The Joker Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by Thread Manager, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Could save money by getting them both done at the same time, 2-for-1 cosmetic, face-dumping chemical treatment. :D

AndyTrevino likes this.
  2. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

I just think these villains should stand out from each other more. Make Joker look like a drugged up albino rather than a pale burn victim. Two-Face can be the burn victim.

It's also why I'm so glad Riddler doesn't look like a fool here. Batman already fights one fool in a goofy suit on an almost daily basis. He doesn't need to be fighting another; the Zodiac Killer-esque look really was an inspired choice

Iceman likes this.
  3. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

I can respect that he was a neat Robert Pattinson-esque figure in his heyday as an actor but yeah, I don't think I would've wanted to see him as Joker at any point in his career. I'm not sure if he has the face for it; his face is too boxy. I'm ok with Hader because the rest of his face is just so expressive and zany-looking.

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  4. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

Brody feels very much like an outdated 2005 fancast (probably because he is). And he doesn't seem to have done a ton of meaty stuff lately. The last thing I personally remember him being in was some crappy bargain bin Bruce Willis propaganda movie.

I also really hate the idea of him putting makeup over acid burns. If you're going to go that far then just have the burns turn his skin pale.

5. shauner111 Registered

Brody was more than a fancast actually. He met with Nolan for Joker and I remember him saying that he thought the role was his (or something along those lines?).

Luke995 likes this.
  6. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

I don't remember anything like that.

SwordOfMorning likes this.
  7. The Lazarus Pit Registered

8. CondimentKing Mitchell Mayo

Brody was awesome in Peaky Blinders

9. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

10. Boom I got nothin'

I'd still take him in the role, even now.

11. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

12. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I'd take Adrian Brody over most of the names thrown out in this thread. He was my pick for Afflecks batman. Would still work for Pattinson/Reeves too.

Luke995 likes this.
  13. The Lazarus Pit Registered

Adrien Brody is an obvious choice, but there’s nothing wrong with that.

These are the other names I keep coming back to. Any of these guys would get me excited:

Lakeith Stanfield
    Jesse Plemons
    Ryan Gosling
    Harry Melling
    Will Poulter
    Caleb Landry Jones
    Donald Glover
    Ben Foster
    Bill Hader

Luke995 and WatchProtect like this.
  14. shauner111 Registered

Jamie Bell is cemented even more for me after watching his small role in Without Remorse. There was just something with how he played it in some scenes early on, a pesty dude who might (?) be manipulating a situation, and the way he played his scenes opposite of Michael B Jordan’s more alpha character. It’s very subtle, calmer. I liked his expressions and his hair.

It was weird, the calmness immediately made me think of how he’d play Joker different to any previous actor and all that kept entering my mind was Gabriel Byrne playing the devil in End of Days. Gabriel was so slick and calm compared to say...Pacino going nuts in Devil’s Advocate. That’s the Joker to me (or at least what I’d do). A demonic spirit entering the body of a human, taking over his life with complete confidence. So much power to do something that drops a jaw in the room but usually decides to hold onto that with a smile and devilish sparkle in his eye. Then he does something bat**** crazy out of nowhere.

Hader could work well for this take as well. But right now it’s Jamie Bell for me.

C Prometheus and AndyTrevino like this.
  15. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

Bell’s American accent in Without Remorse has to be one of the best ones I’ve heard from an actor in years. There where none of the tell tell signs you usually get. 100% believable.

SwordOfMorning and shauner111 like this.
  16. shauner111 Registered

I noticed that too! He was the only thing I liked about the movie unfortunately.

17. The Lazarus Pit Registered

Idk why Bell feels like such a boring choice. I’ve seen him in a lot of stuff and he’s always just ‘there’...

18. shauner111 Registered

The only actor from your list that would really excite me is Jesse Plemons, but he would REALLY need to get back down to Breaking Bad weight. If he could commit to that, then he could be legendary with the right makeup job. But I seriously doubt that will happen. “We need you to lose like 50 pounds at least for this role where you’re in a couple of scenes” doesn’t sound like a fair question.

I haven’t seen much from Bell but he always stands out for me. He just hasn’t received an iconic or super memorable role yet. He deserves a juicy role.

emielaen and AndyTrevino like this.
  19. SwordOfMorning Returning some video tapes.

20. Boom I got nothin'

I think Lachy Hulme did confirm that he at least talked to Nolan about it.

21. The Lazarus Pit Registered

That time leading up to TDK was so much fun. I have some fun Wizard Magazines from that time that are pretty fun to see in hindsight.
    82100DDF-1629-4FB7-B80A-3DE8B715E2B1.jpeg C987C252-0BFF-4272-A3E2-34B39E56B030.jpeg D704D6F1-7292-4BB6-989A-852B819B1FF5.jpeg 3F37EEC2-C4C0-43BE-A893-257137C10712.jpeg

shauner111 and AndyTrevino like this.
  22. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Honestly, Lakeith could be a very interesting choice, and very different from past versions

WatchProtect likes this.
  23. AndyTrevino This says a lot about our society

I feel like he's made himself too obvious with all that campaigning

shauner111 likes this.
  24. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Maybe a little bit. But he's a hella talented actor, and it certainly wouldn't stop Reeves from asking him to audition, to see how he'd do in his vision of the Joker.

One thing is for sure, tho, I'd hope Reeves and Lakeith prepare themselves for the (inevitable) racist backlash :funny:

emielaen and WatchProtect like this.
  25. shauner111 Registered

So folks want a black Joker, a black Catwoman, a black Gordon and a black Two Face? The hero is a rich white boy who beats the hell out of all of them AND then they make Gordon corrupt in his spin off? Lol that’s bait for one. Secondly it’s never happened before, suddenly all of these white characters are black in the same movie? A little suspicious with its timing no? It won’t come off organic. It’ll feel forced like the studio wants to suck up, especially during/after the Fisher incident. And if you guys disagree that’s fine, but I’ll bet you this will be the talk on social media for ages.

I think Joker should be white because otherwise it turns the conversation into something else entirely, especially when he’s getting beat down by Bruce Wayne. But I’m down for a Stanfield Joker movie at some point if he wants to make a one-off himself Iike he says.