The Joker Thread - Part 1

I'd never say no to Adrien Brody in this role, though I've been liking him for Magneto lately.

I hadn't even thought about Brody but it's a great idea. Still haven't seen Peaky Blinders but this clip of him from it shows his creepy side. The piano music when he walks up to the window is actually kind of reminiscent of Joker's music in the Laughing Fish ep of BTAS. Kinda cool

Some more edits just for the fun of it :

l5e4.jpg

So, another one with Melling. I did't see him in anything, but as far as the look goes, I really like the presence he seems able to give as Joker.
On this manip, his clothes are a bit weird, part of it because I'm too lazy to photoshopped a gangster hat (it never really looks good anyway), but also because I wouldn't mind some odd clothing like that. Add some stitches or patches, and he and he might look a bit like an alt' 90s anarchist punk. In the good way of course. Something that I feel wouldn't be that far from the overall vibe a lot of us are getting from The Batman.

zf8z.jpg

Now Brody. Very interesting facial structure for the role, strong charisma and, as said above, how could we not see TAS Joker in him?
Even though I stayed lazy and kept the gangster look from the original photo, I'm sure the actor would pull off whatever Reeves wants for his universe. In my opinion, I think he would really excel at a sinister "Man Who Laugh" type Joker.

Last edited:
I love the character but I still think it would be funny if Reeves just decided never to do the Joker.

Considering what a money-maker he is, I doubt that’s what happens, but still. Give some other rogues the spotlight.

I love the character but I still think it would be funny if Reeves just decided never to do the Joker.

Considering what a money-maker he is, I doubt that’s what happens, but still. Give some other rogues the spotlight.

I’m a tad burnt out on Joker too. Reeves could do an excellent story with Mr Freeze ala B:TAS.

I’m also in the burnt out on the Joker camp. I’m kind of glad Leto got a last crack at it, and think his take in general was valid (although highly unlikeable)... but coming after Phoenix’s take, it just feels like this character has been thoroughly dredged. Joker’s eternal and all, but I’d really like to move on for the time being. But if we can’t... Melling’s a great choice. His performance in TQG, down to the “I fixed my teeth for you” really is a cool basis for Joker - his relationship with Beth Harmon actually has many echoes of the Batman relationship from many stories... the way Joker tries to mentor Batman at times and is all-encompassingly fixated. There’s even some of the peevish nature whenever he seems defeated, etc. It’s a really classic Joker, just with the knob on 3 instead of 11.

Honestly, my biggest hang-up would be that this would be our third cinematic Joker in a fairly short span of time (though, to be fair, it probably wouldn’t be that different from getting Ledger-Leto-Phoenix in just over a decade). Just strikes me as too much.

My solution, and one that would undoubtedly make cash rain from the Heavens, is Pattinson vs. Phoenix. Portray the events of the Joker film as one of his multiple choice pasts but carry over some of those Fleck quirks and let the two actors bounce off one another.

But Phoenix almost certainly doesn’t go for that, so...

Honestly, my biggest hang-up would be that this would be our third cinematic Joker in a fairly short span of time (though, to be fair, it probably wouldn’t be that different from getting Ledger-Leto-Phoenix in just over a decade). Just strikes me as too much.

My solution, and one that would undoubtedly make cash rain from the Heavens, is Pattinson vs. Phoenix. Portray the events of the Joker film as one of his multiple choice pasts but carry over some of those Fleck quirks and let the two actors bounce off one another.

But Phoenix almost certainly doesn’t go for that, so...
I dont get what's the issue here. We still getting our 3rd cinematic Batman in same span. So what's the difference? You are all for new Batman but not for new Joker? I dont get it... There is also high chance that we aint gonna see Joker in this trilogy at all. Batman has big rogue gallery of villains. And personally I wish to see new ones on screen instead reusing old ones unless there is something interesting to with reimagining those characters.

I dont get what's the issue here. We still getting our 3rd cinematic Batman in same span. So what's the difference? You are all for new Batman but not for new Joker? I dont get it...
Plus the new Joker's we've got on film have barely had any real screen time.

Leto has less than 10 minutes between SS and ZSJL.
Phoenix isn't actually Joker until the last 20 minutes of his movie.

The Gotham tv show has a better argument for having shown a lot of their version of the Joker, but he's on the small screen so it doesn't reach as many audiences.

So on the big stage where it really counts, it's not much at all. By the time we do get a new movie Joker, there would have been plenty of downtime for us to get excited again.

Plus the new Joker's we've got on film have barely had any real screen time.

Leto has less than 10 minutes between SS and ZSJL.
Phoenix isn't actually Joker until the last 20 minutes of his movie.

The Gotham tv show has a better argument for having shown a lot of their version of the Joker, but he's on the small screen so it doesn't reach as many audiences.

So on the big stage where it really counts, it's not much at all. By the time we do get a new movie Joker, there would have been plenty of downtime for us to get excited again.

Yea, that's the way I feel. It feels like we haven't had a full-blown Joker really, well, being The Joker since The Dark Knight which was over a decade ago.

Hi I'm back with probably my final Joker theory because I think I've cracked it :word:

The police and Falcone are behind Drops production, but the chemicals needed to make the drug can only be obtained illegally from places like ACE. To acquire the drugs for manufacturing, Falcone's people often set up small time thugs to steal the chemicals

Large scale chemical thefts are huge operations, but when things go badly, and the police are called, this is nbd. The police are in on it, so the thugs are taken into custody along with the stolen contraband which the police then pass along to Falcone's cooks.

Joker could have been one of these fall guys, but the operation went bad when Batman intervened. So a theft that was supposed to be no big deal for the small time criminal goes south. Batman's intervention at ACE ends with the criminal falling into a vat of chemicals.

He survives with severe burns, but after a stay in a prison hospital he is locked up. Riddler knows about this and would see this character as someone who can inform Batman about the police involvement in the drug operation, thus setting up their Hannibal Lecter/TLH meeting in Arkham

So you'd have a small time criminal, who has gone mad from his chemical bath and transformation, who has hatred for Batman, the police, and Falcone, plotting his revenge behind bars setting up a sequel where he gets out

Arkham Origins, despite its drawbacks, got a lot of the origin stuff right and I wouldn't be against them taking aspects of that. Joker doesn't care about Batman in that game until Batman saves Joker, despite Joker actively trying to kill him. That's when the "relationship" starts. I'd love to see something similar, if Reeves does Joker.

I will love too see Phoenix Joker in The Batman in the end of the credits him being Batman brother could make a good story but sadly i am sure that The Batman will have another Joker that is not Leto or Phoenix
i hope Joker 2 happen because i want to see Phoenix again in the role

Speaking of Kaluuya, has anyone brought up doing something along the lines of Teddy Perkins for Joker? Once I would have said that would NEVER happen... then Colin Farrell seamlessly transformed into the Penguin.

0732343A-7A00-46C1-9CBB-6FD582CEF7B9.jpeg

I dont get what's the issue here. We still getting our 3rd cinematic Batman in same span. So what's the difference? You are all for new Batman but not for new Joker? I dont get it... There is also high chance that we aint gonna see Joker in this trilogy at all. Batman has big rogue gallery of villains. And personally I wish to see new ones on screen instead reusing old ones unless there is something interesting to with reimagining those characters.
I mean, some other rogues definitely deserve a spotlight for a change, but I think it'd be very unwise to exclude Joker from the trilogy, or any Batman trilogy/series/etc. for that matter. The fact remains that he is the #1, most iconic, most personal, biggest archenemy of Batman. That's not going to change, ever. So not including him is taking away from a BIG part of the mythos, perhaps one of the biggest. So I'm not really in the "tired of Joker" camp, dude is here to stay and those who dislike it will just have to deal with it lol

I mean, some other rogues definitely deserve a spotlight for a change, but I think it'd be very unwise to exclude Joker from the trilogy, or any Batman trilogy/series/etc. for that matter. The fact remains that he is the #1, most iconic, most personal, biggest archenemy of Batman. That's not going to change, ever. So not including him is taking away from a BIG part of the mythos, perhaps one of the biggest. So I'm not really in the "tired of Joker" camp, dude is here to stay and those who dislike it will just have to deal with it lol
I grew up watching B:TAS and I never really was that much of let say tied up to having Joker being ultimate Batman's main archenemy. Batman has plenty of villains and plenty of stories which are miles better than just another story with another Joker. That's all I am saying. I am not saying to exclude him but if you gonna do another Joker there needs to be more purpose than making it just another adaptation.

And that's for me actually biggest issue with Jared's Joker for instance. We simply needed to have another Joker for that franchise and he was actually biggest piece of wasted material I saw. There was actually nothing really interesting or done well. From character behavior, how he looked to motives. He simply existed for sake of existing to have Margot's Harley Quinn reasons.

And even though we got hints in Zach's Snyder movies about Joker and what he did I actually never felt connection that simply Joker we got and had was actually capable doing what he did. And personally never even wished to have that Joker to interact with that Batman until we got Knightmare scene at the end of Zach's Justice League.

Regardless how many Batman adaptations we got we never actually got proper Mr Freeze, Mad Hatter, Penguin, Riddler, Posion Ivy, Strange, Clayface and I will say even Scarecrow we got in Nolan's movie was just too short of the role to be judged as defined adaptation. One of reasons why I support new Batman movie is we getting Penguin and Riddler.

When I say burnt out on Joker I just mean I’m ready for ONE Batman movie without him. TDKR was far from my favorite film, and believe me I would have taken infinity movies with Heath, but I thought it was refreshing not to have Batman totally overshadowed for once.

I saw a few people losing it over this look, but all I could think of was how often something like this has been RuPaul’s out-of-drag wardrobe on Drag Race.
At least it wasn’t a blue latex luchador mask and a purple hoodie! :funny:

(I actually really dig this look on him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"