Comics The Juggernaut

Wolvenom2099

Civilian
Reaction score
This thread is for the Juggernaut fans, I've known of the Juggernaut for the longest time but I'm still learning new things about him. I think he is one of the biggest baddest M-F'ers around in the Marvel Universe.

New Excalibur: I don't mind Juggernaut being a member of New Excalibur but I hate that he has been depowered. I do have to admit I do love the original juggernaut the best. This question has been brought up many times "Without his power is he just a really strong guy?"

One thing I have been trying to find out is on the covers of X-Men #162 & Uncanny X-Men #435, 436 & 437 Juggernaut is wearing a different color outfit, why & when did this happen?

when he joined the xmen he got a grey outfit if thats what you are reffering to.

I don't mind Juggernaut being depowered enough for him to require food and air, but the way he gets smacked around these days is a little annoying. Otherwise, he's a great character.

exploding boy said:
when he joined the xmen he got a grey outfit if thats what you are reffering to.

Yeah thats the one, How long was he a member of the x-men?

Manic said:
I don't mind Juggernaut being depowered enough for him to require food and air, but the way he gets smacked around these days is a little annoying. Otherwise, he's a great character.

I agree with you.

Juggernaut will be the new Chuck Norris before long...

I recommend this page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Neptune/7060/main.html
Did wonders for my view on the character. What I hate is how they've turned one of the biggest badasses of Marvel into a big softie. The guy is a war veteran, career criminal, mercenary and terrorist. Now he somehow has become a guidance counselor for antisocial youth.

I really like Juggernaut as a hero.. and he had to be depowered somewhat in order to write more TEAM stories... im not sure if he does seem a little too depowered at times though.
I think he was written his best as a hero under Austen still... a lot of his work focussed on Juggernaut and his past and his relationship with Charles. Its a shame him and Charles arent still in the same title. He seems to be heading down Collosus's old route of the strong guy who seems 2 not really do a lot.

....well there is a Juggernaut centric story coming up with Tom, so we'l have to see how that goes.

Crowley9 said:
What I hate is how they've turned one of the biggest badasses of Marvel into a big softie. The guy is a war veteran, career criminal, mercenary and terrorist. Now he somehow has become a guidance counselor for antisocial youth.
What I'm sure most of us seem to forget about Cain is that he's an old man. He's older than Charles, and Charles is pretty darn old. For whatever reason, the Gem of Cytorrak is weakening its hold on him, and Cain has started to become introspective. He's probably pushing 80 years old, and he's still running around robbing banks and engaging in a petty vendetta against Charles that started when they were kids. Cain never had delusions of grandeur like Magneto. There was no reason for Cain to still be a bad guy. He was just stuck in this weird rebellious stage, like some punk 20 year old who can't get past his daddy issues.

His only friend tried to kill him. His brother saved his life and invited him to live in his home. All the petty stuff that kept him bad was gone, and the evil gem isn't making him evil (or all that strong) anymore. It was time to put his criminal past behind him.

As for being a war veteran gone soft... Charles was in the same war.

Manic said:
What I'm sure most of us seem to forget about Cain is that he's an old man. He's older than Charles, and Charles is pretty darn old. For whatever reason, the Gem of Cytorrak is weakening its hold on him, and Cain has started to become introspective. He's probably pushing 80 years old, and he's still running around robbing banks and engaging in a petty vendetta against Charles that started when they were kids. Cain never had delusions of grandeur like Magneto. There was no reason for Cain to still be a bad guy. He was just stuck in this weird rebellious stage, like some punk 20 year old who can't get past his daddy issues.
There's much more to Cain than just "petty vendetta" and "daddy issues". Do tell me, how many times has he tried to kill Charles? More often than not he's been minding his own business, and some hero type comes along trying to stop him. Cain simply has not been just wasting his life fighting Charles. As for the age issue, hasn't it been clear for ages that time does not progress in Marvel universe at the same pace as in the real world? For example Tony Stark and Jimmy Rhodes met in the Vietnam war as young men, but they obviously are not pushing sixty ny now.

Even if we were to accept Juggernaut being on the side of the good guys, he could still be plenty gritty and rough about it (case in point: Wolverine). Instead, personality-wise he seems to have turned into the most docile thing on earth, which is simply absurd. Cain took endless verbal abuse from other X-Men and did nothing but grumble about it to himself. In New Excalibur he politely let himself be apprehended by the police while the other teammembers were off battling supervillains. How ridiculous is that? In that situation even Captain freaking America would've brushed off the good officer telling him that he had more important things to attend.

His only friend tried to kill him. His brother saved his life and invited him to live in his home. All the petty stuff that kept him bad was gone, and the evil gem isn't making him evil (or all that strong) anymore. It was time to put his criminal past behind him.
Would you mind telling me where it has been stated that the gem of Cyttorak is evil? I haven't seen anything evil in Juggernaut's personality that couldn't be found in your average street thug. He has been capable for acting like a decent human being (for one of the best examples see X-Force #31).

Crowley9 said:
There's much more to Cain than just "petty vendetta" and "daddy issues". Do tell me, how many times has he tried to kill Charles?
It was the entire reason he became a supervillain in the first place! He found the gem, became the Juggernaut, and the first thing he tried to do (while walking at a slow and steady pace, for some reason) was go to Charles' house and kill him. He fought the X-Men, the X-Men won, and he's had a grudge against them ever since. Everything he's done since then started when he tried to kill Charles.

As for the age issue, hasn't it been clear for ages that time does not progress in Marvel universe at the same pace as in the real world? For example Tony Stark and Jimmy Rhodes met in the Vietnam war as young men, but they obviously are not pushing sixty ny now.
Oh, please. We all know that Charles and Magneto are very old men. The only reason Charles looks younger than he should is because the Shi'ar cloned him a younger body. Point is, Cain is (and has always been) Chuck's older brother.

Even if we were to accept Juggernaut being on the side of the good guys, he could still be plenty gritty and rough about it (case in point: Wolverine). Instead, personality-wise he seems to have turned into the most docile thing on earth, which is simply absurd. Cain took endless verbal abuse from other X-Men and did nothing but grumble about it to himself. In New Excalibur he politely let himself be apprehended by the police while the other teammembers were off battling supervillains. How ridiculous is that? In that situation even Captain freaking America would've brushed off the good officer telling him that he had more important things to attend.
Don't look at me. I'm defending Cain becoming a good guy having a connection with a couple of students at the school, not taking his insults lying down.

Also, I think the comparison to Wolverine is a little unfair. Wolverine is a trained killing machine turned good. Juggernaut is a glorified, super-powered, gang-banging thug turned good.

Would you mind telling me where it has been stated that the gem of Cyttorak is evil?
I don't know. Something about Cain and the other Avatars of the 8 gods supposedly enslaving the human race and battling until one Avatar is left standing... sounds kinda evil to me.
(Link)

I haven't seen anything evil in Juggernaut's personality that couldn't be found in your average street thug. He has been capable for acting like a decent human being (for one of the best examples see X-Force #31).
My theory is that the gem didn't so much make him evil, as it withheld his goodness. And let's not forget that the first thing he tried to do once becoming the Juggernaut was kill a man he had merely bullied in the past.

Juggernaut was a grown-ass, elderly man who couldn't get out of the mindset he had in his early 20s until after the gem started losing his grip on him. Am I the only one who sees a connection?

And anyway, when Magneto went through his good guy stage back in the 1980s, he had grown quite docile... until the next writer came along and made him evil and sin again.

I love Juggy...really great character! I thought he was dumb at first though..lol..don't know why...but as i learned more bout him..i really started to like him

ok what color is his hair?!!

I always thought it was ginger/orange (it was in the 90's cartoon) but ive LITERALLY just noticed that its brown in New Excalibur...and seems to have been in every comic for the last 5 years atleast...i swear it was ginger!!

According to UcannyXMen.net, it's red. According to Marvel Directory, it's red-brown. Scarlet Witch supposed has the same hair color, and Banshee & Siryn have red-blonde hair. Gotta love inconsistent comic coloring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"