Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

So basically, all of you that thought that Wall Street Journal was going to validate your hope for a Zack Snyder cut were wrong?

The Snyder cut is dead. Bury it.

LOL. WSJ article was a nothing piece. They interviewed people who actually worked on the movie and were on set, and decided not to publish their quotes. Solid move bucko :funny:

Also this :

https://twitter.com/jayoliva1/status/1022509605631315969

So funny to see haters getting so worked up over people wanting to see a director's cut of a movie. "WHY DO YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DONT HURR DURR" its almost like they are afraid lol

Even though I've given up on the ZS cut, I see no harm in people fighting for it until WB tells them to stop. It literally doesnt harm anyone. I think some people are just tired of seeing Zack Snyder's name in headlines on articles because it gives them hot flashes of what they hated in MoS ans BvS, so they tell his fans to stop asking for it.

One thing is undeniable at this point tho, its not just ZS fans who are fighting for it. All these leaked clips are coming from sources close to the production and these people are also obviously fighting for the ZS cut and willing to risk their jobs for it which is kind of fascinating. When have we ever seen such a rebellious groundswell like this for a movie?

DjPwihCU8AAcgQ3.jpg

Straight outta the pages.

If anything Warner Bros should have just let Snyder release his cut in theaters as originally planned and start off with a fresh slate with Aquaman, regardless of what response his cut would have gotten. That way Warner Bros could have wiped their hands clean and not alienate more people in the process.

Exactly this!

As soon as they’d decided to let Snyder start filming Justice League they should have let him finish and release his cut. They apparently thought they couldn’t save JL anyway so why waste the money on the reshoots? Just doesn’t make sense.

Take this with the graniest of salts but apparently there is a con going on right now where Ray Risher and Mamoa are at and several fans are allegedly reporting that they've straight up asked them about the Snyder cut. One person says Mamoa shouted out "Justice League is good, the Snyder is better!" another fan says Mamoa said "The Snyder Cut exists." Another is reportedly saying that Ray told a fan "not to give up on the Snyder Cut."

Lastly, apparently on Vero, a fan asked Zack himself "Sir did we lose? How do we keep fighting?" to which Zack replied with a "Strong arm" emoji basically telling the fan to "Stay strong." lol

Again, take Ray and Jason's comments with a grain of salt, these fans could very well be lying just to stir up the pot, but even if they're not and they actually did say those things, it still doesn't mean much but it does maybe show that even the actors are supporting the #releasethesnydercut movement and are fighting the studio for it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some weekend gossip. Again, my hopes are gone for the thing but I'm entertained watching this thing continue rage on.

Take this with the graniest of salts but apparently there is a con going on right now where Ray Risher and Mamoa are at and several fans are allegedly reporting that they've straight up asked them about the Snyder cut. One person says Mamoa shouted out "Justice League is good, the Snyder is better!" another fan says Mamoa said "The Snyder Cut exists." Another is reportedly saying that Ray told a fan "not to give up on the Snyder Cut."

Lastly, apparently on Vero, a fan asked Zack himself "Sir did we lose? How do we keep fighting?" to which Zack replied with a "Strong arm" emoji basically telling the fan to "Stay strong." lol

Again, take Ray and Jason's comments with a grain of salt, these fans could very well be lying just to stir up the pot, but even if they're not and they actually did say those things, it still doesn't mean much but it does maybe show that even the actors are supporting the #releasethesnydercut movement and are fighting the studio for it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some weekend gossip. Again, my hopes are gone for the thing but I'm entertained watching this thing continue rage on.

What's weird is if it was coming from one account, or 2-3 random accounts I'd ignore it. But its coming from "DC World", a genuine dude who goes to all the cons, and has never lied for attention before, isnt even a huge Snyder cut supporter or something. He made the post, and lots of other people have backed it up with the same thing, and they all went to the con as well(have pics etc).

Well for me it changes very little. I already knew Snyder cut exists in a near complete/done state. Its about if/when WB chooses to release it. Its encouraging to hear that the actors and the crew want it as well.

I have no doubt Jason said it. Again.

Jason needs to stop drinking during those things. He will get himself into trouble. WB cannot possibly be happy about him saying that stuff to whoever will listen

I was thinking earlier - the bond franchise in particular is known for having a prologue of sorts before each movie, rolling into the credits - they may or may not link tot he actually movie, but indirectly.

how would you feel if DC moved forward with prologues before each movie, which didn't necessarily link to the events of the movie, but the actual universe of the Justice League itself. Like mini cameos.

Example, a rogue alien ship crash lands on earth, in the middle of nowhere - a baron area out int he middle east. The UN are alerted as jets buzz the craft as it loses control and makes its decent. The door opens and human kid aliens walk out, surveying the area. A been glow appears and the camera pans on white boots, pans up ands we see a GL, Hal Jordan. He holds his finger to his, and speaks into the hidden ear piece 'black circle crime syndicate' as this happens, a sonic boom and Superman lands, majestic. In a room, Bruce is receiving Hal's message and relays to the two - UN enroute lt's make it quick.

A massive green holographic dome surrounds the aliens as they panic and start shooting, Superman goes in and pulls out crew from the craft, one escapes, but not before a gold lasso wraps around their leg and pulls them down.

A while away a kid and donkey see the commotion and walks towards them, pulling out a camera, the basic of cameras and takes an epic shot.
Clark looks over and in a blink of an eye with dust swirling, Superman explains it isn't safe and shelters him from a blast - then gives him a 'i told you so look'.

The scene then cuts to a satellite, in space, where the JL hand over the aliens to the gL corps and they congratulate each other on a job well done.

Then a monitor flashes and the city of metropolis is mentioned on a news report - Diana says something like 'That's you busy for the afternoon Clark' and boom, off he goes.

I was thinking earlier - the bond franchise in particular is known for having a prologue of sorts before each movie, rolling into the credits - they may or may not link tot he actually movie, but indirectly.

how would you feel if DC moved forward with prologues before each movie, which didn't necessarily link to the events of the movie, but the actual universe of the Justice League itself. Like mini cameos.

Example, a rogue alien ship crash lands on earth, in the middle of nowhere - a baron area out int he middle east. The UN are alerted as jets buzz the craft as it loses control and makes its decent. The door opens and human kid aliens walk out, surveying the area. A been glow appears and the camera pans on white boots, pans up ands we see a GL, Hal Jordan. He holds his finger to his, and speaks into the hidden ear piece 'black circle crime syndicate' as this happens, a sonic boom and Superman lands, majestic. In a room, Bruce is receiving Hal's message and relays to the two - UN enroute lt's make it quick.

A massive green holographic dome surrounds the aliens as they panic and start shooting, Superman goes in and pulls out crew from the craft, one escapes, but not before a gold lasso wraps around their leg and pulls them down.

A while away a kid and donkey see the commotion and walks towards them, pulling out a camera, the basic of cameras and takes an epic shot.
Clark looks over and in a blink of an eye with dust swirling, Superman explains it isn't safe and shelters him from a blast - then gives him a 'i told you so look'.

The scene then cuts to a satellite, in space, where the JL hand over the aliens to the gL corps and they congratulate each other on a job well done.

Then a monitor flashes and the city of metropolis is mentioned on a news report - Diana says something like 'That's you busy for the afternoon Clark' and boom, off he goes.

Makes me think of Batman the Brave and the Bold and how those episodes would often start with a mini adventure with Batman teaming up with a different hero other than who appeared in the episode.

Not sure it would work as part of the film but what if they did it like those Pixar animations where you have a mini cartoon before the main feature. Of course in this scenario it would be a mini live action adventure before the film. It would also be different to Marvel’s mid/post credit scenes.

So basically, all of you that thought that Wall Street Journal was going to validate your hope for a Zack Snyder cut were wrong?

Did anyone seriously think that was the case though? Even with Comic-Con were there really people who thought that was gonna happen?

Makes me think of Batman the Brave and the Bold and how those episodes would often start with a mini adventure with Batman teaming up with a different hero other than who appeared in the episode.

Not sure it would work as part of the film but what if they did it like those Pixar animations where you have a mini cartoon before the main feature. Of course in this scenario it would be a mini live action adventure before the film. It would also be different to Marvel’s mid/post credit scenes.

I just thought that, that it could tell a mini story - 10 mins worth and it can purely focus on characters from the league and be a random location - it could feel totally isolated and yet be a thrill ride which acts a steroided post credit sequence - it's a neat idea in my mind. Then we can focus on one character in the movie. It's a great way to show that they do work as a team, without a mega blockbuster.

I have no doubt Jason said it. Again.

Jason needs to stop drinking during those things. He will get himself into trouble. WB cannot possibly be happy about him saying that stuff to whoever will listen

6972.jpg

Lets see how loose lipped he gets durinf the Aquaman press tour.

Lets see how loose lipped he gets durinf the Aquaman press tour.

Hopefully not at all. WB cannot possibly be happy he is doing this. It's sweet he is backing Zack but come on. Aquaman is his last shot in a career full of flops. If it does less than stellar all he will have left is a big studio thinking he is a loose cannon

I think because of this shirt business last year on Con we are never seeing Ray as Cyboig again

Hopefully not at all. WB cannot possibly be happy he is doing this. It's sweet he is backing Zack but come on. Aquaman is his last shot in a career full of flops. If it does less than stellar all he will have left is a big studio thinking he is a loose cannon

I think because of this shirt business last year on Con we are never seeing Ray as Cyboig again

tumblr_pc8ugsV4WS1rjnsqio2_r2_400.gif

It's WB's fault, people (Actors, Snyder fans, media people and Industry people who worked on the movie) would have stopped talking about Snyder and Justice league, had the Studio released some version of JL with Snyder shot scenes put back in.

People liked Ray as Cyborg, so fans will bring that up too, WB cannot sweep everything under carpet.

Last edited:

His people are doing terrible job at looking after him, seriously.

It's WB's fault, people (Actors, Snyder fans, media people and Industry people who worked on the movie) would have stopped talking about Snyder and Justice league, had the Studio released some version of JL with Snyder shot scenes put back in.

People liked Ray as Cyborg, so fans will bring that up too, WB cannot sweep everything under carpet.

Wanna bet?

Eh, I dont think Ray wearing an "I love Zack Snyder" shirt last year upset anyone. I dont think the studio saw that as a form of protest or cared that much. With that said, yes, I think we've seen the last of his Cyborg but not because of that, simply bevause JL flopped and since theres no sequel in play there simply is no room or demand for Cyborg on this future roster of films.

Shame. He was one of the better aspects of JL too. He was great as Vic.

Eh, I dont think Ray wearing an "I love Zack Snyder" shirt last year upset anyone. I dont think the studio saw that as a form of protest or cared that much. With that said, yes, I think we've seen the last of his Cyborg but not because of that, simply bevause JL flopped and since theres no sequel in play there simply is no room or demand for Cyborg on this future roster of films.

He really was great, I think he’ll be back as I honestly think they’re building to JL vs LOD. I think it’s likely the long term plan.

You have higher opinion of WB suits than I do. I think they are petty, greedy little men who hold grudges and want to destroy all joy:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"