Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

Starting to think that the whole
A.Fleck and Bruce Wayne being brothers in this film
thing from a few months ago is indeed true.

Why do I get the feeling he won't actually be the Joker, but he will be the guy who inspires the Joker in the end?

9b273337a22b92f6ed36bacdcc2de6b456d30727_hq.gif

It begins to remind me of B89 plot twist.

But holy damn at least Bruce Wayne is in this. God exists.

Exactly. “I’m not used to this/I don’t want this to happen” isn’t the same as “This doesn’t make sense.”

Personally, I don’t expect to see Batman at all.

This only applies if you don’t believe Batman is as intrinsic to who The Joker is as his green hair, white face, and homicidal instincts.

If you do believe Batman is that intrinsic to who The Joker is, then it doesn’t make sense. It’s essentially not The Joker anymore.

No Batman in a Joker film is like no gags or irreverence in a Deadpool movie. No Bruce Banner in a Hulk movie. No Catholicism in Daredevil... and so on.

If you believe that a Joker movie doesn’t need Batman then that’s fine, but IMO it’s a fundamental flaw in a filmmaker’s approach to The Joker if they don’t see it.

So this movie now has an Alfred and young Bruce Wayne.
Thought you misspoke but looks like this was "confirmed" earlier today as well.

'Joker': Douglas Hodge Cast As Batman's Butler Alfred Pennyworth

joker-alfred-1140321.jpeg

Never heard or seen the fella, but I think this all but confirms for me this is truly the stand-alone they were saying all along. I just can't see Reeves being alright with core members of the Batman lore being cast and developed as he's working on his own film.

Starting to think that the whole
A.Fleck and Bruce Wayne being brothers in this film
thing from a few months ago is indeed true.

Considering their age difference I just don't see how that's possible. But I do agree it's dumb enough to happen.

Considering their age difference I just don't see how that's possible. But I do agree it's dumb enough to happen.
Makes plenty sense, really. Look at how old Thomas Wayne is.

I could see this movie ending with Joker being the one who kills Bruce's parents. Implies Bruce later becomes Batman more directly because of Joker being inspiration for Bruce to become the masked/costumed psycho Batman kinda actually is. New way to suggest Batman wouldn't exist without Joker, says more about Batman without having to show it.

Reversing the idea that Batman created Joker is something I can live with.

This only applies if you don’t believe Batman is as intrinsic to who The Joker is as his green hair, white face, and homicidal instincts.

I guess I don’t then.

If you do believe Batman is that intrinsic to who The Joker is, then it doesn’t make sense. It’s essentially not The Joker anymore.

If you say so. We agree on a lot of things, but this isn’t going to be one of them, I’m afraid.

No Batman in a Joker film is like no gags or irreverence in a Deadpool movie. No Bruce Banner in a Hulk movie. No Catholicism in Daredevil... and so on.

I (obviously) disagree. Not a single one of those comparisons are accurate from my point of view.

If you believe that a Joker movie doesn’t need Batman then that’s fine, but IMO it’s a fundamental flaw in a filmmaker’s approach to The Joker if they don’t see it.

Then you might as well not bother with this movie then, because Bruce Wayne is in it, and he’s not even old enough to drive.

I could see this movie ending with Joker being the one who kills Bruce's parents. Implies Bruce later becomes Batman more directly because of Joker being inspiration for Bruce to become the masked/costumed psycho Batman kinda actually is. New way to suggest Batman wouldn't exist without Joker, says more about Batman without having to show it.

The Joker killing Bruce's parent isn't a new thing as it was sort of done in the 1989 film.

Yeeeah I'll jump on the idea that its looking likely that Joker is gonna be the one to kill Thomas, prompting Bruce to become Batman by the end.
Tho its nice to see Bruce and Alfred are in this movie, I was okay if they weren't honestly.
Now the question is....will this be a better origin story than the one in Gotham lol

We know there will be a scene at Wayne Manor, so it's only logical that Alfred would make an appearance. Probably a few minutes of screen time.

I guess I don’t then.

If you say so. We agree on a lot of things, but this isn’t going to be one of them, I’m afraid.
I (obviously) disagree. Not a single one of those comparisons are accurate from my point of view.
Then you might as well not bother with this movie then, because Bruce Wayne is in it, and he’s not even old enough to drive.

Yep, all fair enough :up: Everyone’s mileage will vary on this one. But I have a feeling that this movie is going to turn out to be a great character study of a homicidal maniac... and a bad movie about The Joker.

Yep, all fair enough :up: Everyone’s mileage will vary on this one. But I have a feeling that this movie is going to turn out to be a great character study of a homicidal maniac... and a bad movie about The Joker.

I think I’ve said before that I expect the film to be a mixed bag amongst fans: it’ll likely be a well-put-together movie that does a good (enough) job of accomplishing what it wants to accomplish, but will break away from tradition so much that a lot of people will have a hard time supporting it.

And for the record, I do understand what you’re saying and where you’re coming from. If it were up to me, Batman would feature in the movie in some tangible way.

I didn’t mind Napier killing the Wayne’s in B89 and I actually like the idea of a fully formed Joker being the reason for Batman. :shrug:

I dont think The Joker will kill the Waynes but I think he will be responsible for leading a anarchist revolution of sorts that results in the death of the Waynes.

Call me crazy, but I couldn't care less if Arthur and Bruce are half-brothers in this, or if The Joker kills Bruce's parents.

Bring it on.
I agree with this.
Joker killed Batman's parents in B'89 and I didn't mind. This is why Elseworlds stories are so fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"