Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you manage to enjoy some of it, at least. ^^'

Honestly, I feel like I could tolerate this movie better if they had at least shown a proper resolution to the film's biggest plot point, which was the world's reaction towards losing superman.

If we had at least gotten a montage that showed people reacting towards seeing superman again, let alone Clark seeing on how much people loved him now, that would have made a world of difference.

Well that and us hearing Hans Zimmer's Superman theme playing in the background as well. I know Elfman didn't have a lot of time to come up with the soundtrack for this film but that doesn't excuse him from not using that particular theme.

To make it up to us WB should make this the opening scene of the Superman solo movie. :cwink: :oldrazz:

Honestly, I feel like I could tolerate this movie better if they had at least shown a proper resolution to the film's biggest plot point, which was the world's reaction towards losing superman.

If we had at least gotten a montage that showed people reacting towards seeing superman again, let alone Clark seeing on how much people loved him now, that would have made a world of difference.

Well that and us hearing Hans Zimmer's Superman theme playing in the background as well. I know Elfman didn't have a lot of time to come up with the soundtrack for this film but that doesn't excuse him from not using that particular theme.

Yup.

I watching Cap:CW and while its battles didn't really seem "epic" they actually looked real.

With JL they were trying to be epic but absolutely nothing looked real.

Well, that's the advantage Marvel have, access to ILM, which is one of the best Vfx company, since both Marvel and ILM belong to Disney, all MCU movies will have stellar CGI, a bit unfair to likes of DC movies.

ILM does work for other studios too, if I am not wrong. They are not exactly exclusive to Disney, are they?

ILM does work for other studios too, if I am not wrong. They are not exactly exclusive to Disney, are they?

Yes, they do, and you're not wrong. ILM worked for WB's Kong The Skull Island.

But, they do work for other Studios only when they are free... that is, when they are not doing any work for their own Studio Disney and it's associated properties (Star Wars, Marvel and other Disney properties.)

Very rarely does Disney hire other Vfx companies to work on their movies, that happens only when ILM is just too busy to handle more projects, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think some other vfx studio worked for Ant-Man.

The first preference for ILM is always their own studio, can't see ILM working for WB at the cost of MCU and Star Wars.

Last edited:
I am just saying it could have been done with better planning. But you are right, ILM might have had their hands full. For all we know, WB did go to them and they could not take the project coz they simply did not have the time.

I am just saying it could have been done with better planning. But you are right, ILM might have had their hands full. For all we know, WB did go to them and they could not take the project coz they simply did not have the time.

Maybe, but the point I was making was.. most of the time MCU movies will look better than DC movies when it comes to special effects.

Yeah. Unless they work out scheduling so that ILM does all their effects. Surely, if they have only one movie out in 2019, they can get it around such that ILM does the SFX?

Yeah. Unless they work out scheduling so that ILM does all their effects. Surely, if they have only one movie out in 2019, they can get it around such that ILM does the SFX?

The other option is to get their work done by Weta Digital, which is as good as ILM, but they are also busy most of the time.

Weta did vfx work for Man of Steel's Krypton scenes.

Well, that's the advantage Marvel have, access to ILM, which is one of the best Vfx company, since both Marvel and ILM belong to Disney, all MCU movies will have stellar CGI, a bit unfair to likes of DC movies.
ILM also did work on majority of Spider-Man Homecoming and it looked worse than the ASM films. We’re at the point where time is affecting everyone. Too many blockbusters hogging for talent, not enough time for the artistry and polish to flourish.

New studios need to come out and compete. If ILM can be dragged under for overwork, no one is immune.

In my opinion... we need to go back to practical effects, stop motion and animatronics like in the 80s and early 90s. I mean, hey, its gotta be a lot cheaper than CGI right? Hehe.

DR0OQObVAAQ9d9y.jpg

With Fox joining Disney, ILM's probably gonna work for their future movies too right? That means there's no window left for WB. They're just gonna have to make do with smaller VFX companies.

In my opinion... we need to go back to practical effects, stop motion and animatronics like in the 80s and early 90s. I mean, hey, its gotta be a lot cheaper than CGI right? Hehe.

You're not wrong, at least for some scenes.
Tell me how making Steppenwolf all CG saved them money.
I refuse to believe practical effects for him not only would have been cheaper, but it would have looked better, especially in the closeup shots.

Everyone is CG crazy, and just because they can CG every scene now doesn't mean they should.

Nothing takes me out of a film quicker than very obvious bad CG.

Last edited:
I watching Cap:CW and while its battles didn't really seem "epic" they actually looked real.

With JL they were trying to be epic but absolutely nothing looked real.

That's because Civil War had a lot of practical effects and there were sets and much as possible was shot in- camera. That can't be said about Justice League where 90% of the film is shot on green screen.

Last edited:
That's because Civil War had a lot of practical effects and there were sets and as much as possible was shot in- camera. That can't be said about Justice League where 90% of the film is shot on green screen.

Umm... what ? They did build sets for JL.

For example, This was a set.

tumblr_p1cnv4CUaq1vwht1do1_500.gif

tumblr_p1cnv4CUaq1vwht1do3_500.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members