The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think DOFP will make any difference. The actors are in Baton Rouge and according to Kinberg, shooting will start around May 5. By the time they have enough meaningful information on DOFP box, they'll be 1/3 of the way through the shoot.

I think if DOFP had any impact on this film they would have scheduled production to start in June instead of May.

I don't think DOFP will make any difference. The actors are in Baton Rouge and according to Kinberg, shooting will start around May 5. By the time they have enough meaningful information on DOFP box, they'll be 1/3 of the way through the shoot.

I think if DOFP had any impact on this film they would have scheduled production to start in June instead of May.

Sorry, but I'm going to need something more than five actors reportedly traveling down there and filming.

I agree with Mr. M. This has got to be one of the weirdest movie productions I've ever seen.

At this point, I can't say that it won't be made, I can't say that I won't enjoy the movie, I can't say that it won't be a success....

But, what I can say is, I don't feel like it is a "Fantastic Four" movie, and I don't feel the excitement as I did with the first movie. I didn't agree with the casting of some of the people in the first movie, even though I'm a fan of Alba, I didn't think she was the right one for the part, but I gave her shot and I will give these guys a shot as well...though I know very little about any of them. It just doesn't feel the same, and the lack of news is just WEIRD....I am actually holding out for Comic-con and if I hear nothing from Fox on the F4 there, then there is definite trouble in the Negative Zone. If Fox doesn't do a full push at Comic-Con, panel, full out footage, etc.... if they do the whole, "oh we are keeping this all a secret" then they are screwed.

At this point, I can't say that it won't be made, I can't say that I won't enjoy the movie, I can't say that it won't be a success....

But, what I can say is, I don't feel like it is a "Fantastic Four" movie, and I don't feel the excitement as I did with the first movie. I didn't agree with the casting of some of the people in the first movie, even though I'm a fan of Alba, I didn't think she was the right one for the part, but I gave her shot and I will give these guys a shot as well...though I know very little about any of them. It just doesn't feel the same, and the lack of news is just WEIRD....I am actually holding out for Comic-con and if I hear nothing from Fox on the F4 there, then there is definite trouble in the Negative Zone. If Fox doesn't do a full push at Comic-Con, panel, full out footage, etc.... if they do the whole, "oh we are keeping this all a secret" then they are screwed.

Honestly, if they do a CC panel, I am somewhat fearful of how it will turn out. I feel like we could be seeing some ugly results from twitter about it.

Honestly, if they do a CC panel, I am somewhat fearful of how it will turn out. I feel like we could be seeing some ugly results from twitter about it.

If there was a CC panel. Then FFINO should be last. So the majority of the people not interested in it can leave. That alone would speak volumes

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it and watching the fans ask questions. I'm sure none of them will be positive so it would be interesting to see how it plays out.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it and watching the fans ask questions. I'm sure none of them will be positive so it would be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'd be interested to see them field hard questions, but at the same time, I don't look forward to potential incidents that will ignite the racism talk again. I am fearful of that in the panel.

I'd be interested to see them field hard questions, but at the same time, I don't look forward to potential incidents that will ignite the racism talk again. I am fearful of that in the panel.

I am guessing that in order to avoid that with this specific panel they would screen the questions first before letting anyone go up & control it more

They'd have to do somethnig like that. No way around it.

Granted that would just make Fox look even worse in the long run

Sorry, but I'm going to need something more than five actors reportedly traveling down there and filming.

I still think there's a (very slim) chance they're angling for a check from Marvel (and haven't told Trank and those working on it - similar to what happened to those working on the Corman effort). But I don't think that if the big thing holding them back is DOFP, they'd start with a half-assed effort several weeks before DOFP is scheduled to open. I think if that were the case, they'd simply wait until June to start (and tweets from Kate Mara and Miles Teller indicate the two of them and Jamie Bell are in Baton Rouge).

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the half-assed effort is most likely attributable a lack of effort and interest by the studio. I'd like to believe there's still a chance Fox will just drop the whole thing rather than doing it half-assed, but I've resigned myself to the idea we'll be watching a half-assed effort from now until June of next year.

I still think there's a (very slim) chance they're angling for a check from Marvel (and haven't told Trank and those working on it - similar to what happened to those working on the Corman effort). But I don't think that if the big thing holding them back is DOFP, they'd start with a half-assed effort several weeks before DOFP is scheduled to open. I think if that were the case, they'd simply wait until June to start (and tweets from Kate Mara and Miles Teller indicate the two of them and Jamie Bell are in Baton Rouge).

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the half-assed effort is most likely attributable a lack of effort and interest by the studio. I'd like to believe there's still a chance Fox will just drop the whole thing rather than doing it half-assed, but I've resigned myself to the idea we'll be watching a half-assed effort from now until June of next year.

A little bit interesting that the one getting the most heat for this is not there yet

I agree but I wouldn't call it racism. I think fans just want them to be true to the source. Plus the casting of Johny Storm is one of the least of Fox's problem with this film. I just can't see anyone getting excited for this film.

It seems every year Marvel Studios always has the biggest buzz at the comic con events. DC/WB did get it when they announced Batman vs Superman but now they seemed to have turned into a Justice League but Fox hasn't really had that big of a buzz either. With all the characters of Marvel they have, they really should be bigger than what they are.

I agree but I wouldn't call it racism. I think fans just want them to be true to the source. Plus the casting of Johny Storm is one of the least of Fox's problem with this film. I just can't see anyone getting excited for this film.

It seems every year Marvel Studios always has the biggest buzz at the comic con events. DC/WB did get it when they announced Batman vs Superman but now they seemed to have turned into a Justice League but Fox hasn't really had that big of a buzz either. With all the characters of Marvel they have, they really should be bigger than what they are.

I'm not saying anyone is racist. But, when you get enough people in a confined area, am I worried someone is going to say something dumb? Yes. It only takes 1 person before it is all over the net.

I'm not saying anyone is racist. But, when you get enough people in a confined area, am I worried someone is going to say something dumb? Yes. It only takes 1 person before it is all over the net.

Maybe I didn't say it right. I didn't think you meant anything about it. I'm just saying in general that it's not racist for people to want a white Johny Storm. I know plenty of black people who were pissed that they cast a black guy. I think if they will field fan's question there, most of them would be how pissed they are about this atrocity going forward and about the rights reverting back to Marvel.

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't say it right. I didn't think you meant anything about it. I'm just saying in general that it's not racist for people to want a white Johny Storm. I know plenty of black people who were pissed that they cast a black guy. I think if they fielding fan's question there, most of them would be how pissed they are about this atrocity going forward and about the rights reverting back to Marvel.

I think there is definitely fans out there that can ask questions maturely and handle the panel with respect. I'm not worried about those people, though. I'm worried about the immature minority of the fan community who will make us all look bad.

I think there is definitely fans out there that can ask questions maturely and handle the panel with respect. I'm not worried about those people, though. I'm worried about the immature minority of the fan community who will make us all look bad.

You are right but if any studio deserves the bad fans, it's Fox.

My concern is that the real issues will get overshadowed. The headline is likely to be: "Racist FF Fans Heckle FF Cast for Featuring African American Johnny Storm" as opposed to: "Half-Assed Fox Effort to Make FF Film Gets Heckled by Fans."

I've already seen that spin from outlets reporting the story from people who don't really pay attention to what fans are actually saying but like the attention-grabbing, controversial spin.

My concern is that the real issues will get overshadowed. The headline is likely to be: "Racist FF Fans Heckle FF Cast for Featuring African American Johnny Storm" as opposed to: "Half-Assed Fox Effort to Make FF Film Gets Heckled by Fans."

I've already seen that spin from outlets reporting the story from people who don't really pay attention to what fans are actually saying but like the attention-grabbing, controversial spin.

Are you kidding, posts from this forum have been used for that crap line of thinking...

If they want to keep fans like me that will give the film a viewing and a chance even though we have not been happy with the cast and the way it has been going? They better not pull that kind of stuff, that will send me packing having never viewed the movie in the first place, and I'm doubtful it will add viewers. People don't like the race card being thrown in at every turn as an excuse.

When is the official release date for this film and what is the competition it will face around that time?

The Avenger 2 & Jurassic Park 4 will be out before this releases & some Pixar Movie on the same day & Ted 2 a week after release

Not a smart move to go head to head with Pixar's 'Inside Out' imo. Pixar flicks usually open to around $60 or 70mil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"