Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Do you have to read the thread for that? Wouldn't just checking things out if there are reports/complaints satisfy as oversight? And, maybe it's time to make better distinctions using threads with new purposes: one for the released JL movie and/or a Snyder Cut thread (e.g. Justice League 2017 Discussion) and one for future speculation (there already is a Justice League Sequels board). If one wants to discuss JL comics or the DCEU in general, there are already designated areas for them, I believe. I only suggest encouraging discussion move elsewhere in more appropriate places based on a specific focus because as someone interested in JL, the movie, and how it was made and its past, I like seeing updates about it from Snyder, etc. and don't appreciate complaints when it's harmless stuff. As a mod, perhaps you can address these two problems by reorganizing/redirecting discussion a bit.
Like all the "General & Speculation" threads, this is supposed to be a catch-all thread for JL-related discussion. For the record, I'm not complaining about people posting about the leaks: I'm complaining that the leaks are happening at all. Because it seems like some people close to the production just can't let go and are stringing fans along for something WB have shown no signs of interest in indulging, and I find the very practice of it annoying. Because they aren't showing us BTS stuff from the movie we got. I agree with you, that would be cool. They're baiting frustrated (and in some cases, angry) fans with the stuff they didn't get. They at least appear to be doing it to rile people up. Sorry the complaints annoy you, but they're perfectly allowed within reason. But I do think a Snyder Cut thread sounds like a swell idea if someone here wants to start one.

Do you have to read the thread for that? Wouldn't just checking things out if there are reports/complaints satisfy as oversight? And, maybe it's time to make better distinctions using threads with new purposes: one for the released JL movie and/or a Snyder Cut thread (e.g. Justice League 2017 Discussion) and one for future speculation (there already is a Justice League Sequels board). If one wants to discuss JL comics or the DCEU in general, there are already designated areas for them, I believe. I only suggest encouraging discussion move elsewhere in more appropriate places based on a specific focus because as someone interested in JL, the movie, and how it was made and its past, I like seeing updates about it from Snyder, etc. and don't appreciate complaints when it's harmless stuff. As a mod, perhaps you can address these two problems by reorganizing/redirecting discussion a bit.

I understand. I guess moving on is something I think one can and should do regardless of what others do. I wish you the best in your efforts to look to the future and hope you do get something to enjoy eventually!

For the record. i've been ready and willing to move on. But every time i do someone involved with the production comes out and reveals stuff we were supposed to see and that stuff looks and sounds intriguing. I kinda wish Zack himself would just put the kibosh on the whole thing for good, but truth is, he's probably the most bitter about the whole thing so he's sittinf back and watching the show.

For the record. i've been ready and willing to move on. But every time i do someone involved with the production comes out and reveals stuff we were supposed to see and that stuff looks and sounds intriguing. I kinda wish Zack himself would just put the kibosh on the whole thing for good, but truth is, he's probably the most bitter about the whole thing so he's sittinf back and watching the show.

36grz4.jpeg

That or he is more than likely still under contract where he is not allowed to talk about it. At this rate however you can pretty much piece together how his movie would've been and as a fan of MoS I am disappointed since it looks like his JL movie was shaping up to look like that.

Again I want to make it clear, I'm not criticizing you guys for getting pulled back in and posting about them every time a leak happens. Of course you should do that if it interests you. I was just being critical about the people doing the actual leaking. Because I agree with you, I'd love it if Zack would put the kibosh on all this. It all reeks of pettiness and sour grapes to me. But I know there's no reason he should want to, so it will likely continue.

Again I want to make it clear, I'm not criticizing you guys for getting pulled back in and posting about them every time a leak happens. Of course you should do that if it interests you. I was just being critical about the people doing the actual leaking. Because I agree with you, I'd love it if Zack would put the kibosh on all this. It all reeks of pettiness and sour grapes to me. But I know there's no reason he should want to, so it will likely continue.
For me it just seems like a bunch of crew members who worked hard on a movie that they believed in and are upset that when they were told their movie would stay intact with just minor changes and were lied too. They're now lashing out because they might want people to know the movie they worked on was not a joke.

Last edited:
For me it just seems like a bunch of crew members who worked hard on a movie that they believed in and are upset that when they were told their movie would stay intact with just minor changes and were lied too. They're now lashing out because they want might want people to know the movie they worked on was not a joke.
I get that, but it's reached the point of being unprofessional, imo. Anyone in Hollywood knows, especially those working on major studio tentpoles - sometimes a project works out, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes your work gets seen, a lot of times it doesn't. The thing grown-ups do when that happens is move on to the next project, and discuss what you're allowed if you're asked about it in the press or if there's a documentary 10 or 20 years down the line. They should go whine to the cast and crews of Justice League: Mortal and Superman Lives about how only 40% of their work on the project got seen in theaters and see how that's received.

This guy is one of Zack's biggest boosters and defenders on Twitter, and he had the most rational take on the whole thing.

Last edited:
Cont.

The whole rhetoric and movement around the cut has become so unnecessarily militarized and charged ("Us vs. Them") that it's done more harm than good to any potential release the cut movement. All this talk of WB trying to discredit the movement hasn't taken into account that it was already doing a pretty good job of that on its own.

I can only begin to understand the crap some bloggers/tweeters/video critics get over this issue. I don't read blogs or twitter or watch the video people (until posted on here, then I watch or read to check for content)....but I am aware they take a lot of crap if they are not 1,000 % praising of Snyder 24/7. The thing I wonder about is.....do any of these Snyder fans understand what they are doing? I love movies....I love long movies....I love seeing special editions with extra or alternate takes on things.....but, from the actions of the "Snyderfanatics".....I kinda don't care if a special director's cut is released because I feel they don't deserve it. Spending most of your life insulting, berating, and annoying people does not get people to join your side on an issue.

I can only begin to understand the crap some bloggers/tweeters/video critics get over this issue. I don't read blogs or twitter or watch the video people (until posted on here, then I watch or read to check for content)....but I am aware they take a lot of crap if they are not 1,000 % praising of Snyder 24/7. The thing I wonder about is.....do any of these Snyder fans understand what they are doing? I love movies....I love long movies....I love seeing special editions with extra or alternate takes on things.....but, from the actions of the "Snyderfanatics".....I kinda don't care if a special director's cut is released because I feel they don't deserve it. Spending most of your life insulting, berating, and annoying people does not get people to join your side on an issue.

I agree as a general rule. I also think there are bloggers that like to fan the flame for click bait, but then claim victim when they get people riled up and attacking them (btw, there is never an excuse to attack someone).

I really, really want to see the Snyder Cut one day in my life and I like what Zack does with his films. How WB butchered the film, ESPECIALLY Superman, will always leave a SOUR feeling in the deepest pits of my stomach.

But I loathe the Snyder Extremists. They are too dense to realize being nasty buttholes will only strengthen WB's stance of not giving even MORE crap about it.

I agree with you but most of the bloggers that get a lot of heat are the ones that say the movie doesn't exist. Like Jett who kept saying Snyder's movie doesn't exist and Aflack and John's never turned in a script for The Batman. That's where most of the heat comes from.

I really, really want to see the Snyder Cut one day in my life and I like what Zack does with his films. How WB butchered the film, ESPECIALLY Superman, will always leave a SOUR feeling in the deepest pits of my stomach.

But I loathe the Snyder Extremists. They are too dense to realize being nasty buttholes will only strengthen WB's stance of not giving even MORE crap about it.
Agreed.

The one thing I will say though this movie is in an interesting situation because unlike Superman II where Donner shot only 45% of the movie this movie is completely finished and the FXs were (going by rumors) about 95% done. So this for the most part is a completed movie that was reshot in about 3 months. So there are really two different versions of this movie and 2 different stories.

Amen. :up:

The sad part is Johns who has wrote some great Superman stories and one of the only few writers who made the Superman Wonder Woman relationship work and who also saved and made Conner Kent and Cassie work worked hard on this movie with Snyder and by all accounts this was supposed to have some great Superman moments and Lois moments and they (the WB) changed all of that and turned him into a laughing joke. It is almost like they went out of their way to hurt the Superman franchise.

I think part of the problem was that Justice League wasnt just the culmination of Snyder's 3 part saga, it was also the culmination of a near 5 year war within the fanbase about Snyder's work. Since Man of Steel, Snyder sparked a fire amongst DC fans and heated debates, and editorials and dissertations have raged on through BvS and ultimately JL about how bad or how good or how brilliant or how abysmal Snyder's vision is. So when JL got taken away from Zack and we got the compromised film we got, a lot of the extremist fans were like "thats it. This is the last straw" and went on a full on assault while a lot of the detrctors kinda had already shrugged their shoulders and gave up by that point because they said what they had to say already.

And believe me, im not defending their behavior one bit but i think alot of this hostility is the culmination of this 5 year fan war started in Man of Steel.

The one thing I will say though this movie is in an interesting situation because unlike Superman II where Donner shot only 45% of the movie this movie is completely finished and the FXs were (going by rumors) about 95% done. So this for the most part is a completed movie that was reshot in about 3 months. So there are really two different versions of this movie and 2 different stories.

It's hard for me to believe that Snyder was 95% done.

Batman v. Superman finished filming in December of 2014 and still had 15 months before it's release. Justice League finished filming October 2016 and Zack "officially" stepped away in May of 2017.

I guess it depends when you believe when Whedon took over for Snyder. Cause i think it was way before May 2017.

Weren't there reports that Zack was actually fired SEVERAL months before his "stepping away" was announced? So what people are claiming they saw as the "Snyder Cut" might actually just be the version of the film that other people assembled before the re-shoots happened. And because it's the footage Zack shot, they call it that. But if the director's not overseeing the editing, I wouldn't call it his cut, because a lot happens there.

I don't really believe his version could've been 95% complete before he left the project, either.

I think part of the problem was that Justice League wasnt just the culmination of Snyder's 3 part saga, it was also the culmination of a near 5 year war within the fanbase about Snyder's work. Since Man of Steel, Snyder sparked a fire amongst DC fans and heated debates, and editorials and dissertations have raged on through BvS and ultimately JL about how bad or how good or how brilliant or how abysmal Snyder's vision is. So when JL got taken away from Zack and we got the compromised film we got, a lot of the extremist fans were like "thats it. This is the last straw" and went on a full on assault while a lot of the detrctors kinda had already shrugged their shoulders and gave up by that point because they said what they had to say already.

And believe me, im not defending their behavior one bit but i think alot of this hostility is the culmination of this 5 year fan war started in Man of Steel.
Agreed and that's kinda what upset me about all of this because I was never a big Snyder fan I only liked Watchmen and Dawn of the Dead ( and I didn't even know he directed Dotd till after MoS) but I loved whT he was doing with the DCEU because for me he took Superman: Earth One (one of my favorite versions of Superman) and put him on film and made it work. Not only that I really liked the direction of this universe and how it all started with Superman even right down to the JL. Personally I would've been fine if they took Snyder off of JL before shooting the movie but my issue became once you let him shoot and finish the movie then you should've released and retooled things in phase 2. Because as a Superman fan IMO they have done a lot of damage to the franchise and have burned a lot of good will with the fans between this and Supergirl. So they have a lot of work to do to earn my trust back which is why I say bringing Cavill back is a huge step in the right direction.

It's hard for me to believe that Snyder was 95% done.

Batman v. Superman finished filming in December of 2014 and still had 15 months before it's release. Justice League finished filming October 2016 and Zack "officially" stepped away in May of 2017.

I guess it depends when you believe when Whedon took over for Snyder. Cause i think it was way before May 2017.
Weren't there reports that Zack was actually fired SEVERAL months before his "stepping away" was announced? So what people are claiming they saw as the "Snyder Cut" might actually just be the version of the film that other people assembled before the re-shoots happened.
There was a tweet from production way before Snyder left showcasing and saying they were putting the final touches on the movie and he actually gave an explanation telling the fans the movie was locked. Which is why rumor has it about 95% of the movie was done.

Weren't there reports that Zack was actually fired SEVERAL months before his "stepping away" was announced? So what people are claiming they saw as the "Snyder Cut" might actually just be the version of the film that other people assembled before the re-shoots happened.
There was a tweet from production way before Snyder left showcasing and saying they were putting the final touches on the movie and he actually gave an explanation telling the fans the movie was locked. Which is why rumor has it about 95% of the movie was done.
And again, that could be PR at work. If he was fired, everyone involved would be instructed not to give any signs of trouble, INCLUDING him. Being fired from a project like this that you signed an extensive contract on doesn't mean you're free to say whatever you want. We'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"