever. He does look like a roided up gorilla in some shots but it never really bothered me honestly. From an aesthetic perspective it’s easy to see why Affleck was generally well-received.

Batfleck is the best Batman to date, costume and vibe wise. That suit if not perfect was every step into the right direction, a shame they ruined everything for JL.

Sfr4R5S.jpg

Aooj1Iy.jpg

ThzeR0x.jpg

Batman has more movies than any other superhero but I still think we have yet to see the definitive Batman. All of them have their merits but all of them have some glaring weaknesses IMO.

Ledger will likely forever the definitive Joker for me, even though I have a lot of faith in Joaquin.

Batman has more movies than any other superhero but I still think we have yet to see the definitive Batman. All of them have their merits but all of them have some glaring weaknesses IMO.

Bale was the closest in character, Affleck the closest aesthetically (though a little slimmer would have been even better). Slap the two together and you’ve probably got it.

Bale was the closest in character, Affleck the closest aesthetically (though a little slimmer would have been even better). Slap the two together and you’ve probably got it.
Bale is the best Batman for me of all of them. Affleck is probably the worst. :(

But guys like Gosling and Joaquin are one and done film type actors. It seems like the only way they will sign to any of these movies. If I get an elseworld type Batman with Gosling, I just need one.
Just make it the be all end all Batman movie and that’d be fine. I’d only need one. Then they could do a future Batman movie with Keaton

Set it in Arkham and show the final battle between Batman (Gosling) and Joker (Phoenix). Throw in a couple other villains and that would be the definitive Batman movie

I think it was the desire to ape Miller as much as possible - big, chunky, heavyset Batman. This works better on the page than in real life. Though, I do think there are times when the BvS Batman looks great. It’s certainly more aesthetically pleasing than the TDK suit. But he also just looks plain fat a fair amount. Style over substance a bit.
true, but it just ended up making him look way too bulky on screen. I mean sure its more comic accurate than TDK suit but at least the actual character in TDK was true to the character, unlike batfleck haha

If... and I know it’s a big IF... they were to ever team Joaqker up with Batman, a live action interpretation of this version of Bats really is the only possible choice:

2wpiaup.jpg

I was never that keen on the idea of the blue suit in live action until I saw the retro aesthetic this Joker movie is going for... and now I want to see it more than anything.

I really wonder where that train video falls in the order of the film. He's obviously the Joker, relishing in the chaos that is occurring around him, but is this a halfway point, something closer to the end, or an opening scene that we'll see how we got to this point?

If... and I know it’s a big IF... they were to ever team Joaqker up with Batman, a live action interpretation of this version of Bats really is the only possible choice:

2wpiaup.jpg

I was never that keen on the idea of the blue suit in live action until I saw the retro aesthetic this Joker movie is going for... and now I want to see it more than anything.
Oval symbol is a must breh breh

While I might be setting myself up for disappointment, I'd love it if the movie actually looked like it was filmed in the 80's. Late 70's/early 80's New York is one of my favorite time periods, aesthetically. I love the griminess of it.

2wpiaup.jpg

Same. I wasn't confident the blue-suit would translate well to live-action, but it looks like it could work in this style they're doing. I really want to see it done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"