Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

CGI really is the culprit of these huge budgeted movies. Well, that and the actors' salaries. But CGI on a blockbuster film easily commands tens of millions of dollars, maybe even one hundred million in some cases. The thing is, they use CGI because its "easier" than taking the time to stage and use practical effects. Using real explosions, as cool as it is is a risk every time and you're putting crew members at risk. Having a CGI explosion poses no risk.
I totally appreciate that, you would think WB can use models of cgi and cross reference it tho, i have seen samples where warships are used in various movies that started off on one film, then mirrored for another movie and scene, point i am making, jurassic part t rex back in the 90's hasn't been beaten in mind mind... so why do the sequels look worse, is it because movies are being shot differently, higher quality?
CGI towns, planets, etc... i dunno, the craft is being lost to a different 'craft'. I look at some scenes of superman the movie and the flight looks damn real, it looks how ti would look in real life because he is on ropes, in mos the cape is blowing, sure it looks majestic but it isn't 'real' and real may not look good, but it's real.

But why has 1 billion been the target... make a good movie, a heist movie with the team.. CGI doesn't have to be the key factor

The context around the genre as a whole, unfortunately. When you have the last two solo movies starring Batman both hit over a billion and then the distinguished competition having several flicks doing those sorts of numbers as well, you're not gonna be happy with a team-up starring Batman and other A-list characters failing to hit that bar. Which is another problem since they're spending way too much money on these films in an attempt to catch up, which I think was best illustrated by Thor: Ragnarok costing about half of what Justice League did despite being far more successful.

There was a lack of understanding that pouring money into a movie does not guarantee a success, which is why Hamada was brought on to trim the fat and keep the costs down.

You have 2 alternatives, cast unknowns for multiple movies or make a movie where they just sit and talk about their differences.

Otherwise, you are going to need to spend a lot of money. It's like the differences between the action in say the Star Trek movies and the Star Wars movies.

That's the thing. Blockbusters by definition are expensive, but the amount of films that cost 250 million and over is still quite small in the grand scheme of things. Aquaman is looking great so far and reportedly only cost around 160 million.

You have 2 alternatives, cast unknowns for multiple movies or make a movie where they just sit and talk about their differences.

Otherwise, you are going to need to spend a lot of money. It's like the differences between the action in say the Star Trek movies and the Star Wars movies.

But they won't really want to invest in unknowns, that is the problem, unless they had a stellar director and the cast just blow it out the park.

I think they meant unknowns for the actors, at least that's how I read it. Which is fairly common for superhero movies. I mean Henry Cavill was pretty much unknown before Man of Steel (and of course, one of the reasons the Superman series is allegedly in limbo is his agency arguing that he deserves a movie star salary now). Getting a big name actor to play the hero is still relatively rare, like Tom Hardy as Venom, Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange or Affleck as Batman. The studios seem to prefer unknowns or talented up-and-comers.

That's the thing. Blockbusters by definition are expensive, but the amount of films that cost 250 million and over is still quite small in the grand scheme of things. Aquaman is looking great so far and reportedly only cost around 160 million.

WOW. Aquaman is 160?? And it looks a million times better than Justice League visually. I guess Aquaman doesnt have the large salaries to worry about and shooting on location. Moat of the movie is probably on a soundstage.

WOW. Aquaman is 160?? And it looks a million times better than Justice League visually. I guess Aquaman doesnt have the large salaries to worry about and shooting on location. Moat of the movie is probably on a soundstage.
it also only has one director, and one cinematographer. and not undergoing extensive reshoots.

And Wonder Woman was around the $150 million mark. I think this is the kind of budget the DCEU should aim for with their solo movies.

I think they meant unknowns for the actors, at least that's how I read it. Which is fairly common for superhero movies. I mean Henry Cavill was pretty much unknown before Man of Steel (and of course, one of the reasons the Superman series is allegedly in limbo is his agency arguing that he deserves a movie star salary now). Getting a big name actor to play the hero is still relatively rare, like Tom Hardy as Venom, Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange or Affleck as Batman. The studios seem to prefer unknowns or talented up-and-comers.
Yeah, up-and-comers are also more likely to sign long term deals.

I remember seeing this before.
I imagine this is how far along the CGI is on some of other the cut material as well. Personally I wouldn't mind a few scenes like that, but I can under WB not wanting to release it.

Honestly I think the Cyborg and some of SW stuff were the only things left unfinished in JL. But as I said before that's in the past now and the WB really needs to start plugging up these leaks if they want the public to stop asking questions. Either that or they need to just make an official statement and just hope people will accept whatever they say. Because this isn't going away till they either do that or start plugging up these leaks.

lol so much new stuff keeps coming out all the time.

77a41ygp7ys11.jpg

Man, Zack's Darkseid would've been a scary evil badass, I have no doubt of that. What I would give to just see the clip of him staring down the League in JL.

ScreenRant's article is just speculation though. Theyre assuming Darkseid fought Ares based on the mural but dont know Zack shot that. I dont think he did. Badass idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"