Justice League The Justice League Critic Reviews/Rotten Tomatoes Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, are we going above or below the 40% that the theatrical cut got?

Below. Probably around BvS’ score. But it dont matter lol

I'm still very curious about the critical reception although I know it'll likely be highly negative.

TC JL got 40%?

Okay. I didn't know.

Wait a minute, was that because they saw the name of the director:

Zack Snyder?

lmao

Maybe they simply didn't like it because it was a bad movie.

I will always say this JL TC was not a bad movie by any means and I am still amazed and impressed with how the movie turned out giving that they reshot at least 90% of the movie and put it out all in the span of 3-5 months. I still believe that version could've been better if it was longer and had more time. However my problem with the TC was it wasn't the movie promised to me. But still as for ZSJL I believe it will do better than BvS but lower than JL mainly because I think a lot of the critics are upset this is even coming out and because of pressure by some WB execs who also are upset a movie they said didn't exist is coming out because if it is actually good it will lead to more questions on their part than answers. However personally I think it will be more enjoyable than the TC because it will fix in more with what came before it at the time.

I'm still very curious about the critical reception although I know it'll likely be highly negative.

Maybe they simply didn't like it because it was a bad movie.
Well, we'll see if this remain true later this year. lol

However, I'm sure that review/rating on streaming platform like HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon, Netflix etc, matter less than things like the amount of subscribers and the money they parted with.

Facts. At the same time i think its kind of basic human nature to feel disheartened whenever you see something you enjoy get attacked or panned. Im not looking forward to the pummeling this movie will take but ultimately as long as we all love it and can come here to discuss it its all good.

Given the Marvel stuff has consistently been more popular at the box office than DC's, the MCU shows will likely be the most viewed. Especially with the massive numbers Mandalorian put in and Disney+ still having more of a head start in the marketplace than Max.

The Snyder Cut will likely still rank high, though.

Look, I won't let it bother me if the reviews turn out to be negative but I'm still curious. My personal prediction is that it'll end up higher than JL, maybe somewhere between 50-60%. You can quote me later if I'm totally wrong though. :p

If it gets a higher RT score than 40-50% Id be really suprised, but honestly who cares at this point. Of course the majority of the critics are going to go into it with their own bias and expectations, but as long as the fans enjoy it that's all that matters and what's the most important IMO.

i dont think its fair to say all critics are biased.

I dont think ZSJL is going to be the most viewed thing on streaming this year. HBOmax is promoting the movies coming to theaters more than it. A 4hr movie is big mental hurdle for people.

Not even trying to hide it lol

this is going to be a very active thread in a few weeks, I just hope people who are gonna enjoy the movie don't let this stuff bother them. Because it will undoubtedly get ugly. I'd imagine theres a portion of critics who've been sharpening their pitchforks for almost a year.

Lol that guy is very strange.

But yeah, I wouldn't get hopes up for a lot of positivity when it comes to ratings from critics. This is just a bigger, longer Snyder film and critics don't like his work so I wouldn't anticipate much on that front. Maybe some will admit it's better than the TC, or that it is at least in fact a different film? We shall see.

Some verified accounts on twitter were seriously saying that new trailer looked the same when it dropped even though it was damn near all new footage. Lol that's probably what one should anticipate. Can't wait for the 4 hour film to be exactly like the 2 hour one.

From what I figure, it's this: people who have been lambasting everything Snyder makes, or even him as an individual, verified or not, already hate this movie and their opinions will not change once they see it because if the movie turns out better than they expect, it would require some humility which I don't think most of these people have. Some critics will be a part of this, but not all of them.

On the other side of the spectrum, you have people who already think it will be an epic superhero classic, and act toxic towards those who aren't on board. *cough* Snyder cultists *cough*

And then you have the middle folk who are interested in seeing it, fans of Snyder's stuff or not, and want to discuss things in a civil and constructive manner.

Bottom line is, bias will run rampant amongst many folk on social media in regards to this movie and it will be vitriolic and ugly as all hell. Avoiding Twitter when it premieres would be a phenominally good idea. Regardless of people's consensus, what matter is what you as an individual think of the film and whether you enjoyed it or not. That's my philosophy.

This is why Rotten Tomatoes should have a stricter criteria for who votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"