The Joker Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Thread Manager, Feb 3, 2017.

1. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

You will know who I am in time.

Iceman likes this.
  2. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

Guys maybe The Joker in this universe here makes Drops after the government fails him so he gets a drug out there as revenge for the society that no longer wants him

3. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

I did hear that Joker lives in a society.

Luke995 and AndyTrevino like this.
  4. RokMeAmadeus Registered

And, in the process, he say a lot about our very own society

AndyTrevino likes this.
  5. shauner111 Registered

Man that wording was weird with that Joaquin Joker thing. Probably just bad wording and Joker will get its own separate sequel. But can you imagine Joaquin and McConaughey sitting in Arkham together as Joker and Two Face?

Still think Joker needs to be Rob’s age with short hair.

CondimentKing likes this.
  6. CondimentKing Mitchell Mayo

@shauner111 I was getting so excited thinking of Dano Riddler being annoying to McConaughey Harvey in Arkham, just imagine Pattinson throws Dano in a cell and the next one is Harvey and they don't get along lol. I can't wait to see rogues beef with each other, we really haven't seen too much of that in any movie yet. The closest since the 90s is Joker and Harvey in TDK.

I know Joaquin probably isn't happening but man.. that acting calibre interacting with other rogues is just unreal to think of

Iceman and shauner111 like this.
  7. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

I actually really love this hairstyle for Joker once he gets out. Super short on the sides, wild and swept to the side on the top.
    We haven't had a big screen Joker with the hair sticking up since Romero.

gettyimages-470752996-612x612.jpg RCO033_1475726054.jpg

8. shauner111 Registered

Haha would be so much fun.

I’d like for Joker to have short hair. Harvey could have it long in Arkham for all I care, as long as it’s trimmed when he escapes. What the hell would you do if McConaughey is Joker in this :funny:

9. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Am I the only one hoping Reeves spices things up, and goes in a radically different direction that we haven't seen before on film? Joker has been done so many times before on screen that I feel Reeves will be hard-pressed to make his Joker feel distinct, and unique, and fresh from all the others

10. shauner111 Registered

I think he’s definitely not gonna play it safe by doing another Joker vs Batman movie for the third time in 30 years. And the design or characterization will probably be a mix of “more classic comic Joker than past movies” and experimental.

I also think Reeves is going to focus a lot more on other villains.

Iceman and emielaen like this.
  11. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

A mix of classic comic Joker and experimental sounds so fun

Iceman likes this.
  12. CondimentKing Mitchell Mayo

Even though I want him for Harvey real bad, him as Joker isn't something I can easily imagine in my head and that's also super exciting. I can see Reeves going classic Joker but I can also see a radical reinterpretation too tbh

13. shauner111 Registered

His laughter in Beach Bum is hilarious. But I wouldn’t like another middle aged Joker or one with a southern drawl. Leave that for Cletus/Woody.

Dent with that accent would be cool. Harvey coming from that side of the States over to the east coast where Gotham is, to do work that means something. That’s a great backstory. And then he gets disfigured by the criminals he tried to lock up. Meanwhile, Joker is younger like Bruce, and watches from afar this time. Dent’s downfall is a joke to him and he trolls Harvey about it. The rehabilitation of Riddler could be a reason why Bruce hangs onto hope that he can fix Harvey, although he’s totally a lost cause. Dent can be stuck between Riddler and Joker (a misguided criminal and the personification of evil). 3 dark souls sitting in Arkham Asylum and Batman visits them from time to time.

14. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

AndyTrevino likes this.
  15. Monte Cristo The Slow Knife

The underbelly of Gotham is a character all to itself. Especially if they go the Telltale games route and have the Wayne family name tainted by the deeds of Thomas. I'd like to see Hugo Strange appear with a plot line similar to Prey. That would be cinematic gold with an actor like Robert Pattinson.

16. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

I don't wanna speak too soon and I still trust Reeves if he wants to do it, but I'm kinda starting to become over the possibility of Joker having acid burns here.

If just feels redundant if you're already going to have someone like Two-Face.

shauner111 likes this.
  17. shauner111 Registered

Yeah that’s why I like the “drops” as a way for Joker to look pale with warped facial muscles instead. It’s a unique spin on the Ace Chemicals origin without having him fall into a vat like we’ve seen so many times. Joker as a chemist in a modern Batman movie that you can take seriously sounds like a pretty rad idea.

AndyTrevino likes this.
  18. Motown Marvel Crimson and Clover

how many jokers have we seen on the big screen and how many of them have fallen into a vat of chemicals?

19. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

Just Jack on the big screen. We see Harley jump into the vat of chemicals in Suicide Squad, but Joker has already done it off screen a while ago.

Even counting small screen, "Jeremiah" is the only other Joker who has the Ace Chemicals origin.

20. shauner111 Registered

2 of 4. So the next time we see a Ace Chemicals, I don’t want to see this dude falling into a bath again unless you’re gonna go Red Hood with it. Even so, i’d rather they do a different spin on the plant.

21. shauner111 Registered

Leto does take another jump though. I’m tired of the visual. It’s gonna get to be like seeing the Wayne’s shot in a alley if we keep this up.

22. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

I don't want an origin anyway. At least not why is his skin white origin.

23. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

24. The Lazarus Pit Registered

The only way I could get into Johnny Depp as Joker is if Tim Burton and Michael Keaton came back for Batman 3.

I’d look to Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker for influence and reunite Burton/Depp by casting him as the former Robin/new Joker.

Even then, I don’t really want to see him as Joker.

25. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, I’m sure Reeves will be able to successfully differentiate his Joker while also keeping many classic elements if that suits his style. I love Joker as much as anyone else but I’m super-excited for what he can bring to villains we haven’t seen on screen before or significantly different iterations like his Riddler seems to be.

AndyTrevino and shauner111 like this.