The King of the Seven Seas Must FALL!!! The Official Aquaman Villains Thread

Discussion in 'Aquaman' started by John-An, Oct 29, 2014.

1. John-An Wonder Fingers!

Orm, Black Manta, The Dead King.. which villain do you think will be the one Aquamoa fight in his first movie? Casting is also allowed.
    [​IMG]

2. -Arya- World’s Strangest Heroes

Any of the above would work for me though I'm hoping it's Black Manta. Perhaps they could even introduce him in Suicide Squad.

3. Boy Scout Registered

I think they'll go for either Orm or Black Manta. There have also been rumors that they're going to adapt the "Trench" storyline from the comics (which I haven't read).

My choices for Black Manta are Will Smith, Keith David, and Morris Chestnut - in that order.

I don't know who would make a decent Orm.

4. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

One movie based on Throne of Atlantis, with Orm

and another movie with Black Manta as the main villain

WILL SMITH FOR MANTA

5. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

David is... He's too old for Manta. I think Ocean Master as the "Face" villain and perhaps Manta in the background just for the first film. Then when it comes time for the death of Mera and Arthur's child Manta will have been pretty well defined and built up (especially if he is in the Suicide Squad film).

6. Boy Scout Registered

Maybe. The majority of my exposure to the character comes from YJ, where he was portrayed as an older man with a son in his early twenties, so that's more or less the image I have of him in my head. I think David would be able to get into proper shape, however, and would deliver a chilling performance.

That sounds good. :up:

7. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I think there is older, and then there is old though. David is OLD. he's in his late 60's. There's little chance of him getting into shape for a role that requires all the physical aspects Manta has. We are talking long hours of swimming and staying wet on set. This is a part (along with Aquaman) that will take it out of an actor on any given day. David is the choice for 20 years ago. If Smith were to get the role, even at his age he can pull off the physical stuff. I can see Smith with the grayling hair playing a YJ inspired Manta easily. Actually now that my dream of him ruling Wakanda has been crushed, I say get Chiwatel for Manta.

8. Boy Scout Registered

Is he? Damn. He looks good for his age. I honestly thought he was in his fifties. Never mind then. :funny:

Smith is my first choice. I've heard great things about Chiwatel, but I haven't seen any of his movies.

9. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

For Chiwatel a good mix to see his range is SERENITY (he handles the villain role in spectacular manner), RED BELT (almost a first, but a "serious" Western produced realistic martial arts film) and of course, TWELVE YEARS A SLAVE (truly a profound performance of both grit a striking humanity). I think he could be a good pick to portraying what I like to call Manta's ruthless "cold" rage. Yes, I know that statement is paradoxical.

10. CaptainWagner Not Today

Karl Urban for Orm.

Leslie Odom Jr. for Black Manta

11. famicommander Registered

Has to be Black Manta or Ocean Master.

I like the Trench, the Dead King, and Killer Shark but they're not on the level of the other two. Black Manta especially is iconic, thanks mostly to his 60s and 70s cartoon appearances. He was also incredible on Young Justice.

12. Silvermoth Avenger

Orm is definitely a great choice for his origin story but I would love to see the beginnings of black manta start to happen.

I have no idea who could play black manta though. Keith David maybe? He would instantly make black manta one of the most iconic and memorable villians in comic book history

13. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I was wrong before. Keith is 58. Still a bit long in the tooth to be Manta by my reckoning. I love his voice too, but this is similar to hearing about wanting Connery for Deathstroke when he was in his 70's to me. Do we really want to see Momoa beating on a 58 year old man(actually closer to 60 when filming would start)? Can Manta be mature compared to Momoa? Yeah, but there is mature and then there's old enough to be the heroes father an then some. Even decked out in a stunning Manta suit I don't know about how David would look next to Momoa who is a freaking beast.

14. DeadPresident Registered

This might be a bit unpopular considering the general quality of the film (although I really enjoy it) but Ejiofor also plays a pretty good villain in Four Brothers with Mark Wahlberg and Garrett Hedlund. It further supports your assertion though, he probably gives the best performance in that movie.

15. Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

Michael K. Williams is the only choice for Black Manta.

"Black Manta's coming, yo."

16. aNarcHy2day Screw You Mayans!

So, for Orm/ Ocean Master, my choice is Oscar Issac
    [​IMG]

For Black Manta, irrespective of Will Smith's reported take on the affair, the choices are Ejiofor
    [​IMG]

or Giancarlo Esposito
    [​IMG]

NOTE: Whoever doesn't get the role can be Martian Manhunter!

17. BatFan1979 The Fan Batman Needs...

This!! Interesting casting for sure!

18. Airwings Waves of air

Ocean Master should be the first villain, and only him.

Johnny Depp could be a candidate if he plays it straight. Re-watch Public Enemies and see my point.

19. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Black Manta: Will Smith, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Michael K Williams

Ocean Master I don't really know who should play him. Depp would work, it'd be smart to get A listers for Orm and Manta

Will Smith as Manta and Depp as Orm would be sick!

20. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

It also would raise the budget of this film to large degree. Manta or Ocean Master can be super A list level, but not both. So think Waldau as Orm and Smith as Manta. That's not breaking the bank.

21. TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Will Smith I don't think has ever done a villain role so I think I'd love to see that, also why don't they just keep the voice actor from the Throne of Atlantis film and put Sam Witwer as Orm.

22. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I am not a SMALLVILLE fan, but Witwer on BEING HUMAN was amazing. Truly amazing. He needs to be tapped for Marvel or DC films pronto.

23. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Danny Sapani (Trance, Penny Dreaful, Misfits) would make a good Black Manta
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Guts Smug

Black Manta: You come at the king, you bes not miss.

Aquaman: But I am the king.

25. Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

"I got the shotgun, you got the trident. It's all in the game though, right?"