The Joker Thread - Part 1

I mean, I always thought that if he didn't get the Joker part, he should ABSOLUTELY get to play a proper Zsasz (which we still haven't really gotten so far, mostly half and half type of stuff) but Strange is a new one.
I'd definitely rather have him as Zsasz or Strange than The Joker.

90c2a44809874db9645222386eaf884d.jpg

I honestly don't really see him as Strange lol. But he'd absolutely kill it as Zsasz/Joker. Infact in the movie Hostage he ends up with a look not too dissimilar from Ledger Joker, not that I'd imagine him playing him like/looking like that

I honestly don't really see him as Strange lol. But he'd absolutely kill it as Zsasz/Joker. Infact in the movie Hostage he ends up with a look not too dissimilar from Ledger Joker, not that I'd imagine him playing him like/looking like that

It's funny you should say this, because I totally get a Ledger vibe from him. Almost like a cross between Ledger and Tom Hardy, strangely enough. Which is cool, but I don't need a Ledger 2.0.

I don't think anything about that role in particular would suggest he'd make a good Joker. He's intense, I'll give you that, but he's not especially charming, or funny, or over the top.

It's funny you should say this, because I totally get a Ledger vibe from him. Almost like a cross between Ledger and Tom Hardy, strangely enough. Which is cool, but I don't need a Ledger 2.0.

not that I'd imagine him playing him like/looking like that

How you gonna just skip on by that part of my post? Lol

I assure you he'd be radically different from Ledger. Especially if they go with shorter hair for the look, but overall performance wise, I would absolutely imagine him doing his own thing.

I don't think anything about that role in particular would suggest he'd make a good Joker. He's intense, I'll give you that, but he's not especially charming, or funny, or over the top.
Hell or Highwater/Alpha Dog then for that element. But Yuma shows how well he can play evil, cruel, despicable/repulsive characters and I think that's more of what we need in the next Joker.

I'd also argue that he's still rather entertaining to watch in that role despite all that

Last edited:
How you gonna just skip on by that part of my post? Lol

I assure you he'd be radically different from Ledger. Especially if they go with shorter hair for the look, but overall performance wise, I would absolutely imagine him doing his own thing.

Hell or Highwater then for that element. But Yuma shows how well he can play evil, cruel, despicable/repulsive characters and I think that's more of what we need in the next Joker.

I didn't mean to imply that you suggested he'd be a Ledger 2.0, I'm just saying it doesn't interest me.

Nor would it interest me, but he still wouldn't be that.

I just said in one movie he happened to look like Ledger Joker. Cause he had long hair and later a carved face. That's... About it.

In no way would I imagine him being "Ledger 2.0" because he kinda looked like him for a sec in one movie

I do think the best time for Foster as Joker was TDK. He’s a little pudgier and balder now, but he can always lose weight and wear a piece.

I wouldn’t get a 40 year old actor for this unless it’s a gigantic name. Ben Foster isn’t huge. He’s just respected.

I have always wanted a younger actor for this so that won’t change ever. Although casuals were freaking out in that test screening (so it could be a big name for Joker) it does feel rather...studio driven to get a DiCaprio, McConaughey, Malek, Gosling, Gyllenhaal at this point. They also fit into that Joaquin Phoenix/Jared Leto age range that we just had. I’m sick of long hair Joker. I’m sick of makeup Joker. I’m sick of middle aged Joker too. Reeves prides himself in thinking of new ways to approach this, so i’m sticking by my original hunch of this being a young actor on the rise who can match well with Rob. As far as I’m concerned we need another magic Ledger/Bale pairing for this.

I wouldn’t get a 40 year old actor for this unless it’s a gigantic name. Ben Foster isn’t huge. He’s just respected.

I have always wanted a younger actor for this so that won’t change ever. Although casuals were freaking out in that test screening (so it could be a big name for Joker) it does feel rather...studio driven to get a DiCaprio, McConaughey, Malek, Gosling, Gyllenhaal at this point. They also fit into that Joaquin Phoenix/Jared Leto age range that we just had. I’m sick of long hair Joker. I’m sick of makeup Joker. I’m sick of middle aged Joker too. Reeves prides himself in thinking of new ways to approach this, so i’m sticking by my original hunch of this being a young actor on the rise who can match well with Rob. As far as I’m concerned we need another magic Ledger/Bale pairing for this.

CALEB OR BUST!

Rob is 35 though! And technically this Batman has been around longer than the Batman in TDK. I doubt the casting goes over 40 but honestly a lot of the big hitters like Gosling match fairly closely age wise with Pattinson. I think people are over exaggerating the fact this is "young" Batman imo. I do really think Two-Face will be older for a different dynamic, but that's a different story. I'm sure this Batman is probably like 30-32ish but it can't be denied that even someone like Pattinson will soon age visibly by the time the trilogy is over

I was waiting for that haha. Caleb was one of my original picks. But he’d sit somewhere between Heath and Jared so it’s a no go for me. He’d make a better hippie Hatter or young Scarecrow (although I want a older Crane this time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"