Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

You have higher opinion of WB suits than I do. I think they are petty, greedy little men who hold grudges and want to destroy all joy:o

WB :o

tumblr_oqat9z9X6x1u3g509o1_400.gif

To be honest everything regarding Justice League has been handled poorly by the WB and the sad part is the WB could've put a stop to the Snyder Cut stuff earlier had they just released a statement saying "That they have no plans to release it at this time." Saying something like that publicly could've and still could go a long way, being quite about everything isn't helping but hurting them.

Lets see how loose lipped he gets durinf the Aquaman press tour.

Depends on if they're informed beforehand about what is or isn't on the table for discussion.

A Cyborg solo doesn't sound likely, but one thing I'd like to see WB attempt is a "Brave and the Bold" format with team-ups of two heroes in the same film. Not five, not even three, but strictly two. Marvel's approach with Ragnarok and Ant-Man/Wasp has paid off, and by including the names in the title, there's a definite event-ness to it, especially if they're as recognizable as DC's. You'd be letting characters share in on each other's appeal. A Batman/Wonder Woman movie for starters would turn heads instantly, and once the concept got introduced, they could do pairings with less hot characters... such as Flash/Cyborg. Which was actually rumored during the Famuyiwa days. Aquaman/WW. Batman/Flash. Another Superman/Batman. Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy. Whatever. And more as you keep introducing new DC faces. You might not need ultra-high risk ventures like a Justice League OR a solo to try to put characters like Cyborg to use.

Has it paid off for Ant Man and the Wesp that film has underperformed even by its own standards.

I will say that I like a Brave and the Bold idea though.

I think that by putting "... and the Wasp" front and center they added a bit of must-watch factor it might not have had otherwise. Without it it might have grossed even less, I'm guessing?

I think that by putting "... and the Wasp" front and center they added a bit of must-watch factor it might not have had otherwise. Without it it might have grossed even less, I'm guessing?

I think Antman and the Wasp is simply a victim of Marvel not living up to their own ridiculously standards. After IW, audiences are salivating to see whats the next chapter and instead they got a kind of inconsequential family comedy film. I think a lot of people probably told their friends "eh, its ok, not worth seeing in theater," which explains the BO.

I think Antman and the Wasp is simply a victim of Marvel not living up to their own ridiculously standards. After IW, audiences are salivating to see whats the next chapter and instead they got a kind of inconsequential family comedy film. I think a lot of people probably told their friends "eh, its ok, not worth seeing in theater," which explains the BO.

Here's my roundabout way of talking about A&tW, the Brave & the Bold idea, and Justice League. It still has to look and be marketed like a worthwhile filler...which Aquaman and Shazam aim to do at surprisingly the same or lower pricepoint.

The more I think about Ant Man and The Wasp, the more I sour on it lol.

The more I think about Ant Man and The Wasp, the more I sour on it lol.

I don't really understand why people expected so much from it in the first place. I mean the first movie wasn't that great in the first place it was average at best.

You have higher opinion of WB suits than I do. I think they are petty, greedy little men who hold grudges and want to destroy all joy:o

i really do not want to believe this as i like to first give people the benefit of the doubt --- but what you say is probably not far from the truth. lol

i really do not want to believe this as i like to first give people the benefit of the doubt --- but what you say is probably not far from the truth. lol

Should give Hamada my man the benefit of the doubt, until he probably dumps Cavill, f***er

Should give Hamada my man the benefit of the doubt, until he probably dumps Cavill, f***er

yea i would be pissed too if cavill was gone.

dood has hella potential to give us a portrayal of the best live action superman ever - man of steel was getting there, imo. then it stumbled a bit with BvS ( i still liked his parts in it though)...then JL just squandered it.

i really want that MOS sequel - we shall see.

If they ever go forward with Green Lantern (John Stewart), I sure hope for

Trevante Rhodes or Sterling K. Brown

Just curious but if Wonder Woman 1984 is going to further contradict the backstory established for her in Snyder's films along with us getting a new Batman and Joker(where their films may not have anything to do with the DCEU) along with potentially a new superman as well, does that mean that we are getting a full on reboot or that they're scrapping the whole shared universe idea and sticking to standalone films?

Just curious but if Wonder Woman 1984 is going to further contradict the backstory established for her in Snyder's films along with us getting a new Batman and Joker(where their films may not have anything to do with the DCEU) along with potentially a new superman as well, does that mean that we are getting a full on reboot or that they're scrapping the whole shared universe idea and sticking to standalone films?

who knows wtf they wanna do aye. Such like Star Wars right now.

WW84 isn’t necessarily going to change the back story though. In BvS she confronts Doomsday and in JL she saves all those people from the bombers. This is all before by the end she’s decided to be more of a hero like Superman and reveal herself as a beacon to the world. So it’s clear that me that she and always helped out she just never stuck around.

I wonder about that, I always assumed she helps from the shadows, but with her doing public heroics in WW84 I wonder how that will work; maybe they'll just throw the "movie canon" away, but with the Snyders being producers on this one I wonder how it'll work.

Either way, as long as I enjoy the movie I'm all good.

I wonder about that, I always assumed she helps from the shadows, but with her doing public heroics in WW84 I wonder how that will work; maybe they'll just throw the "movie canon" away, but with the Snyders being producers on this one I wonder how it'll work.

Either way, as long as I enjoy the movie I'm all good.

I figure it like yeah she helps but then she’s never seen again in that same area etc. Kind of like the Hulk going from town to town to the point where she becomes an urban legend.

I don't know if the Snyders have a say in WW84 to the point where they can veto ideas. That movie's interesting in the sense that it's a prequel after another prequel, so it would have to liberate itself from the terms set by the introductory film no matter what. If they're as restrictive as "She had no noteworthy adventures since 1918", it makes sense to let go of it.

BVS set up her history by saying "I've killed things from other worlds before", I don't think that just means Ares.

I just think the line about walking away from humanity is such a throwaway thing at this point. If WW84 is better for ignoring it, then just ignore it. I really don't care about continuity beyond the casting aspect. It's not like the comics were ever easy to follow. Just go with whatever works for your own headcanon if you need.

At this point who cares about continuity. Just make a cool movie and no one will care. I think literally the point of Diana saying that was just Zack's way of hopefully building intrigue for the audience for her solo movie so we can see just what happened to her.

"Walked away" could mean any different things, it's open to interpretation. I think it means Diana was disillusioned with humanity and decided not to actively participate in their wars.

Also, they are going to have loose continuity to older films, they are not going to bend over backwards to adjust future movies because of some lines of dialogue in BvS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"