Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

They don't go solely by domestic anymore.
Well if you can find the opening and actual totals for all the other territories, be my guest. BvS had way worse legs domestically. Way worse. And the opening was way down because of the reaction to BvS.

"I’d rather focus on the future rather than what’s been." - Henry Cavill

It's so weird how some were hailing Cavill's comments earlier today as an attitude to embrace going forward, but here we are relitigating the past.

"I’d rather focus on the future rather than what’s been." - Henry Cavill

It's so weird how some were hailing Cavill's comments earlier today as an attitude to embrace going forward, but here we are relitigating the past.
Well Cavill's trying to get paid. I don't blame him. Also probably after working on a successful tentpole like Mission Impossible, he probably thinks he can get this done. Which I hope he does. I quite like him as Superman, even if the writing and direction hasn't helped him.

Well Cavill's trying to get paid. I don't blame him. Also probably after working on a successful tentpole like Mission Impossible, he probably thinks he can get this done. Which I hope he does. I quite like him as Superman, even if the writing and direction hasn't helped him.

Exactly :up:

What does this have to do with what I said? I was just saying it's weird everyone keeps talking about the past (e.g. box office) when, earlier, they were recommending everyone take Cavill's advice and move on and look to the future.

Because some WSJ "reporter" wrote an article of the past?

Because some WSJ "reporter" wrote an article of the past?

That doesn't require wallowing in the Twitter drama or relitigating box office performance, though. If anything, the article was about closing the book on the past. And, look, I'm angry about how that article was approached and the line crossing that happened on Twitter by extremists on both sides, but if so many here really want to embrace moving on and looking to the future, now would be a good time to start.

Just playing devil’s advocate, but aren't the Justice League threads by their nature about looking at the past?
As the film has already come out, the topic of conversation is looking back at the film.
There are threads for Justice League Sequels, Aquaman, Shazam etc for those wanting to discuss future DCEU projects.
The only reason I can see coming to the Justice League threads would be to talk about the past (with the exception of talking about the future of the Snyder cut, which as far as I know, doesn't have dedicated threads).

Just playing devil’s advocate, but aren't the Justice League threads by their nature about looking at the past?
As the film has already come out, the topic of conversation is looking back at the film.
There are threads for Justice League Sequels, Aquaman, Shazam etc for those wanting to discuss future DCEU projects.
The only reason I can see coming to the Justice League threads would be to talk about the past (with the exception of talking about the future of the Snyder cut, which as far as I know, doesn't have dedicated threads).

Oh, sure. I think looking at the past in terms of the actual movie makes sense, like talking about the story or even the changes that occurred which includes the future of the Snyder cut. It was the discussion of the box office or what could have been where the whole history of the DCEU was the focus that seemed counterproductive.

In other words, those types of discussions feel like they're wallowing in or debating a past that, with the news of no Snydercut for now and the DCEU moving away from the Snyder era, is settled. Perhaps that distinction isn't that important or clear enough for me to weigh in as I did, and I would get that point of view and apologize if I offended. I guess I was just concerned about getting too lost in that.

So no Injustice Gang or Legion of Doom movie coming. This is one of the reasons why Warner Bros/DC suck. They give up after one failure instead of moving on or trying to improve in the sequel. Focus will be on standalone films from now on. I like it when the solo films focus primarily on just their main character, and not cameos and introducing other DC (or Marvel) characters. But a movie with the Justice League facing off the Legion of Doom would have been huge as long as they didn't give it a "Justice League" title in the movie, that might have worked...but my point is also that Marvel has never done anything like that, so that door is still open. They better dot hat before Marvel beats them to it.

The Avengers have only really battled a one army man. Loki had the tritari (or whatever it was called), Ultron had...Ultrons. Thanos and a few sidekicks.

But in a movie with Luthor, and another Superman villain, Cheetah, Joker, Black Manta, Grodd maybe, Reverse-Flash, and Sinestro would be epic. When you have a team of iconic heroes and villains battle, it's a combo event.

Only 3 films set to be released by DC, and it doesn't look very good.

So no Injustice Gang or Legion of Doom movie coming. This is one of the reasons why Warner Bros/DC suck. They give up after one failure instead of moving on or trying to improve in the sequel. Focus will be on standalone films from now on.

That sounds entirely reasonable. Focus on what is in front of you first before you go in on all the crossover crisis nonsense.

So no Injustice Gang or Legion of Doom movie coming. This is one of the reasons why Warner Bros/DC suck. They give up after one failure instead of moving on or trying to improve in the sequel. Focus will be on standalone films from now on. I like it when the solo films focus primarily on just their main character, and not cameos and introducing other DC (or Marvel) characters. But a movie with the Justice League facing off the Legion of Doom would have been huge as long as they didn't give it a "Justice League" title in the movie, that might have worked...but my point is also that Marvel has never done anything like that, so that door is still open. They better dot hat before Marvel beats them to it.

The Avengers have only really battled a one army man. Loki had the tritari (or whatever it was called), Ultron had...Ultrons. Thanos and a few sidekicks.

But in a movie with Luthor, and another Superman villain, Cheetah, Joker, Black Manta, Grodd maybe, Reverse-Flash, and Sinestro would be epic. When you have a team of iconic heroes and villains battle, it's a combo event.

Only 3 films set to be released by DC, and it doesn't look very good.

Actually there are like 8 in the pipeline, Hamada just decided to announce 4 of them - Aquaman, Shazam, Joker and WW84.

BOP, Batman, Flash and SS2 don't have a release date yet but at least 2 of them are gearing towards production.

The new boss just don't announce new films until they are close to production now.

If they stabilize the brand with these 8 films over the next 2.5 years, and we get the Superman and GLC movies we deserve, THEN I'm sure they'll look at JL2 or Legion of Doom etc again, and that's a good strategy because announcing JL2 and release it in the immediate future is just PR and b.o suicide, after the b.o. result of JL last year.

Hamada don't seem all that concerned with beating Marvel. Seems he cares more about tending to the brand itself. I'm grateful.

No, I'm sure they have no plans for the Legion of Doom. Just movies featuring Black Manta, Cheetah, Deathstroke, Black Adam and apparently Joker...it's just a wonderful coincidence.

I'm sure they're keeping the option open, but I don't see any official announcements coming until all of those characters have debuted.

No, I'm sure they have no plans for the Legion of Doom. Just movies featuring Black Manta, Cheetah, Deathstroke, Black Adam and apparently Joker...it's just a wonderful coincidence.

Just playing devil's advocate, but most of those would've likely been greenlit or decided on before Hamada started cleaning house.

(I'm also very skeptical the Leto Joker movie is getting made, but I digress...)

That line up is actually pretty good, if they want to do it in a few years, the characters and actors and their receptions are already in place for them to assess the situation.

Sure, but then again, those also happen to be key enemies of the heroes we will be seeing on film. Black Adam and Slade aren't typically LOD guys anyway. So, in the end, we still would be getting enemies to the heroes in their solo movies. Whether that amounts to anything, we will have to see.

Just playing devil's advocate, but most of those would've likely been greenlit or decided on before Hamada started cleaning house.

(I'm also very skeptical the Leto Joker movie is getting made, but I digress...)

Yeah, I get that these are key enemies, but that's where the Legion comes from. They'd be fools not to be considering it if these films do well. The studio is clearly aware of the potential.

I don't know that they had concrete plans for an actual film...but the idea has been planted.

There's also JOKER. The character himself is going to be exposed. There's also potential appearances in Reeves' franchise, SUICIDE SQUAD 2, a Harley/Joker movie that was being kicked around, etc.

I wouldn't count out the LOD quite yet just because the film itself isn't greenlit. You've also got THE FLASH and GL in various stages of development. If I had to guess, we'd learn more about LOD plans once Flash and GL would be released.

I don’t think they’re looking too far ahead but I do think they were planning on LOD at one stage. I think that they’ll naturally progress to the LOD again and then pull off a huge team up film where the JL face off against the LOD.

Was watching the Man of Steel Smallville fight again and I kept thinking, "damn, we could've eventually had a Superman vs Darkseid fight like this..." :(

Was watching the Man of Steel Smallville fight again and I kept thinking, "damn, we could've eventually had a Superman vs Darkseid fight like this..." :(
Not only a Superman vs Darkseid fight we could've seen a Justice League vs SW fight like that.

Not only fight but the overall feel. MoS and BvS had some solemn quality to them all the other CBMs don't have. I miss that a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"