Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 7

I would like to see Dinklage playing a villain, he can do it and i think DC fits him. But he is on Xmen DOTFP pretty sure they are not going to let him be Lex.

Also i can't help but think of him as Batmite or Mr Mxyptlk.

Last edited:
I would like to see Dinklage playing a villain, he can do it and i think DC fits him. But he is on Xmen DOTFP pretty sure they are not going to let him be Lex.

Also i can help but think of him as Batmite or Mr Mxyptlk.

He could definitely turn a Mxyptlk into a notable, slightly more plausible character. You're right though, I'm sure that he won't be available. It was just one of those suggestions that caught me off guard.

I seriously doubt it will be an actor who is already known for being bald. These guys (Nolan, Snyder) cast based on acting ability and if they fit the characterization not necessarily the look straight from the pages. At least not with the supporting cast.

Don't be expecting Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, Billy Zane, etc, etc. Any actor can just shave his head.

It's a big Russel Crowe level star who is good looking according to Zack. So Peter Dinklage you can forget about. Trying to come up with obscure but fitting names isn't going to work either.

How would you guys feel about this cast?
http://imgur.com/a/TJmZK
Don't see Fass as Aquaman. More Batman or a villain like Lex.

Don't want Krasinski in any role.

Aaron Paul would make a good Flash at times, but only for character. He's just not built to be a superhero.

I prefer Alan Rickman as Alfred if he was a DC character.

Everything else is spot on (Bardem as Joker, Cumberbatch as Brainiac, McConaughey as Lex, Manganiello as Bats, Cavill as Supes)...Gemma as Diana is the only other one that im 50/50 on.

Lance Reddick for Martian Manhunter!

How would you guys feel about this cast?
http://imgur.com/a/TJmZK

Hmmm...now that I think about it, I don't think I can see Joe as Batman anymore...I don't why though. Right now my pick is Sam Witwer, but I'm not definite on that.

Anyway.

-I don't know about Matthew as Lex. I'd like to see either John Hamm or Mark Strong.

-Javier would be one crazy Joker!

-I like John, but he's not right for GL.

-I really don't see Aaron Paul as the Flash. Mike Vogel is my pick.

-Alexander Skarsgard as Aquaman.

Witwer would be an awesome Batman.

This McCaughnahey love has got to go away. Especially considering it's one of the worst serious suggestions.

I'm guessing you haven't seen any of McConaughey's recent movies, like Mud or the Lincoln Lawyer, I've heard he's good in Magic Mike too. I also really liked him in Frailty. He's established himself as a great actor in my eyes after Mud

This McCaughnahey love has got to go away. Especially considering it's one of the worst serious suggestions.
One of the best. You should watch his recent stuff, he also looks like he's going to steal scenes in the new Scorsese not to mention the new Nolan.

Question re: McCaughnahey (is that how his name is spelled?)

Has he ever been in a role where he hasn't used his Texas accent? Genuine question, I haven't seen many of his movies.

I still think Jon Hamm could do a great job, especially if we ever get to Luthor the politician.

And I don't think Luthor needs a shaved head, at least not yet. (I think both should have the same side-part hair-style, so they mirror each other somewhat.)
don-draper.jpeg

Last edited:
Jon Hamm is one of my favorite suggestions.

And yeah, I think Luthor needs to be bald. Why not?

I kinda like the Krasinski as Hal idea, though he might not make a bad Flash either. I dislike the rest of the ideas (except Cavill as Supes).

Jon Hamm would actually be amazing as Lex. He was also in Sucker Punch, so there's a connection.

Hamm would OWN the role of Lex which is awesome considering I think he would have been great as an older Supes as well if they had gone that direction.

How cool would it be to just do Brainiac(if they are planning to use him as a villain) to do him all CG'ed like the floating robots in Man of Steel and have Corey Burton voice him?

[YT]fd_rT5B3jSE[/YT]

[YT]pqMHiniGLGw[/YT]

It would be just like how they got Peter Cullen for Transformers.

is hamm ruled out since he's played lex already?

unab.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"