Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Sorry that’s not what I meant, I mean Superman looking like human Ray Palmer or human Jeremiah Danvers makes no sense. The reason Henry Allen of E1, Jay Garrick of E3 and Barry Allen of E90 all look alike can be explained as it has been on the shows. If Jay of E3 or Barry of E90 had a kid with the same woman they could look exactly like E1 Barry (Grant Gustin). But a non related Kryptonian aka Superman looking like humans Ray and Jeremiah on other Earth’s doesn’t match the logic set up on the shows nor does it make sense.

OK, I get the context but I was making a general point about Superman's origin story as in Comics. Extrapolating from your initial point, though it was a tangent in a different direction.

Sorry that’s not what I meant, I mean Superman looking like human Ray Palmer or human Jeremiah Danvers makes no sense. The reason Henry Allen of E1, Jay Garrick of E3 and Barry Allen of E90 all look alike can be explained as it has been on the shows. If Jay of E3 or Barry of E90 had a kid with the same woman they could look exactly like E1 Barry (Grant Gustin). But a non related Kryptonian aka Superman looking like humans Ray and Jeremiah on other Earth’s doesn’t match the logic set up on the shows nor does it make sense.
But once again no one would care about that. It would be like what if JL Flash accidently showed up in TV Flash world. Which is something Johns brought up a while back that could happen.

OK, I get the context but I was making a general point about Superman's origin story as in Comics. Extrapolating from your initial point, though it was a tangent in a different direction.

Fair enough. I personally feel they should look like us.

But once again no one would care about that. It would be like what if JL Flash accidently showed up in TV Flash world. Which is something Johns brought up a while back that could happen.

I don’t disagree I think ppl would probably enjoy it. But I’d hope they wouldn’t sacrifice logic for the sake of a few cameos for geek kicks.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I personally feel they should look like us.

I don’t disagree I think ppl would probably enjoy it. But I’d hope they would sacrifice logic for the sake of a few cameos for geek kicks.
This is the CW we're talking about this is what they're known for doing. I mean just look at what they did to 90's Flash.

This is the CW we're talking about this is what they're known for doing. I mean just look at what they did to 90's Flash.

Of course but he worked in the logic of the show.

In any case if they do it, I don’t see the actors suiting back up. It would likely be stock footage in cameos.

In any case this isn’t the thread for it.

I don't see any problem with either Kryptonians looking like humans or alternate universe look-a-likes.
Sure it's unrealistic for humans and aliens to look similar, but tell that to Doctor Who or Star Trek. It's ok because its a story not a documentary on what alien life might look like.
It's a metaphor, Superman is a symbol for what humanity can become, a figure for us to aspire towards. Looking like a human helps with that.
I think having the Kryptonians looking like humans drives home the message that they were just like us, and we could make the same mistakes they did.

And when you come to alternate universes anything goes. That's the fun of the Multiverse, that there's a universe where Superman is black, a woman, Captain Marvel, Dr Manhatten, Etrigan, a robot, a vampire, a monster made from thoughts, a rabbit...
If you can accept all that, is looking like Ray Palmer really such a stretch?

I agree with the bolded part. If I was a writer for Superman comics relaunch (or Else-worlds), I would make the Original Kryptonians look like humanoid aliens.
Aesthetic-Machine-Deviant-Art-Mass-Effect-Alien-Head-Concept.jpg

Jor El would send an automated probe (in stealth mode) on Earth to collect data and gather information first. Then they decide to genetically engineer their baby who is designed to look like Human and then after his birth they send him to Earth to escape Krypton's fate.

I suppose when someone can shoot heat out of his eyes, it's less of an issue, but yeah, I've always kind of wanted to see that.

I don't see any problem with either Kryptonians looking like humans or alternate universe look-a-likes.
Sure it's unrealistic for humans and aliens to look similar, but tell that to Doctor Who or Star Trek. It's ok because its a story not a documentary on what alien life might look like.
It's a metaphor, Superman is a symbol for what humanity can become, a figure for us to aspire towards. Looking like a human helps with that.
I think having the Kryptonians looking like humans drives home the message that they were just like us, and we could make the same mistakes they did.

And when you come to alternate universes anything goes. That's the fun of the Multiverse, that there's a universe where Superman is black, a woman, Captain Marvel, Dr Manhatten, Etrigan, a robot, a vampire, a monster made from thoughts, a rabbit...
If you can accept all that, is looking like Ray Palmer really such a stretch?

Him looking the double of Ray Palmer is a way bigger stretch IMO. Why would he look exactly like a human on another universe? People would be asking Ray why he's dressed like Superman.

When it comes to multiverse you don't need a why, anything goes, they can have different laws of physics.
There's a universe where Superman is an anthropomorphic rabbit, no logic can explain that other than the fact that they are stories.
There could be an alternate universe where everyone looks like Ray Palmer, and it would not be the craziest DC universe.

There this line in the Green Lantern movie said by Hector Hammond, "just the fact that he's humanoid suggests a possible convergent origin..." or something like that.

Not that it matters, but I remember at the time thinking that it was a cool little idea to put out there in the universe or sci-fy in general.

When it comes to multiverse you don't need a why, anything goes, they can have different laws of physics.
There's a universe where Superman is an anthropomorphic rabbit, no logic can explain that other than the fact that they are stories.
There could be an alternate universe where everyone looks like Ray Palmer, and it would not be the craziest DC universe.

You're talking in context of the multiverse in general, I'm talking the logic that has been set up in the DCCW and by the logic in the show and the earths set up it wouldn't make sense.

You're talking in context of the multiverse in general, I'm talking the logic that has been set up in the DCCW and by the logic in the show and the earths set up it wouldn't make sense.

I'll concede I know next to nothing about how the CW multiverse works (I don't watch the shows). I just assumed it was the same as in the comics.

I agree with the bolded part. If I was a writer for Superman comics relaunch (or Else-worlds), I would make the Original Kryptonians look like humanoid aliens.
Aesthetic-Machine-Deviant-Art-Mass-Effect-Alien-Head-Concept.jpg

Jor El would send an automated probe (in stealth mode) on Earth to collect data and gather information first. Then they decide to genetically engineer their baby who is designed to look like Human and then after his birth they send him to Earth to escape Krypton's fate.
Why go to the trouble to hava a child then!? Why not just let nature do it’s thing on krypton? Also - they are selling themselves out by changing the look of kryptonians - they should be proud!!
Him looking the double of Ray Palmer is a way bigger stretch IMO. Why would he look exactly like a human on another universe? People would be asking Ray why he's dressed like Superman.
I agree - however what if it was actually ray Palmer in the body of Clark on another earth - like a quantum leap style effect where everyone else sees Christopher Reeves or whoever but 90% of the time we see Brandon Routh!

Why go to the trouble to hava a child then!? Why not just let nature do it’s thing on krypton? Also - they are selling themselves out by changing the look of kryptonians - they should be proud!!!
Nah, it probably depends on the what one considers as important, preserving their Original DNA, (which advanced species will manipulate no doubt but majority of it will still remain intact despite minor manipulations.) or their heritage, knowledge, culture etc.

There this line in the Green Lantern movie said by Hector Hammond, "just the fact that he's humanoid suggests a possible convergent origin..." or something like that.

Not that it matters, but I remember at the time thinking that it was a cool little idea to put out there in the universe or sci-fy in general.
Yeah "Convergent Origins" is a scientific theory, which applies to why there are aliens who resemble humans elsewhere in the Universe (as shown in Comics and TV shows like ST), but my point is they should resemble but not be exact copy of humans.

Nah, it probably depends on the what one considers as important, preserving their Original DNA, (which advanced species will manipulate no doubt but majority of it will still remain intact despite minor manipulations.) or their heritage, knowledge, culture etc.
Nah indeed

I'm with you on this one, BH. The only way to make that work would be to lampshade it. So if you did have Routh play Superman, acting the part, so he acts more sure of himself and stands in a different way then Ray does, and the hair is slightly different, if they just have a character comment on it, like from Hank: "Jeez, Ray, this guy sure looks like you. Then have Routh-Man and Ray-Routh look at it each other, and then have Rory put Ray down, saying something like, "Haircut is no Superman. Look at that guy."

Whatever, just something to address it that they look alike and move on. That way they aren't literally saying that in one universe Ray is human an in a different dimension he is a Kryptonian. They are actually two completely different people who just happen to look like dopplegangers. That would work for me, I think.

Holy s**t, the DCAU animated double header on the 14th Jan of the DoS series is playing at my local cinema, I've just discovered. Amazeballs.

Holy s**t, the DCAU animated double header on the 14th Jan of the DoS series is playing at my local cinema, I've just discovered. Amazeballs.

So you’re going right?

I’ve got my tickets for Monday night. Cannot wait!

If only the concept for this trilogy had been better executed and done right...

Dwlb7cyW0AYJV6g

To be honest, is this really a hard concept... i think, going for someone as 'unique' as Snyder was their issue - most directors i would assume think 'how can we best make this as faithful and yet different from the rest' and most would go to the source material and give a broad spectrum of what has come since, taking the best, popular elements where as it seems Zak bless him thought 'let's give them the heroes but let's see them from a different angle' and whilst i appreciate that, we just weren't ready... WB weren't ready and the heroes on screen weren't ready.

Let's say 'phase 1' was complete and we had seen all the heroes in either solo's or cameo's (thanks to movies by Wan, Jenkins, Mcquarry etc) and then Zak knew what had been presented before then had his oppertunity to add with WB keeping a close eye - it could have been epic.

WB could have went for Darkseid before Infinity War. However, as BvS and Civil War has shown us, being first out of the gate doesn't necessarily mean the better received. That is the issue that can arise with these franchise and similar heroes/stories. Aquaman & Namor, Quicksilver & Flash, JL & Avengers, Darkseid and Thanos, Batman v. Superman & Cap vs. Iron Man. You have to be different but entertaining enough.

Even taking the battle to Apocalypse against Darkseid would have drawn comparisons to Thanos & Titan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"