The Dark Knight Rises The Joker's Role in the Third Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^i can't believe this is what is on our minds, but i think they should have an explained absence. and, since we don't know how TDK ends, maybe they might alter the ending so it isn't left unresolved.

RIP Heath Ledger

Joker shouldn't disappear, give hima mad Harley and he's on the ride:cwink:

:hoboj:

This is my first Ledger related post, SHH been down for the last 20 mins...

All that I have heard so far seems to point towards Joker having a supporting role in Batman 3.

Personally I reckon they keep this as it is and either, use computer graphics ala crow to have him in 3, or maybe they have already filmed these scenes? ... who knows.

RIP

SHH gonna be screwed up for a while with the speed... this is what we got in May last year except now its going to be a lot worse... so I'll try to get my two cents in before my Hype shuts down again.... I think they could edit out all cliff hangers if there are any in TDK involving the Joker and just leave it open ended with nothing definitive... just focus on Two Face and the mob for the third part... with maybe Selina rounding out the cast... it doesn't feel right talking about this now but this is the Sequels forum... so that's that... hopefully it will be a smooth transition... the movies should still continue... didn't the Matrix have this issue with Alliah?

I don't know. At first I wanted Joker to have a role in 3, but now, I'm not so sure. I'm sure Nolan will make the right choice.

I don't wanna believe it right now...

It's a bloody shame, life is so short, and we can't take it for granted. It's gonna be odd to watch TDK this summer. Could've never saw it coming. Worst case scenario, if Joker is needed in more films with Nolan they'll go thru another re-cast and it'd be nice to have Crispin Glover.

But I don't wanna think about that now.

Well the Joker was supposed to scar Dent in the 3rd but we know that happens in TDK now so there is no reason for Joker to be in BB3. I'm pretty sure Nolan would be totally against recasting him anyway.

I originally would have liked to have seen the Joker survive TDK, keeping a future return open. NOW, I'd prefer not. I don't want to see the Joker again in the "Nolan-verse". And to bring him back it would have to be a very different set of Batman movies and very different looking (at least) Joker.

I reckon they will have enough spare footage to insert some kinda cameo into Batman3 no matter how small.
So long as that happens Il be happy, but I do think Ledger-Joker should at least be visually referenced in the third film.

All I speculate is Nolan will definitely not recast the Joker.

All I speculate is Nolan will definitely not recast the Joker.

If Nolan elects to make a third Batman film, I believe the Joker won't be involved (and not for the obvious reason of Heath's tragic demise). He may have left the window open at the end of TDK for the Joker's return, but I think it's safe to say that we'll see other characters in a hopeful third film.

The third film should happen no matter what... Nolan should be back to finish what he started... man I hope they get it done quick before somthing else happens... not like Freeman and Caine are getting any younger... hopefully they get it done though...

There will be no recast. I'm even more doubtful Nolan will do a third film now.

Mad Hatter, Riddler, Hugo Strange, Quizmaster, Scarcrow, Please don't cast him..

But..if they do recast him, use Crispin Glover..

He will not be recast. He may be referenced....leave the Joker out there but unseen if he survives and gets out in the "wild" in The Dark Knight. Just don't have him been seen.

-R

no more joker until they reboot the series in like 10-15 years

RIP Heath Ledger

Crispen Glover is a **** actor. Everybody who keeps saying he would be perfect just because he is a tall, and potentially creepy looking guy, are morons. Mostly everybody didn't like the idea of Heath being the joker in the first place DESPITE that he is a very talented character actor who has only gotten better in his years of acting.

For the Record... I don't think the Joker should be re-cast, but, news flash, even if Nolan does not do the next movie, it does not mean that Warner Bros. won't find another director who will, and that director may not have the same respect for Heath (and HIS Character) that Nolan did. Which could mean a new joker in the third film.

Rest in Peace to Heath Ledger. I believe we can safely say we look forward to seeing you larger than life once again this summer with the greatest role of your young life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"